Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

We know from SackPardew and AshleyOut that people will mock you, be cynical about what you're doing, and rightly want to know the far end of a fart.

You need to be pretty thick-skinned, transparent, democratic, and professional. You're representing the fanbase, even those who disagree with everything you're doing.

I can't think of anyone less suitable for this sort of thing than this bloke like. Just thinking back to the way he went on about the plane banner, he had 9 out of 10 people pleading with him not to do it but did it anyway, and now under barely any scrutiny he's implying or outright saying people aren't real fans and has seemingly just copied the Trust's terms.

How can you put your trust in someone who won't listen to a majority, makes judgement on who real fans are, and copy and pastes from another Trust's website?

Surely this is just a '70s style aggro boys club made up of the people he deems worthy of membership? 

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

We know from SackPardew and AshleyOut that people will mock you, be cynical about what you're doing, and rightly want to know the far end of a fart.

You need to be pretty thick-skinned, transparent, democratic, and professional. You're representing the fanbase, even those who disagree with everything you're doing.

I can't think of anyone less suitable for this sort of thing than this bloke like. Just thinking back to the way he went on about the plane banner, he had 9 out of 10 people pleading with him not to do it but did it anyway, and now under barely any scrutiny he's implying or outright saying people aren't real fans and has seemingly just copied the Trust's terms.

How can you put your trust in someone who won't listen to a majority, makes judgement on who real fans are, and copy and pastes from another Trust's website?

Surely this is just a '70s style aggro boys club made up of the people he deems worthy of membership? 

Some of it just looks like what the official NUFC travel club used to do (I never went with them after the late ‘90s - the ‘sarnie squad’ - not sure if it even still exists).  Pay a few quid for a membership then join Curry and pals on a drinking boat for Brentford away.  No issue there - you pays your money etc.

Him and his pals are right to be critical of NUST and its incestuous relationship to tf - but they’re hardly a suitable replacement. 

56 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Some of it just looks like what the official NUFC travel club used to do (I never went with them after the late ‘90s - the ‘sarnie squad’ - not sure if it even still exists).  Pay a few quid for a membership then join Curry and pals on a drinking boat for Brentford away.  No issue there - you pays your money etc.

Him and his pals are right to be critical of NUST and its incestuous relationship to tf - but they’re hardly a suitable replacement. 

I'm not close enough to any of it to have massively strong views on NUST, though can definitely understand people's issues with them that I've read on here.

Maybe this new club being set up is the best thing to happen to NUST. Might make them seem a bit more legit in some people's eyes. Like, it could be worse, look at this lot.

8 minutes ago, LeeB said:

I'm not close enough to any of it to have massively strong views on NUST, though can definitely understand people's issues with them that I've read on here.

Maybe this new club being set up is the best thing to happen to NUST. Might make them seem a bit more legit in some people's eyes. Like, it could be worse, look at this lot.

Yeah, I certainly have much more time for NUST than the other lot.  There’s clearly good people involved with NUST - but the tf brigade have completely hijacked it.  Shame, really. 

Without wanting to get into individuals involved, NUST and this new group are/should be totally separate types of groups. It shouldn’t be a case of supporting or picking one or the other.

If both are ran properly (yes, I know), there’s no reason for them not to happily co-exist.

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

If both are ran properly.

This seems to be the issue from what I have read on here. How do you get enough of the right people doing it for enough of the right reasons.

9 minutes ago, LeeB said:

This seems to be the issue from what I have read on here. How do you get enough of the right people doing it for enough of the right reasons.

Yes, ultimately that’s always the case with any ‘fan’ group. 

However, there really shouldn’t be any need to see these as two competing groups. I won’t hold my breath though.

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yes, ultimately that’s always the case with any ‘fan’ group. 

However, there really shouldn’t be any need to see these as two competing groups. I won’t hold my breath though.

Aye, or any position of power or influence :lol:

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, I certainly have much more time for NUST than the other lot.  There’s clearly good people involved with NUST - but the tf brigade have completely hijacked it.  Shame, really. 

Totally agree with this, seemed really positive a few years back and had cynics like myself taking note but it’s gone sour, the 2 currently in charge of it might as well walk round with flashing neon signs saying ‘give me attention’

Also annoys me they go on like they represent all fans and the club listens to them on tickets when they have a total membership of less than a 3rd of a home gate. 

3 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Is this the stupid cunt that did the cancer banner thing?

If so, can he please fuck off ta

I had no idea this actually happened. Fucking hell man.

10 hours ago, LeeB said:

I had no idea this actually happened. Fucking hell man.

Yep.  Him and his thick pals wanted to fly a banner over the SOS when they were relegated - because being as small-time as the Mackems is important.  So he would have been called out on that for starters - but it also happened to be what was likely to be young Bradley’s last game, so this also heightened the sense that it wasn’t just stupid but in seriously poor taste too.  After asking anyone who questioned his doing this on social media with the usual Curry questions (what do you do for a living?  Don’t I know your [name of family member]?  Would you like to meet me for a ‘drink’?) or his usual statements of being a non-fan (haven’t seen you at an away game), he changed the banner from being stupid and in poor taste to a one which was stupid and in poor taste which mentioned cancer.  The man is a fucking buffoon. 

10 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep.  Him and his thick pals wanted to fly a banner over the SOS when they were relegated - because being as small-time as the Mackems is important.  So he would have been called out on that for starters - but it also happened to be what was likely to be young Bradley’s last game, so this also heightened the sense that it wasn’t just stupid but in seriously poor taste too.  After asking anyone who questioned his doing this on social media with the usual Curry questions (what do you do for a living?  Don’t I know your [name of family member]?  Would you like to meet me for a ‘drink’?) or his usual statements of being a non-fan (haven’t seen you at an away game), he changed the banner from being stupid and in poor taste to a one which was stupid and in poor taste which mentioned cancer.  The man is a fucking buffoon. 

Spoke to a Sunderland pal about this. He's well known to them as a comedy figure.

3 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Is Newcastle United Supporters Club an evolution of this, or something new? 

Something new. Last couple of pages are an interesting read about them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Really the only bad thing the new owners have done is indulge this lot. 

Self Serving minority group who act like they are the voice of all fans and have way to much say. 

Fuck NUST and their attention loving true faith leaders.

Id rather that plane bellend and that’s saying something. 

5 hours ago, Ace said:

Really the only bad thing the new owners have done is indulge this lot. 

Self Serving minority group who act like they are the voice of all fans and have way to much say. 

Fuck NUST and their attention loving true faith leaders.

Id rather that plane bellend and that’s saying something. 

I disagree with the need for any supporters Trust to get involved beyond giving supporters a voice when they're shafted (like the Leeds & Sheff Wed away games for example) but what is it that you think they do that gives them "to much say"?