Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Anybody who retires from international football at a stupidly early stage is a massive cunt imo.

Do you realise that both Wes Brown and Paul Robinson are older than Shearer was when he retired from international football?

Anybody who retires from international football at a stupidly early stage is a massive c*** imo.

Do you realise that both Wes Brown and Paul Robinson are older than Shearer was when he retired from international football?

Yes.

Anybody who retires from international football at a stupidly early stage is a massive c*** imo.

Yes.

:lol: Areet then.  Was glad Shearer retired at 30 personally.  Didn't do us any harm.

Guest Stephen927

Both Brown and Robinson are justified in their retirement from international football. Brown has been patchy with injuries and needs to get his Man United career on track, and Robinson knows he'll only ever be back-up, he needs to build on his good season last time out.

Guest neesy111

Wes Brown now retires from England, nice to see these players telling fabio to f*** off, since he thought they weren't good enough before the world cup

What the fuck? I think I'll announce my retirement from international duty then, since that cunt Fabio didn't think I was good enough.  :idiot2: Whether the manager chooses to pick you or not should be out of the question, all players should be ready and available for selection - playing for your country is an honour not something you should just excpect and then throw the toys out of the pram when it doesn't happen.

capello has burned a lot of bridges with players with his world cup selection, and now he's totally paying the price!  the fact that he gave scholes 2 hours to make his mind up about coming out of retirement, and couldn't be bothered to speak to him personally show's you everything about the man!

Yes.

:lol: Areet then.  Was glad Shearer retired at 30 personally.  Didn't do us any harm.

Of course, it benefited us greatly. Doesn't change my personal opinion of Shearer in that instance though, in principle it still winds me up hugely that a player is willing to quit playing for their country.

Beckham has the right idea, never moaned when McClaren fobbed him off and says he'll be available for selection until the day he retires. Whether he or any player is up to it is in the hands of the manager.

Yes.

Of course, it benefited us greatly. Doesn't change my personal opinion of Shearer in that instance though, in principle it still winds me up hugely that a player is willing to quit playing for their country.

Beckham has the right idea, never moaned when McClaren fobbed him off and says he'll be available for selection until the day he retires. Whether he or any player is up to it is in the hands of the manager.

Will probably never get selected again though, MLS have said he'll not get to go on loans in the spring anymore and he's backed that statement.

Guest neesy111

Yes.

so you think players should be forced to play international football, cos quite simply club football is far far important for players nowadays

Wes Brown now retires from England, nice to see these players telling fabio to f*** off, since he thought they weren't good enough before the world cup

What the f***? I think I'll announce my retirement from international duty then, since that c*** Fabio didn't think I was good enough.  :idiot2: Whether the manager chooses to pick you or not should be out of the question, all players should be ready and available for selection - playing for your country is an honour not something you should just excpect and then throw the toys out of the pram when it doesn't happen.

capello has burned a lot of bridges with players with his world cup selection, and now he's totally paying the price!  the fact that he gave scholes 2 hours to make his mind up about coming out of retirement, and couldn't be bothered to speak to him personally show's you everything about the man!

You know him personally like?

Scholes is another one who retired like a cunt.

The players have far too high an opinion of themselves as far as I'm concerned. Not a humble one amongst them.

Yes.

so you think players should be forced to play international football, cos quite simply club football is far far important for players nowadays

Forced? Jesus Christ man, nearly every Englishman in the country would see it as a f***ing honour to pull on an international shirt. Same shouldn't be any different for the players actually in contention.

Whatever they prioritise is up to them but turning your back on your country completely is arrogance defined. No other country in the world is the same, can you imagine the Brazilian players turning down the chance to play for their country? Fat chance.

You know him personally like?

Scholes is another one who retired like a cunt.

The players have far too high an opinion of themselves as far as I'm concerned. Not a humble one amongst them.

what if they retired 'cause they didn't think they could do themselves and their country justice, still cunts then?

Guest neesy111

Yes.

Forced? Jesus Christ man, nearly every Englishman in the country would see it as a f***ing honour to pull on an international shirt. Same shouldn't be any different for the players actually in contention.

Whatever they prioritise is up to them but turning your back on your country completely is arrogance defined. No other country in the world is the same, can you imagine the Brazilian players turning down the chance to play for their country? Fat chance.

i fucking hate our national team and this country tbh, and if you think i'm in a very small minority then i think your wrong.

club football 99%, national football 1% for me

i fucking hate our national team and this country tbh, and if you think i'm in a very small minority then i think your wrong.

:lol: @ the bit in bold

totally agree about the 99% though...fuck national football if it in anyway threatens to negatively affect NUFC (in the days when it might have :lol:)

Guest neesy111

totally agree about the 99% though...fuck national football if it in anyway threatens to negatively affect NUFC (in the days when it might have :lol:)

this country is going down the pan, and has been for years!

Yes.

i fucking hate our national team and this country tbh , and if you think i'm in a very small minority then i think your wrong.

Neesy pictured earlier...

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00380/ABU_HAMZA_380758a.jpg

this country is going down the pan, and has been for years!

100% agree on that

Darren Bent has been forced to withdraw from the England squad and is a doubt for Sunderland's season opener.

The Black Cats striker was one of five players who were forced to sit out training with the Three Lions on Monday.

A back problem prevented him from joining in with the rest of the squad and he has now been ruled out of Wednesday's friendly date with Hungary.

The news comes as a major blow to all concerned, with England looking to bounce back from their dismal showing at the World Cup finals.

Bent was not among those to have faltered in South Africa, having been left out of the squad, and he was desperate to make his mark this time around.

Having shone for Sunderland during his debut season at the Stadium of Light, many felt Fabio Capello was wrong to overlook him this summer.

Cruel

The Italian, who has been under pressure to alter his approach and usher in a new era of young talent, was prepared to listen to those calls and handed Bent another opportunity to shine.

However, that chance has been cruelly snatched away and Bent will now be nothing more than an interested spectator in midweek.

The former Tottenham and Charlton frontman currently has six senior caps to his name, but is yet to break his scoring duck for his country.

His time will undoubtedly come again, especially if he can reproduce his form from 2009/10, but for now he has been left cursing his luck.

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce will also be unhappy after hearing of the untimely blow, with the Black Cats set to get their Premier League campaign up and running against Birmingham on Saturday.

Excellent.

Reminds me, I wonder if the entire Chile v Italy World Cup match is available somewhere. We only ever see the same clips, and the build-up to the punch-up always adds a lot.