Nottm Forest v Newcastle United, 17:20 Saturday 17 October 2009 pre match thread

Astroblack

win today and we are 7 ahead of Cardiff in 3rd, and 9 ahead of Leicester in 7th. HOWAY THE LADS

Aye, being clear of the play-offs what really matters, rather than being clear of second. A win's not absolutely vital, but it's pretty important cos we're in danger of falling into rut if we go another game without three points.

Harper

Taylor  Simpson  Khiz  Enrique

Guthrie  Smith  Nolan  Loven

Harewood  Carroll

I'm quite damn happy with that team tbh. No Butt, Carroll in, Jonas on the bench. Top stuff :thup:

Harper

Harewood  Carroll

I'm quite damn happy with that team tbh. No Butt, Carroll in, Jonas on the bench. Top stuff :thup:

It's probably the best 4-4-2 we could have asked for, really. I feel quite confident. I reckon we'll sneak a 1-0.

Harper

Harewood  Carroll

Swap Taylor and Simpson, Simpson is too small to play centre half considering Taylor is fit.

Harper

Harewood  Carroll

Swap Taylor and Simpson, Simpson is too small to play centre half considering Taylor is fit.

i think that's ryan taylor, mate. :lol:

Harper

Harewood  Carroll

i think that's ryan taylor, mate. :lol:

Haha, Didn't even look at the team sheet, just assumed...

Why on earth did Jonas come back yesterday? I would have demanded he was here by Thursday night at the latest

Not sure there is much choice actually. Our LA Flight got in at 2pm after after leaving at tea-time thursday so as his flight was longer, or via Miami as well, it weaver little choice.

That said hasn't stopped me from being at the city ground though.

People who wanted to see Jonas playing obviously didn't see him against Bristol City. He was absolutely woeful and deserved to be dropped, regardless of his performance for Argentina.

Impact sub player at best atm.

Back four is a worry and a left winger who does not look arsed, settled for here as had no other options but wants to be a striker not a winger.

hmmmmmmmmm

Agree on Jonas mind will be shattered and was not good last time out, let him watch then give him 25 mins

Harper

Harewood  Carroll

It's probably the best 4-4-2 we could have asked for, really. I feel quite confident. I reckon we'll sneak a 1-0.

Nolan and Lovenkrands aren't proper midfielders, one is too fat to keep up, the other won't want to be involved out wide. i think we'll do well to get a win tbh.