Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Might be a good thing if it’s an old style supporters club like we had in the Haymarket years ago. If it’s arranging travel to away games, social events and trying to improve atmosphere id be all for it.

NUST doesn’t appeal to me one bit in it’s current guise.

16 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Might be a good thing if it’s an old style supporters club like we had in the Haymarket years ago. If it’s arranging travel to away games, social events and trying to improve atmosphere id be all for it.

NUST doesn’t appeal to me one bit in it’s current guise.

Not surprising comments considering he’s on with your mate Wraith.

The guy is a weapon man. He’s pictured on TV all the time because between him and Keith the beef they are the ones taking their tops off in the freezing rain.

He tries to profit on NUFC fans himself, heck he’s the one trying to sell riverboats for the Brentford match.

He’s another one in the line of TF friends.

32 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

about time the club started verifying supporters club at home and abroad, most other teams have a section of their website with so much info and ours is just... empty

see: https://www.mancity.com/supporters-clubs
our sorry attempt: https://www.nufc.co.uk/fans/

They are starting to do this as we speak. One of my mates is in the North America supporters club and they had a meeting with Sarah Medcalf last week.

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

They are starting to do this as we speak. One of my mates is in the North America supporters club and they had a meeting with Sarah Medcalf last week.

Yeah I was in on that meeting, was interesting but not much promised. Things moving in the right direction though.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, like I’ve said before we need a completely new website and digital infrastructure. Sure we’ll get started on it soon. 

Hopefully will include physical things like electronic tickets. 

E-Tickets are proving a positive move on Wearside.

3 hours ago, Sima said:

E-Tickets are proving a positive move on Wearside.

I sometimes go along to watch Carlisle when NUFC aren't playing and even they do E-Tickets. Buy your ticket online and your phone is scanned at the turnstile. Piece of piss. They also still offer a traditional paper ticket option. Surely we must be one of the last PL clubs to do give an E-Ticket option.

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

I sometimes go along to watch Carlisle when NUFC aren't playing and even they do E-Tickets. Buy your ticket online and your phone is scanned at the turnstile. Piece of piss. They also still offer a traditional paper ticket option. Surely we must be one of the last PL clubs to do give an E-Ticket option.

They do e-tickets (scanned PDF on phone) in some of the corporate areas but no doubt it's one of many areas of the club that needs an upgrade after many years of neglect.

We had print at home for a while, I used to take a screenshot and put my phone in the scanner instead of printing it. But they stopped allowing print at home a while back. 

All of this stuff is pretty long and expensive so I guess will take a while. Might even be done after stadium expansion I guess. 

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Did you consider opening this up to all fans? I know you represent the members, but all Newcastle fans are stakeholders in this kind of debate. 

Not wanting to speak for @Greg but if someone doesn’t think the trust is worth joining, not sure why they would want to take part in a trust survey?

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Because it might influence what the club do with regards to ticketing? 

Via the trust.

I know people have issues with certain members of the trust being all about self-interest, but you can hardly expect them to not take a position where they’re saying ‘if you want a voice, join the trust’.

It’s like expecting a Union to ballot an entire workforce about strike action, rather than just their members.

I'm not having a go at the trust, they are just in an unusual situation because every Newcastle fan has a vested interest in what they're doing. Might also encourage people to join the trust if they are involved and see a clear example of the benefits. 

For example, the trust could send out the survey and the club could email it to their list too. Hopefully trust members are representative of the wider fan base and it won't be a major issue, but I still think it would be a positive move. 

Considering people 'members' who gave £1 on a vague promise about Mike Ashley is also a bit of a stretch of the term (again though, I'm not criticising them, just asking).