Roeder

Pearson 2

Allardyce

Hughton 2

Kinnear

Shearer

Pardew

MENTAL!

FC STABILITY. Pards is running out of time.

Quite an enjoyable read on overseas Newcastle fans.

http://blogs.soccernet.com/newcastleunited/archives/2011/11/more_and_more_we_are_1.php

This bit in the comments section tickled me too.

I love my Newcastle story! At a college party my sophomore year, the keg was kicked so we raided the fridge and found a few Newcastle Brown Ales. We went out back and enjoyed the brews.

The next morning I looked up this magical drink, and during my search, I came across NUFC. I thought, "Holy cow! There's a soccer team named after a beer!" I eventually figured out the truth, but after finding out about how diehard the fans are, I knew this was the club for me.

My first NUFC jersey was bought in Bermuda for cheap just after they were relegated. That was disappointing, the team I choose drops off just two years later. The upside was most matches being on ESPN3 so I got to know the players and the team.

Now that they're back and doing well, I'm glad I stuck with them. I have grown to hate Ashley, and love that even at away matches, the Toon Army is loudest. I thought the stolen beer was karma when they dropped, but this was all meant to be. Howay the Lads![/b]

:lol:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Club/History/ClubHistory/0,,10278~2108987,00.html

THE origins of Newcastle United Football Club belong to Victorian Tyneside and two local sides, Newcastle East End and Newcastle West End. Situated on either side of the city, these two pioneering teams developed from humble beginnings as offshoots of cricket clubs during the early years of the 1880's.

A great rivalry between the two factions took place for a number of years, but by 1892 it was the East Enders who had become the dominant force. West End ran into financial problems and on their demise East End moved across the city and took over West End's ground, St James Park.

one of Newcastle East or West End maybe?

Well they shouldn't put Newcastle United, founded 1881 on the shirt. Seems like a massive cock-up to me.

Indeed. That is kind of weird.

Thought the same thing, seems bonkers to release a celebratory range like that based on the date a predecessor club was founded. 

one of Newcastle East or West End maybe?

Well they shouldn't put Newcastle United, founded 1881 on the shirt. Seems like a massive cock-up to me.

It is if you ask me. That's why you can find those articles under 'sale'. :lol:

Former Southampton captain Claus Lundekvam visited Tyneside yesterday and met Alan Pardew and the players at the training ground. There is a video of it here:

http://www.tv2.no/sport/fotball/england/premierleague/her-pusser-premier-leaguestjernen-skoene-til-claus-lundekvam-3629888.html

He also brought this little thing for the weather-presenter who works with him in Norwegian TV2.  :snod:

http://yfrog.com/z/ntzlgdvj

Re. Ball changes to yellow when clocks go back. I prefer the yellow one over white tbh. The best one was the yellow with purple a few seasons back.

I still have a size 1 of that one that I kick around the house when I move from room to room. :aww: