Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Curry has grown on me the last two years or so. Aye he's a bit rough around the edges but I think he generally means well and tbf when he sets out to do something he manages to do it as well.

Wish him well with it and hope the fanbase is kinder with him than he has been with NUST in the past. 

Okay, let’s break this down a bit.

The bloke is creating what he says is an official supporters group.

To be official it would need the support by both the FSA and NUFC, neither of which it has.

Why does he want to create a supporters group when one already exists?

He has so far not listed any specific thing that NUST have done wrong, or anything specific thing that his new supporters group would improve.

On social media he has been friendly and got the ‘support’ of Wraith and and one of the main people behind TF.

Like it or not but Wraith is a divisive figure between Newcastle fans. A lot of people believe he is some sort of ITK, and a lot of people think he is full of bull and an attention seeker.

One thing that can’t be denied of course is that he monetises everything. His YouTube videos are full of sponsor graphics, and he repeatedly peddles his NUFC MATTERS merchandise.

As soon as anyone involved in any sort of supporters group gets involved with Wraith, then ultimately people will suspect that they are either going out with the aim of monetising what they are doing, or Wraith will lead them that way.

As it happens on his questionnaire Daz actually has a couple of questions relating to subscription payments.

This means that he either has the initial outset of monetising this, or is realistic in the fact that it would take money to run such a group. If it is the latter, then that actually takes away 1 of the major complaints people have about NUST. Additionally it is worth noting that to be apart of the FSA, you are conditioned to be a not for profit organisation, indeed the FSA itself is a not for profit organisation.

I would like to point out that a no point in the survey is it asked about any specific point that he wants to address or concerns that he has about existing supporters groups.

He also does not at any point so far indicate how the supporters group will be structured. There is no indication of independent elections to be head of his group, or to stand on a board. So far it is not unreasonable to conclude that he considers himself to be the leader in an unelected capacity, at least initially.

Again pointing this out takes away another gripe people have about the NUST.

In regards to him, he has on social media been gatekeeping to fans by saying he doesn’t see them at away games so therefor they don’t go and therefor are not as loyal as he is. There is also the fact that he goes by a nickname that is now considered to be racist slur, even if it’s not used in such context. So he himself is up against problems because it would not be professional to be ahead of a supporters group with those concerns that will not sit right with a lot of fans.

By no means am I disputing that he is a loyal fan, or even a decent guy, but is he indicative of the fan base? Is he someone fans would want to represent them in official cap it goes with such characteristics?

There are plenty of fans out there who are good fans but would be no good in place at a supporters group.

I’ll say this. Heron from on here is a great guy who I’ve met a few times. He’s as loyal to the club as any fan. He went up for a board position but it wasn’t a good fit. The reason being is that he himself is good at fan lead stuff, maybe not so much the political/diplomatic stuff NUST requires. Hell the work he does with Wor flags, outstanding and this is where he (and others) shines.

As for Keith, be it you or not.

I’ve said before, him starting a court case against the Premier League and putting his own money in, fair fucking play. He gets the applauds for that, even from me.

The thing is though he let it get to him. All of a sudden he is having a go at other fans and asking if they put their money in and even if they said they would he brought out a figure saying he put that in. At that point his selfless act becomes tainted and become a ‘I’m a bigger/better fan than you’ gatekeeping and gaslighting statement/act.

It is pointed out how he got this attitude not long after starting his interactions with Wraith.

Personally, I don’t think his case played any part in the takeover and I don’t think it would have went anywhere, mostly because even though he is apparently a successful businessman, I doubt he would have the funds for lawyers to take on the Premier League. On top of this, and this is very important, in the Premier Leagues rules book, and by letter of the law, the Newcastle United supporters, which he was saying he was doing on behalf of, were entitled to fuck all. It’s harsh but it’s true, and that is one of the reasons why the club asked him to drop his case, because it would have been a side distraction that would have done them no favours and won nothing.

That is not to say that his attempts were not appreciated and good going, because it was.

Like Daz though, he doesn’t have the right to call himself a better fan than any other fan.

As for you. You became prominent on this message board around about the same time as Keith Patterson became prominent on Twitter, in the news, and with Wraith. You have been an ardent defender of both Keith, Wraith, and anyone associated with Wraith on here.

Being a Newcastle fan and with the name Whitley Mag it is is fairly reasonable to assume that you do or did live in Whitley Bay, and/or have other associations there. We have already established that a number of Keith Patterson’s businesses are registered to a residential address there. So therefor if you add those factors together, it is a fairly reasonable conclusion that you are Keith Patterson.

In all honesty it doesn’t matter, but you should really either accept those factors and the conclusions people come up with if indeed you aren’t him, or if you are him just admit it. Heck if you are, I’ll even message back and thank you for your initial efforts.

Edited by Stifler

13 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Okay, let’s break this down a bit.

The bloke is creating what he says is an official supporters group.

To be official it would need the support by both the FSA and NUFC, neither of which it has.

Why does he want to create a supporters group when one already exists?

He has so far not listed any specific thing that NUST have done wrong, or anything specific thing that his new supporters group would improve.

On social media he has been friendly and got the ‘support’ of Wraith and and one of the main people behind TF.

Like it or not but Wraith is a divisive figure between Newcastle fans. A lot of people believe he is some sort of ITK, and a lot of people think he is full of bull and an attention seeker.

One thing that can’t be denied of course is that he monetises everything. His YouTube videos are full of sponsor graphics, and he repeatedly peddles his NUFC MATTERS merchandise.

As soon as anyone involved in any sort of supporters group gets involved with Wraith, then ultimately people will suspect that they are either going out with the aim of monetising what they are doing, or Wraith will lead them that way.

As it happens on his questionnaire Daz actually has a couple of questions relating to subscription payments.

This means that he either has the initial outset of monetising this, or is realistic in the fact that it would take money to run such a group. If it is the latter, then that actually takes away 1 of the major complaints people have about NUST. Additionally it is worth noting that to be apart of the FSA, you are conditioned to be a not for profit organisation, indeed the FSA itself is a not for profit organisation.

I would like to point out that a no point in the survey is it asked about any specific point that he wants to address or concerns that he has about existing supporters groups.

He also does not at any point so far indicate how the supporters group will be structured. There is no indication of independent elections to be ahead of his group, or to stand on a board. So far it is not unreasonable to conclude that he considers himself to be the leader in an unelected capacity, at least initially.

Again pointing this out takes away another gripe people have about the NUST.

In regards to him, he has on social media been gatekeeping to fans by saying he doesn’t see them at away games so therefor they don’t go and therefor are not as loyal as he is. There is also the fact that he goes by a nickname that is now considered to be racist slur, even if it’s not used in such context. So he himself is up against problems because it would not be professional to be ahead of a supporters group with those concerns that will not sit right with a lot of fans.

By no means am I disputing that he is a loyal fan, or even a decent guy, but is he indicative of the fan base? Is he someone fans would want to represent them in official cap it goes with such characteristics?

There are plenty of fans out there who are good fans but would be no good in place at a supporters group.

I’ll say this. Heron from on here is a great guy who I’ve met a few times. He’s as loyal to the club as any fan. He went up for a board position but it wasn’t a good fit. The reason being is that he himself is good at fan lead stuff, maybe not so much the political/diplomatic stuff NUST requires. Hell the work he does with Wor flags, outstanding and this is where he (and others) shines.

As for Keith, be it you or not.

I’ve said before, him starting a court case against the Premier League and putting his own money in, fair fucking play. He gets the applauds for that, even from me.

The thing is though he let it get to him. All of a sudden he is having a go at other fans and asking if they put their money in and even if they said they would he brought out a figure saying he put that in. At that point his selfless act becomes tainted and become a ‘I’m a bigger/better fan than you’ gatekeeping and gaslighting statement/act.

It is pointed out how he got this attitude not long after starting his interactions with Wraith.

Personally, I don’t think his case played any part in the takeover and I don’t think it would have went anywhere, mostly because even though he is apparently a successful businessman, I doubt he would the funds for lawyers to take on the Premier League. On top of this, and this is very important, in the Premier Leagues rules book, and by letter of the law, the Newcastle United supporters, which he was saying he was doing on behalf of, were entitled to fuck all. It’s harsh but it’s true, and that is one of the reasons why the club asked him to drop his case, because it would have been a side distraction that would have done them no favours and won nothing.

That is not to say that his attempts were not appreciated and good going, because it was.

Like Daz though, he doesn’t have the right to call himself a better fan than any other fan.

As for you. You became prominent on this message board around about the same time as Keith Patterson became prominent on Twitter, in the news, and with Wraith. You have been an affair defender of both Keith, Wraith, and anyone associated with Wraith on here.

Being a Newcastle fan and with the name Whitley Mag it is is fairly reasonable to assume that you do or did live in Whitley Bay, and/or have other associations there. We have already established that a number of Keith Patterson’s businesses are registered to a residential address there. So therefor if you add those factors together, it is a fairly reasonable conclusion that you are Keith Patterson.

In all honesty it doesn’t matter, but you should really wither accept those factors and the conclusions people come up with if it indeed you aren’t him, or if you are him just admit it, heck if you are, I’ll even message back and thank you for your initial efforts.

Who is we ? Are there many fans really interested in where Keith lives and registers his businesses ?

The more you write the more I fear for your sanity.

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Who is we ? Are there many fans really interested in where Keith lives and registers his businesses ?

The more you write the more I fear for your sanity.

Nah mate, there is a WhatsApp group with some N-O members on where it was discussed a while ago about you being Keith Patterson and the Companies House thing was used then, which is how I came across it.

So We = Members of that WhatsApp group.

Have to say it's a bit poor form that Stifler regularly brings up these private groups who talk about other members whenever he gets in an argument with them. 

Did the same to Neesy saying loads of people were sick of him and how he was ruining the forum for them before he left. It's like being back in school ffs [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Have to say it's a bit poor form that Stifler regularly brings up these private groups who talk about other members whenever he gets in an argument with them. 

Did the same to Neesy saying loads of people were sick of him and how he was ruining the forum for them before he left. It's like being back in school ffs [emoji38]

Point taken.

Not really private groups though, just a bunch of mates really.

On 16/03/2023 at 01:44, Jack27 said:

Hahaha

I grew up in a council house and my folks barely had a pot to piss in.  Didn’t manage to go to jail yet mind - if you don’t go to jail does that make you middle class?

Curry is a massive weapon.  But so are the tf lot.  The Alien vs Predator tagline (whoever wins … we lose) is applicable here for me.

Also noted that offering other Newcastle fans outside on the internet is not the sole preserve of the baldy plane and boat organiser.  

49 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Nah mate, there is a WhatsApp group with some N-O members on where it was discussed a while ago about you being Keith Patterson and the Companies House thing was used then, which is how I came across it.

So We = Members of that WhatsApp group.

Can’t believe there’s other members as simple as you then pal, but kind of flattered cheers.

Hopefully see you lurking down Queens Road in the near future.

Edited by Whitley mag

59 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

:pards:tastic.

2 hours ago, LeeB said:

This is going well :lol:

0501A303-3370-4FA1-8061-30EA7F334F59.jpeg

Swear that Kie lad also has evidence that that Darren Curry bloke had been looking up and stalking his Facebook profile as well which of course he is yet to respond to. Sounds like a right danger. Geet looker n'al.

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Swear that Kie lad also has evidence that that Darren Curry bloke had been looking up and stalking his Facebook profile as well which of course he is yet to respond to. Sounds like a right danger. Geet looker n'al.

Yep, that’s part of his repertoire.  He responded to a lad I know on Facebook with ‘I know your dad’ before stating his name and the pub he has as a local.  All used to to stop anyone questioning whether or not the Mackem plane thing was a good idea.  ‘Thumb heeded plane nonce’ remains my favourite description of the man.  I still love though that Martin of TF has plugged the cunt’s boat trips incessantly without realising what the bloke is - a tiresome thug and a ‘soopafan’.

12 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It was 'United by Cancer. Divided by leagues'. After everyone kicked off he did a Twitter poll and 'Cancer has no colours' won

LAP_NEC_130517nufc_06JPG.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

(Also which Keith are we talking about? Presumably not Keith that used to do the buses and got banned at the Hull match ??- now following non-league I believe)

Edited by Superior Acuña

1 hour ago, Superior Acuña said:

(Also which Keith are we talking about? Presumably not Keith that used to do the buses and got banned at the Hull match ??- now following non-league I believe)

You’re thinking of Keith Barrett - he’s alreet.  The other Keith is the one who did the CAT case thing.

Also, that banner - fuck me.  It genuinely looked like it was using cancer to take the piss, whether intended or not.  

2 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Keith Barrett has returned to attending matches which is great to see - lots of people will have find memories of toon travel trips in the 90s and early 2000s before the incident at Hull away that led him to get banned and then walk away. 

23 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Keith Barrett has returned to attending matches which is great to see - lots of people will have find memories of toon travel trips in the 90s and early 2000s before the incident at Hull away that led him to get banned and then walk away. 

I’m sure he just had rough ideas on the numbers.  When I used to ring him he’d ask how many?  ‘Six (or whatever) please Keith’.  Not once did I get a ‘it’s full mate’ response - and sometimes there’d be two coaches and you’d have a couple of seats each, as clearly it was just over one coachload.  The costs were split anyway - I never knew the cost until on the bus.  Great days - drinking and smoking and singing all the way there - take over a pub before the game - stop off somewhere on the way back to Newcastle, never made it home before midnight unless it was a local(ish) team. 

NB - by the early ‘00s it was a lot more than a couple of coaches of course - I can remember trips with six or seven coaches

Edited by TheBrownBottle

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep, that’s part of his repertoire.  He responded to a lad I know on Facebook with ‘I know your dad’ before stating his name and the pub he has as a local.  All used to to stop anyone questioning whether or not the Mackem plane thing was a good idea.  ‘Thumb heeded plane nonce’ remains my favourite description of the man.  I still love though that Martin of TF has plugged the cunt’s boat trips incessantly without realising what the bloke is - a tiresome thug and a ‘soopafan’.

Wraith did that to me once [emoji38]

Spoiler

Bald cunt

Edited by Dr.Spaceman