Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Be interesting, if they do win, what FIFA will do regarding the artificial pitches. Will they commend them and advocate their installment all across football, or urge the Russian FA to build new grass pitches for the World Cup?

Would've thought they'll stick some grass pitches in with it being during summer.

Maradona has called up Ariel Ortega to the Argentina squad  ;D Incredible

He must be nearly as old as Maradona isn't he? :lol:

Now 36. Its only a friendly against Haiti, but its still madness.....

Maradona has called up Ariel Ortega to the Argentina squad  ;D Incredible

He must be nearly as old as Maradona isn't he? :lol:

Now 36. Its only a friendly against Haiti, but its still madness.....

If Gazza cleans up his act....  :laugh:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2961004/Chelsea-stars-Florent-Malouda-and-Didier-Drogba-form-rock-band.html

CHELSEA duo FLORENT MALOUDA and DIDIER DROGBA are forming their own rock band, with an all-star Stamford Bridge line-up.

It's the biggest music news to come out of the football world since DION DUBLIN invented percussion instrument The Dube.

Sticksman Malouda will kick-off jamming sessions once his team-mate has perfected his bass guitar - given to him by pal WYCLEF JEAN.

Malouda said: "We are just at the beginning of the process and trying to start something special.

"When we are ready, we will show you the results."

The French winger, who this week joined his Ivory Coast bandmate at the opening of the Jada Styles boutique on London's Kings Road, has tipped skipper JOHN TERRY and JOE COLE to sing and hopes the band can emulate his favourite COLDPLAY.

He said: "We have good singers in the dressing room but JT and Joe are the best.

"I went to Wembley to see Coldplay and it was one of the greatest shows I have ever seen.

"I enjoy live music and going to concerts and shows. I love bands who rock the crowd."

I'll have to get the lads in my studio for a Biz session

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2961004/Chelsea-stars-Florent-Malouda-and-Didier-Drogba-form-rock-band.html#ixzz0nEHfwpWV

It is only for a charity exhibition match with no Europe based players being picked.

One of the reasons that Maradona has picked so many players is because of this n all. A lot of their friendlies, as with Brazil, they just call up locally based players.

Article from co.uk where some of the players will go to in their holidays. Interesting that our right sided combo Routledge and Simpson will do their trips together.

Made me a bit laugh when I read that Ryan Taylor will go to Vegas playing poker - he just has the ideal poker face.  :lol:

Tyneside To Stateside - Toon Stars Summer Plans

By Craig Hope

FROM Tyneside to Stateside, Newcastle United's stars will be unwinding from their title-winning campaign by jetting off across the Atlantic for a well-earned close-season holiday.

The boys have been talking to nufcTV this week as part of our 'Toon-Mates Summer Specials' and, when asked about their summer plans, the United States appeared to be the destination of choice.

Both Steve Harper and Peter Lovenkrands will be setting off on family jaunts to Disney World, Alan Smith will be catching the rays in the sunshine state of Florida, Scouse pair Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor will be in the bright lights of Las Vegas, Danny Simpson and Wayne Routledge are heading further west to Los Angeles, while Jose Enrique will be in New York.

Here's what the boys had to say, starting with Toon favourite Harps.

Article continues>>

Pre-Order The Lord of the Rings: Conquest

"I'm going to Disney World in Florida with the kids," he revealed, "They are seven and four now and I've put it off for a while but they've been badgering me for a couple of years.

"It's 15 years since I've been there so I'm looking forward to it - I think I'll be a bigger kid than them when they're there!"

Danny Simpson said: "I'm going away with Wayne (Routledge) and a few of the other lads to Los Angeles for a little bit.

"It'll be nice to get away and just relax away from it all before the new season."

Jose Enrique said: "I will go back to Galicia in northern Spain where my wife is from. I will then take her to New York, because the girls like that, and then I'll go to my hometown of Valencia to see my friends and family."

Peter Lovenkrands said: "I'm going to New York with my brother and a couple of friends from Denmark. I'm then off to Disney World with the kids before finally a holiday with my wife.

"I've heard Jose Enrique's going to New York as well so I'll be trying to avoid him!" he joked. "But no, I think a few of the boys are going so we'll have to meet up at some point."

Alan Smith said: "My best friend lives in Florida so I'll go over there for a bit to see him. I'll also head back to Leeds to see my parents."

And Ryan Taylor said: "Every year I have a bit of a poker week in Vegas with the lads.

"I'd say I'm going there to unwind but you don't really unwind in Vegas. But I will have a more relaxing holiday later in the summer with my girlfriend."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100506/tyneside-to-stateside-toon-stars-summer-plans_2240137_2044974

Anyone hear about the death during a game in the Croatian amateur league?

The guy suffered a heart attack in the middle of the game and fell down to the ground. The ref thought he took and dive and booked him for cheating. The bloke died on the way to the hospital.