Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Do the sponsers take turns with the football league or something? It's gone from Coca Cola to npower this season.

coca cola have had it for 4 years, now npower now.  Sponsorship will always change while business change the way they advertise and market

We were really lucky then that we've been relegated right in time. I would have been disappointed if my Newcastle shirt would have had npower on it instead of CocaCola.  :lol:

Top 10 names printed on shirts 2009/10 Season

1. Torres

2. Gerrard

3. Rooney

4. Fabregas

5. Arshavin

6. Lampard

7. Drogba

8. Owen

9. Carragher

10. Tevez

Top 10 names printed on shirts 2008/09 Season

1. Torres

2. Ronaldo

3. Gerrard

4. Rooney

5. Berbatov

6. Fabregas

7. Arshavin

8. Walcott

9. Nani

10. Lampard

Top 10 names printed on shirts 2007/08 Season

1. Ronaldo

2. Gerrard

3. Torres

4. Rooney

5. Fabregas

6. Tevez

7. Van Persie

8. Carragher

9. Adebayor

10. Nani

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8876682.stm

Owen. :lol:

Argentina footballer Lionel Messi has reportedly formed an Oasis tribute band.

According to The Sun, the Barcelona playmaker takes on the Noel Gallagher role in the group and has recruited a teammate to sing as Liam.

"Our disguise is based on how Oasis looked in the mid-'90s. We have our wigs, clothes and glasses sorted," Messi is quoted as saying. "I also spent a lot of time getting the mannerisms right.

"We'll visit the UK. If you're at a pub or club where we are performing and see past our disguises there'll be a decent prize in it for you."

Messi reportedly added that he has already invited Noel to come and see the group play when they next tour.

The footballer's national teammate Carlos Tevez last year promised to teach the Gallagher brothers how to Latin dance.

:lol:

Top 10 selling named shirts

1. 'Torres 9' (Liverpool)

2. 'Gerrard 8' (Liverpool)

3. 'Rooney 10' (Manchester United)

4. 'Fabregas 4' (Arsenal)

5. 'Arshavin 23' (Arsenal)

6. 'Lampard 8' (Chelsea)

7. 'Drogba 11' (Chelsea)

8. 'Owen 7' (Manchester United)

9. 'Carragher 23' (Liverpool)

10. 'Tevez 32' (Manchester City)

Full story @ http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/20751/

Mr Mitchell said HMRC had worked out that Pompey owed the taxman £30m.

'This assessment goes back some way - to the tax year of 2006/07 - and has been a very complex investigation.

'PAYE should have been paid and has not been paid.

'What has happened is that for some years the club has entered into sham agreements under which players were being paid in repsect of image rights when in fact there was no commercial basis for it.

'It was a sham. It was a way in which the club could pay the money into a tax haven

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UicgYwyB2Bw/SSgX3YSC6ZI/AAAAAAAABso/Mj9azqgP0cg/s400/aaarrrryyy.jpg

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

'This assessment goes back some way - to the tax year of 2006/07 - and has been a very complex investigation.

'What has happened is that for some years the club has entered into sham agreements under which players were being paid in repsect of image rights when in fact there was no commercial basis for it.

'It was a sham. It was a way in which the club could pay the money into a tax haven

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UicgYwyB2Bw/SSgX3YSC6ZI/AAAAAAAABso/Mj9azqgP0cg/s400/aaarrrryyy.jpg

Really looks like Redknapper is getting off on shamming the tax man in that photo! But I still can't work out why this guy's reputation isn't tarnished, thats the biggest sham he's pulled so far - like Keyser Soze/The Devil.

Mark Hughes: "We don't have the distractions of the Europa League and I think that will be an advantage" Top ten would be a good season this year".

I'd be pissed off if I was a Fulham fan right now. Calling a Europa League Final run a "distraction", from a possible top 10 finish. Terrible really.

Really looks like Redknapper is getting off on shamming the tax man in that photo! But I still can't work out why this guy's reputation isn't tarnished, thats the biggest sham he's pulled so far - like Keyser Soze/The Devil.

because hes mates with all the journos so they don't write bad things about him in return he tells them his transfer targets so and so is a terrific player or in other cases hes the unnamed source papers come out with