Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

"I was in on my own and couldn't go downstairs so I had told him on the phone to just come in when he arrived. But he went to the wrong house. My neighbours were sat having their tea and in walked the Newcastle manager. They couldn't believe it." :lol:

I have big news everyone.

Everton u12s lost 4-2 tonight to Tranmere u12s.

After a valiant effort in the 1st half, we were made to pay for the 3 aforementioned strikers being forced to go home to do their homework.

Young Billy got sent off in the 2nd half for an altercation with the Tranmere keeper. The keeper said to Billy that he "stinks of poo" and our lad didn't react well. The Tranmere kid started it, though. It was a poor decision from the referee.

Tomorrow, I'll report back on controversial changes to the lunch menu for the senior team. I've been informed that the spicy tomato pasta is no longer being served and a quintet of players, led by a disbelieving Phil Neville, are set to hold a hunger strike in protest. Interesting to see how that goes.

http://i44.tinypic.com/awf5zs.jpg

:lol:

:lol: amazing

"Ruud Gullit didn't do too well as manager but he had lovely suits and lovely curly hair. And he really liked my Christmas cake." :lol:

:lol: She's obsessed with his love of her Christmas cake. Says so much that that's the best anecdote she has about him, and she has to repeat it.

Famous Five: Goal Celebrations

In the first of an occasional new feature on nufc.co.uk, we pick our top five on a host of Newcastle United topics. To get the ball rolling, DAN KING recalls some of the most memorable goal celebrations of modern times...

Ever since Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse knelt down in front of a corner flag to pray together following the opening goal against Aston Villa this month, youngsters throughout the North-East have been mimicking their celebration.

On any playground or park pitch at the moment, the chances are that a goal will be followed by the scorer and at least one team-mate - sometimes even the whole team - following the lead of United's new strike pairing.

That's what a good celebration can do. A few years ago it seemed like everybody in the world was doing Peter Crouch's 'robot dance', while Gareth Bale's love heart symbol and Nicholas Anelka's 'butterfly' have also been popular in recent years.

But nobody seems to celebrate a goal quite like Newcastle United, and we had a hard time narrowing our selection down to five. However, here are our favourites.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/5a/2e/0,,10278~10497626,00.jpg

Number five - Kevin Nolan's 'quack'

Some fans will probably argue that this celebration should be placed higher, but it will always by synonomous with the number five so that's where it goes on our run-down.

When Nolan netted a hat-trick in last season's 5-1 win over Sunderland, each of his goals was followed by the sight of the skipper doing a chicken dance and although it may not have been the most stylish celebration, it will always be fondly remembered on Tyneside - even if Robbie Elliott had copyrighted a similar one some years earlier.

The midfielder explained that he had decided upon the routine while on holiday in Marbella, in homage to the dancefloor moves of one of his pals, Carl 'Quincy' Quine.

http://i.imgur.com/QYy8E.jpg

Number four - Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse's prayer

To the uninitiated, it might appear that most of Tyneside's school-going population are currently practising Muslims, such is the playground popularity of this particular celebration.

On his first game for Newcastle in almost a month following his involvement in the African Cup of Nations, Ba gave United the lead against Aston Villa and, as he has done all season, marked it by kneeling down in prayer.

However, his Senegalese countryman Cisse was making his Magpies debut and joined him down by the corner flag - an image made all the more iconic when Cisse netted a stunning winner later in the same game.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/6e/2e/0,,10278~10497646,00.jpg

Number three - Tino Asprilla's shirt on a corner flag

Asprilla was always entertaining, and his usual cartwheel celebrations were fun in their own right. But when he netted against Metz in the UEFA Cup in 1996, he ran over to Gallowgate End, removed his shirt and placed it on top of the corner flag before hoisting it up in the air.

He was booked for his troubles but, even before his famous hat-trick against Barcelona, this was the moment that Tino became an adopted Geordie. "It was a beautiful moment," he told the Newcastle United magazine some years later.

"It was my way of saying 'this is the most important thing to me. Nothing is more important than Newcastle United.' It was like a thank you for having me."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/74/2e/0,,10278~10497652,00.jpg

Number two - Temuri Ketsbaia's advertising board demolition

He was affectionately known as the 'Mad Monk' by the supporters and this - together with his bald head - was why.

Frustrated by a lack of playing time, the Georgian felt he had a point to prove so when he scored the winner against Bolton in 1998, he ripped off his shirt, ran over to the advertising hoardings... and began kicking them.

A McDonalds board bore the brunt of his first kick before an Adidas logo also received a swift right boot before Alessandro Pistone and Darren Peacock managed to calm him down - and Alan Shearer politely asked for Ketsbaia's shirt back so that he could continue playing.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/83/2e/0,,10278~10497667,00.jpg

Number one - Alan Shearer's raised arm

It wasn't choreographed like Nolan's celebration, or flamboyant like Lomana LuaLua's backflips, and after 206 viewings, you'd think it might have got a bit boring.

But the sight of a boyhood Newcastle fan wearing the number nine shirt and running away to salute his own people with a triumphant arm in the air remains an enduring one.

Some legendary goals were celebrated in this fashion and to most members of the Toon Army, it will always be the best goal celebration of all time.

Always loved seeing the Shearer salute like. Nolan's chicken dance last season was great too - loved seeing it against the mackems in particular.

If Spurs and AEG get the Olympic Stadium I'm expecting AEG to buy out ENIC very soon after.    There have been rumours for months of AEG buying out Spurs with Levy joining the  AEG board and continuing to control Spurs.  Always seemed possible if somewhat unlikely.  I'd not be surprised if it did happen now.

LONDON - Premier League Tottenham Hotspur and David Beckham's Los Angeles Galaxy are planning closer ties that could lead to players crossing the Atlantic in both directions. Tim Leiweke, president of the American sports and entertainment giant AEG that owns the Galaxy and is bidding in partnership with Spurs to take over the London 2012 Olympic stadium after the Games, told reporters the two sides were forging a strategic alliance.

"We have an existing relationship now with Tottenham where we are beginning to think outside the box on football and how we do things together on football," he said in a conference call from Los Angeles.

"Whether that's David Beckham training (with Spurs) or maybe players from Tottenham coming to the Galaxy, playing games against each other.

"Strategically you'll see more of an alliance between us and Tottenham long term," added Leiweke.

Former England captain Beckham, 35, has been training with North London side Tottenham but hopes of a short-term loan deal during the Major League Soccer (MLS) close season have come to nothing.

Leiweke said he wanted Beckham back in Los Angeles for the start of the season.

"I am the one that made the decision in asking David to come back and play a full season in MLS because we haven't been able to do that, be it for loans or injury," he said.

"Our commitment has been 'David, you need to be back here for the MLS season that begins in March'.

"It is because we have asked for that commitment, and the timeline in Tottenham was such, that it was very difficult for them (Spurs) to figure out a way to integrate David into the team," he added.

Leiweke said AEG had encouraged Beckham to go to Tottenham because of the relationship with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

"There are other examples of conversations we've had with Daniel in how to take that kind of cooperation and now extend it to our team in the United States," he added.

"You are going to hear more about that in the future but part of what has been created here is a strategic alliance between AEG and Tottenham on thinking about how we can be involved in Tottenham the football club."

The rumours about AEG buying out ENIC retaining Levy as Chairman are getting stronger with the Express and the Mirror running with the story.

There's also talk that an AEG executive has been "seconded" to Spurs to assist with negotiating for Naming Rights.  AEG ownership with Levy as Chairman would be win/win imo.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/302685/AEG-in-talks-for-Spurs

AEG IN TALKS FOR SPURS

Philip Anschutz is the 34th richest man in the USA with a personal wealth of more than £4.4 billion

Friday February 17,2012

By Tony Banks

AMERICAN entertainment giants AEG are moving closer to a £450 million takeover Tottenham.

AEG owner Philip Anschutz, the 34th richest man in the USA with a personal wealth of more than £4.4 billion, has been in talks with Spurs’ Bahamas-based owner Joe Lewis for weeks.

The pair are close to concluding a deal and Anschutz wants to keep current chairman Daniel Levy in place at White Hart Lane as his man on the ground at the north London club.

The agreement would inject new funds into Tottenham’s coffers and make it harder still for bitter rivals Arsenal to compete for the Champions League places, with Chelsea and the Manchester clubs blocking their path. Spurs  formed close links with the AEG group last year as they put together a bid to buy the Olympic Stadium as a new home.

But now Anschutz, a close friend of Lewis, is interested in buying the club itself.

Spurs delisted from the Stock Exchange in January in a move Levy declared at the time was necessary to secure funding. And last September they were granted planning permission for a new 56,000-seat ground at Northumberland Park.

Lewis, 75, who owns about 30 per cent of Spurs through his company ENIC, of which Levy is also chairman, has been keen to loosen his ties with the club for some time and at last it looks as if the right buyer may have come along.

The reclusive Anschutz has a close interest in football, having been a major investor in the early days of Major League Soccer in the USA. Through his Anschutz Entertainment Group he, at one point, owned the Colorado Rapids, Chicago Fire and the San Jose Earthquakes.

Anschutz currently owns LA Galaxy and played a key role in taking David Beckham to the club in 2007, as well as a majority stake in Houston Dynamo, plus several basketball and ice hockey clubs.

AEG still own the O2 Arena in London and Manchester’s MEN Arena, as well as other major sporting venues.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Bayern Munich’s commercial income is £161m, compared to England: MUFC £103m, LFC £77m, MCFC £58m, CFC £57m, AFC £46m & THFC £37m

Found that interesting.