Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, Ace said:

Id rather that plane bellend and that’s saying something

Worst take ever for me that like[emoji38]

Having the trust is a good thing, it's a channel to voice concerns and improve fan experience.

The true faith pile in didn't look good like.

Just putting it out there anyone on here willing to stand I’m happy to vote for them. Bearing in mind one vote would’ve been enough to get you elected on to the board last time.

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I disagree with the need for any supporters Trust to get involved beyond giving supporters a voice when they're shafted (like the Leeds & Sheff Wed away games for example) but what is it that you think they do that gives them "to much say"?

They had influence regarding season tickets last year and influence on cup final tickets this year. 

2 hours ago, NE27 said:

Worst take ever for me that like[emoji38]

Having the trust is a good thing, it's a channel to voice concerns and improve fan experience.

The true faith pile in didn't look good like.

What the trust was, was a good thing but now it’s a way for the True Faith lot to seek attention.

It definitely shouldn’t be having a say on tickets when it’s a minority group 

Agree with @Ace, except for the take on Curry's lot @ NUSC. They're fake hardmen who think they run our away support. Weapons.

Trust are just an extension of True Faith now who think they run our support as a whole. Will ALWAYS protect their own interests over anything else.

And no, I won't be standing to be on the board. I spoke to an ex-board member relatively recently who basically just confirms what most people think. 

5 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Agree with @Ace, except for the take on Curry's lot @ NUSC. They're fake hardmen who think they run our away support. Weapons.

Trust are just an extension of True Faith now who think they run our support as a whole. Will ALWAYS protect their own interests over anything else.

And no, I won't be standing to be on the board. I spoke to an ex-board member relatively recently who basically just confirms what most people think. 

Just for the record fuck Curry’s lot to , It was more to show how low I thought of the trust now. 

10 minutes ago, Ace said:

They had influence regarding season tickets last year and influence on cup final tickets this year. 

That's exactly their remit, but they're not the ones pulling the trigger on any decisions, they're merely voicing the collective opinion of their members. Ultimately any issues around ticketing needs to be directed towards the club, surely?

Would you rather the fans had zero input to anything? Could be quite dangerous further down the line if they sack off any sort of consultation process.

I do agree with the comments about the True Faith club, however.

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

That’s not true. The club consulted them on the cup final for their opinion which any good club should do. However ultimately the club went ahead and did what it always intended to. Don’t recall them ever being consulted on STs.

The mistake the NUST made regarding the cup tickets was accepting the invite of consultation then not consulting its own members. This was due to the window of consultation being 24hrs approximately. In my view they should’ve kindly refused the offer if not enough time to consult its members or pulled their fingers out and emailed their members a quick survey and deadline to respond. They did neither which will of damaged their reputation further especially with people like yourself who are already sceptical.

The point however still remains that what you said is wrong. The club did what it wanted to on the cup tickets and (to my knowledge) didn’t consult anyone on STs and again made their own decisions.

19 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

That's exactly their remit, but they're not the ones pulling the trigger on any decisions, they're merely voicing the collective opinion of their members. Ultimately any issues around ticketing needs to be directed towards the club, surely?

Would you rather the fans had zero input to anything? Could be quite dangerous further down the line if they sack off any sort of consultation process.

I do agree with the comments about the True Faith club, however.

They are a groups who represent a small minority so I disagree. Their members aren’t the whole fanbase especially now. 

In theory it’s a good thing to have input but I’d rather have no input than the true faith lot sticking their oar personally 

21 minutes ago, LFEE said:

That’s not true. The club consulted them on the cup final for their opinion which any good club should do. However ultimately the club went ahead and did what it always intended to. Don’t recall them ever being consulted on STs.

The mistake the NUST made regarding the cup tickets was accepting the invite of consultation then not consulting its own members. This was due to the window of consultation being 24hrs approximately. In my view they should’ve kindly refused the offer if not enough time to consult its members or pulled their fingers out and emailed their members a quick survey and deadline to respond. They did neither which will of damaged their reputation further especially with people like yourself who are already sceptical.

The point however still remains that what you said is wrong. The club did what it wanted to on the cup tickets and (to my knowledge) didn’t consult anyone on STs and again made their own decisions.

They were definitely consulted on season tickets as a board member told me the craic the week before when nobody knew about it. Either they were a mint guesser or what they said was true. Priority for purchase history for none season ticket holders, was the way it was worded.

As you say with regards to not consulting the members doing that just makes you think that the True Faith lot are doing it for themselves. 

For me it will never have any trust until at least the current chairs and the previous chair are well away from it and are getting their media buzz elsewhere. 

32 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The club should have been told that the way they distributed tickets was unfair, which the trust were given the opportunity to do. 

6 minutes ago, Ace said:

They were definitely consulted on season tickets as a board member told me the craic the week before when nobody knew about it. Either they were a mint guesser or what they said was true. Priority for purchase history for none season ticket holders, was the way it was worded.

As you say with regards to not consulting the members doing that just makes you think that the True Faith lot are doing it for themselves. 

For me it will never have any trust until at least the current chairs and the previous chair are well away from it and are getting their media buzz elsewhere. 

I think anyone could’ve predicted they would’ve sold STs with some sort of prior history. Again they may of been consulted like you suggest and again if not put to a vote to it’s members they should’ve declined input.

However being consulted on both is a long way from having any actual influence. I stand by from what I know that the club ultimately did what it wanted to do. Same with the retention of the loyalty points being ignored when asked.

6 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

The club should have been told that the way they distributed tickets was unfair, which the trust were given the opportunity to do. 

Which tickets you talking about?

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Same with the retention of the loyalty points being ignored when asked

Were they actually asked?

The Trust made a big song and dance about LP retention in 2019 when they knew loads of people were going to pack it in on the basis of Benitez leaving, then just said absolutely fuck all about it.

If the club were asked fair enough, but in no way was that distributed to me who was one of the people who followed instructions (uploaded cancellation date, points etc). Would have been nice to know.

Edited by Chicken Dancer

Just now, Hovagod said:

The cup final tickets

Without going round in circles like many did in February I’ll repeat my opinion that I had then. The criteria the club came up with was by and large extremely fair and covered the full scope of the fan base.

Only issue I had personally with it was players etc getting 20+ tickets each (if true).

I’ll indulge you though. What was your issue with it?

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Without going round in circles like many did in February I’ll repeat my opinion that I had then. The criteria the club came up with was by and large extremely fair and covered the full scope of the fan base.

Only issue I had personally with it was players etc getting 20+ tickets each (if true).

I’ll indulge you though. What was your issue with it?

You don’t have to indulge me mate! I’m equally fine not talking about it. But I don’t view fairness as covering the full scope of the fanbase. I would have seen fairness as rewarding those who have paid to go to the most games. 

But whatever, the point is they were given a say in that they were allowed to say if it was bad idea to cut out some season ticket holders and they chose not to. Were you given that much of a say? I wasn’t 

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Were they actually asked?

The Trust made a big song and dance about LP retention in 2019 when they knew loads of people were going to pack it in on the basis of Benitez leaving, then just said absolutely fuck all about it.

If the club were asked fair enough, but in no way was that distributed to me who was one of the people who followed instructions (uploaded cancellation date, points etc). Would have been nice to know.

I asked one of the board at the last meeting on your behalf and the club said no chance. They admitted their communication on the issue had been poor though they thought they had responded directly. So if you didn’t already know now you do.

No harm in trying again further down the line mind as I note my friend who give up a few years ago attached to my friends and family still and his points record remains. The club would’ve swapped the points if instructed at the time to his friend who bought his ticket off him but they (my friends) made a hash of it and he ended up with a new membership number. The original is still on my F&F with the full history though.

4 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

You don’t have to indulge me mate! I’m equally fine not talking about it. But I don’t view fairness as covering the full scope of the fanbase. I would have seen fairness as rewarding those who have paid to go to the most games. 

But whatever, the point is they were given a say in that they were allowed to say if it was bad idea to cut out some season ticket holders and they chose not to. Were you given that much of a say? I wasn’t 

Their criteria did reward those who went to the most cup games.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

They admitted their communication on the issue had been poor though they thought they had responded directly.

:lol:  

Anyway - appreciate that. Thanks a lot. You've already communicated 100x better than NUST ever have with me.

Be extremely surprised if the way they presented it to the club was anything like the way they had it on their website, mind. But I suppose I should be grateful they asked...

Still maintain I'd have never cancelled my ticket, regardless who was manager if they never had that scheme. Obviously they could never guarantee it but the way they presented it was extremely luring to say the least.

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

:lol:  

Anyway - appreciate that. Thanks a lot. You've already communicated 100x better than NUST ever have with me.

Be extremely surprised if the way they presented it to the club was anything like the way they had it on their website, mind. But I suppose I should be grateful they asked...

Still maintain I'd have never cancelled my ticket, regardless who was manager if they never had that scheme. Obviously they could never guarantee it but the way they presented it was extremely luring to say the least.

Long shot but if you ever get the opportunity to buy a ST again maybe give them your old membership number and see what happens 🤷‍♂️but I doubt it will happen because…

…If it makes you feel any better I know for a fact there are those on the board and we’re recently on the board who give up their STs and the ones successful in getting one of the 1000 on sale their points had all gone. Just not sure if they asked the question about keeping their old membership number during the process.

Just now, LFEE said:

Long shot but if you ever get the opportunity to buy a ST again maybe give them your old membership number and see what happens 🤷‍♂️but I doubt it will happen because…

…If it makes you feel any better I know for a fact there are those on the board and we’re recently on the board who give up their STs and the ones successful in getting one of the 1000 on sale their points had all gone. Just not sure if they asked the question about keeping their old membership number during the process.

Oh I know they're gone now for sure, but I know of 4 (only 1 personally mind - 1 to say hello to) people who got them back. 1 by being clever, 1 by asking nicely, the lad I know got lucky in the 1000 last year and the points just reappeared :lol: (he is the jamiest bastard I know btw) and the other by being 'well-connected'.

To be fair I've always been pro-retention. It's never really sat right with me that years of travelling and likely 4/5 figure sums following NUFC away should be cancelled when you no longer have a Season Ticket. But that's a whole other debate.

So what's this Supporters Club that's popped up over night claiming to be some fancy dan official group or something. Feels like a cash grab.