Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Incredibly lazy journalism around this Di Matteo thing. People acting as if he wasn't a temporaru solution anyway, talking about how ruthless it is, load of bollocks.

you'd think winning the champions league might have gotten him a bit more time though

That's what earned him a lucrative contract and probably a massive pay off today.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Anyone think Mourinho returning could be a possibility?

Ruud Guillet said he thought Mourinho was close to returning last year, based purely on the fact that Mourinho went on to sign his new Real Madrid contract a day after Di Matteo was announced full time manager of Chelsea.  :lol:

I doubt Di Matteo made their signings anyway, so I don't see what difference it makes that he's not going to be the manager any more.

The new manager will be almost forced to use players which might not fit into his style of playing. Like the situation Pardew appears to be in, for example.

I doubt Di Matteo made their signings anyway, so I don't see what difference it makes that he's not going to be the manager any more.

The new manager will be almost forced to use players which might not fit into his style of playing. Like the situation Pardew appears to be in, for example.

Same goes for Di Matteo though. Who says he wanted to sign Marin, Oscar, Hazard, Moses but not a single genuine centre forward? Goes with the territory for every single manager that has been at Chelsea during the Abramovich era.

They won't get Guardiola till the summer so they are really looking at someone to take them till the end of the season.

Who would be stupid enough to do that?  :lol:

Still can't believe this has happened, bloke i work with told me earlier on and thought he was taking the piss.... obviously not.

Perhaps with Abramovich i should have expected this to happen but still didn't see it coming at least not this early.

Same goes for Di Matteo though. Who says he wanted to sign Marin, Oscar, Hazard, Moses but not a single genuine centre forward? Goes with the territory for every single manager that has been at Chelsea during the Abramovich era.

It does, but for Di Matteo it didn't include potentially writing off some of those players months after they've signed. The next manager will have a large problem if he doesn't need all those similar flair players.

Why won't they get Guardiola until the summer?

He's said he's taking a year out.

He's taking a year off from football to spend time with his family

Oh you guys. Come on now.

Wouldn't surprise me if they try and go for Diego Simeone and Falcao. Simeone has been doing wonders wth A. Madrid.

But with Romans patience i can imagine it will go to hell just like with AVB. Though i do like Simeone more.

He's said he's taking a year out.

He's taking a year off from football to spend time with his family

Oh you guys. Come on now.

You think he's going to go back on his word then? pretty sure he could have come out and got a job by now if he wanted it.

Pretty obvious he wants a break from football and won't come back till Summer at the earliest.

I knew it was going to happen eventually, mostly because when the going gets tough Di Matteo lacks being a manager. Yes he won the CL but that was with AVB's team. This season though he's done pretty well in the league, yes ok they aren't doing wonder in the CL but come on it's not like they are out and still stand a decent chance of going through in a very tough team. Even I think this sacking was harsh.

Who do they turn too now? Pep will just end up like AVB, then they will want Jose back, if he came back I can't see him doing any miracles in his first season and all of a sudden he's gone and all of their options are gone. The Chelsea job is like the Liverpool job, it's a poisoned chalice.