Nottm Forest v Newcastle United, 17:20 Saturday 17 October 2009 pre match thread

Astroblack

Guest Boqueron

I was there for that -  and the replay(s). I told my boss i has a dental appointment for the first one. It was harder to explain the 2nd replay and i ended up jobless. Worth it though

What are people doing for pubs before the match? Mate i'm staying with in nottingham is suggesting somewhere called the meadow club or something cos it's a notts county pub that lets away fans in and it's 5 mins from the ground apparently. Any other suggestions?

What are people doing for pubs before the match? Mate i'm staying with in nottingham is suggesting somewhere called the meadow club or something cos it's a notts county pub that lets away fans in and it's 5 mins from the ground apparently. Any other suggestions?

I put a few in the ticket forum, cba to type them again. Don't really know the area immediately around the ground but there are loads of options in town (about a 20min walk).

That's where we're heading as well :thup:

He did OK against Leicester but was bloody hopeless against Huddersfield. Coloccini has to make it or we're screwed, basically.

He did very well against Leicester to be fair, and they've got a fucking massive centre forward.

He did OK against Leicester but was bloody hopeless against Huddersfield. Coloccini has to make it or we're screwed, basically.

He did very well against Leicester to be fair, and they've got a fucking massive centre forward.

I wouldn't want to be relying on him repeating that performance on a regular basis.

It's Taylor who we'll miss most, Coloccini plays no better than most of the CBs in the league.  Plus I think we'll be fine as long as the midfield do their job,  Taylor-Colo has never really been tested that much this season because we've never really played anyone good, last season the midfield were non-existent and so we ended up making loads of defensive errors.  We'd probably survive with Simpson-Kadar at CB against Forest in as long as Smith and Nolan are on top form.

He did very well against Leicester to be fair, and they've got a f***ing massive centre forward.

who's also absolutely useless and spent the game tussling with Smith, not Simpson

It's Taylor who we'll miss most, Coloccini plays no better than most of the CBs in the league.  Plus I think we'll be fine as long as the midfield do their job,  Taylor-Colo has never really been tested that much this season because we've never really played anyone good, last season the midfield were non-existent and so we ended up making loads of defensive errors.  We'd probably survive with Simpson-Kadar at CB against Forest in as long as Smith and Nolan are on top form.

yeah we might, providing we score 4

When we played the best attacking team in the league (apparently!) in Cardiff, we sat back from 70 mins and they still didn't even come close to scoring really.  The strikers in this league are crap and, as I say, as long as the midfield are playing well, we'll easily beat most teams in this league, even with experienced back lines.

I know we did, Colo ain't all he's cracked up to be, he still looks shaky even that this level.  Cardiff missed two clear cut chances and still didn't score (fair enough on the pen though), this doesn't bode well for the league though when the supposedly best attacking team can't score with 70 mins of attack v defence.

For the pubs, i reckon we'll be going to them round the centre, then heading to a pub for away fans nearer the ground, assuming there is any. Probably just follow the Newcastle crowd when we get off th train.