Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

18 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Their criteria did reward those who went to the most cup games.

Hardly fair on those within the full scope of the fanbase who didn’t attend the cup games 

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Long shot but if you ever get the opportunity to buy a ST again maybe give them your old membership number and see what happens 🤷‍♂️but I doubt it will happen because…

…If it makes you feel any better I know for a fact there are those on the board and we’re recently on the board who give up their STs and the ones successful in getting one of the 1000 on sale their points had all gone. Just not sure if they asked the question about keeping their old membership number during the process.

Out of interest, how many of those in the board who gave theirs up were successful getting one back? 

2 minutes ago, OCK said:

So what's this Supporters Club that's popped up over night claiming to be some fancy dan official group or something. Feels like a cash grab. 

I'm sure the intentions are genuine, but it's ran by people who constantly call out others on Twitter - telling them they know where they work, they don't see them at away-games, come meet for a chat etc.

Fake hard lards who also flew an ill-timed plane over the Stadium of Light; 'Divided by Leagues:United by Cancer'. Can't remember the exact timing but it was either when little Bradley Lowery had passed away or towards the end of his fight.

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I'm sure the intentions are genuine, but it's ran by people who constantly call out others on Twitter - telling them they know where they work, they don't see them at away-games, come meet for a chat etc.

Fake hard lards who also flew an ill-timed plane over the Stadium of Light; 'Divided by Leagues:United by Cancer'. Can't remember the exact timing but it was either when little Bradley Lowery had passed away or towards the end of his fight.

Cheers. I'll stay clear. 

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Oh I know they're gone now for sure, but I know of 4 (only 1 personally mind - 1 to say hello to) people who got them back. 1 by being clever, 1 by asking nicely, the lad I know got lucky in the 1000 last year and the points just reappeared :lol: (he is the jamiest bastard I know btw) and the other by being 'well-connected'.

To be fair I've always been pro-retention. It's never really sat right with me that years of travelling and likely 4/5 figure sums following NUFC away should be cancelled when you no longer have a Season Ticket. But that's a whole other debate.

Being nice can get you a long way in life 👍🏻 That and when it’s to someone sympathetic 🙂

Anyway like I said the question was apparently asked and it was a no and the fact I heard that from someone on the board in the same position as you and therefore as much to lose as you and indeed ended up like you I have no reason to disbelieve them.

Have the NUST made mistakes? Yes. Have they done them with bad or selfish intentions. No I don’t believe so. Ultimately the club makes every decision. The NUST can only pass on the wishes of it’s a majority but whether they are taken into account is another thing. It’s when the NUST give their opinion without consulting its members is where they leave themselves wide open to criticism alongside the large presence of one particular fan group. The latter issue I raised at the last meeting (my first) and the former issue I plan to raise at the next meeting if I’m able to attend.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Being nice can get you a long way in life 👍🏻 That and when it’s to someone sympathetic 🙂

Anyway like I said the question was apparently asked and it was a no and the fact I heard that from someone on the board in the same position as you and therefore as much to lose as you and indeed ended up like you I have no reason to disbelieve them.

Have the NUST made mistakes? Yes. Have they done them with bad or selfish intentions. No I don’t believe so. Ultimately the club makes every decision. The NUST can only pass on the wishes of it’s a majority but whether they are taken into account is another thing. It’s when the NUST give their opinion without consulting its members is where they leave themselves wide open to criticism alongside the large presence of one particular fan group. The latter issue I raised at the last meeting (my first) and the former issue I plan to raise at the next meeting if I’m able to attend.

Good on you for trying to make a difference, tbh. I think they scored an own-goal the day they allowed Alex Hurst to waltz back through the door, and now with Michael Martin on board it just looks like an extension of True Faith, which is most peoples main gripe imo.

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

It’s all complete bollocks like. These things are vanity projects. If a club is genuinely willing to listen to fans, you don’t need a middle man.

tend to agree. especially now we've got decent owners... not that the Trust did anything of note under the previous ownership.

hopefully we'll soon see the club polling official members on matters and bypass any self-serving wannabes.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not really :lol: I think there's enough there to understand what I'm saying. The club wanted all the podcasters at Wembley, put it that way.

Well that which I think you knew in your initial wording of your response isn’t entirely relative.

Just sticking to the criteria itself for those applying my response still stands.

What you are alluding to here is similar to what I said I didn’t agree with (players/staff tickets in large amounts).

However that’s up to the club and wouldn’t have been even mentioned to something like the NUST with regards to cup allocation. It would’ve of been the several sales periods only.

If you really want to go down that route you can get annoyed at how many journalists and media need access from the same outlets etc. That’s a separate issue also.

I dare say the club want to grow its fanbase and exposure etc so they take such decisions to invite certain YouTubers to big games. You can argue that as fair or not until the cows come home but it certainly has no place in this current debate with the NUST to be fair to them.

I think the amount of away tickets going to corporate members will be the next issue they try to tackle as many members seem to of raised it.

7 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Good on you for trying to make a difference, tbh. I think they scored an own-goal the day they allowed Alex Hurst to waltz back through the door, and now with Michael Martin on board it just looks like an extension of True Faith, which is most peoples main gripe imo.

I might be wrong but I believe Michael Martin joined the board and left it within months…

Would happily stand corrected mind but pretty sure I saw something on Twitter.

6 minutes ago, Big River said:

tend to agree. especially now we've got decent owners... not that the Trust did anything of note under the previous ownership.

hopefully we'll soon see the club polling official members on matters and bypass any self-serving wannabes.

They’re decent owners until they’re not. Did we sleep through the first twelve months of Ashley when he was the greatest thing ever?

There’s value in having an entity that can be in the room and involved in discussions on behalf of the fans, as well as representing supporters in other forums too like the media. I appreciate that in and of itself is a problem for a lot of our support, because we fight like rats in a sack over the most trivial bullshit.

I don’t care for the people currently involved in the Trust, but I believe in it as a concept which is why I’m a member. There’s a democratic process by which we can influence who is involved, which is a damn sight better than having Steve Wraith rocking up on SSN and speaking for us.

I’d gladly vote for anyone on here who wants to get involved. That’s basically as cast iron guarantee you’d be on the board given the turnout at the last election.

15 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Well that which I think you knew in your initial wording of your response isn’t entirely relative.

Just sticking to the criteria itself for those applying my response still stands.

What you are alluding to here is similar to what I said I didn’t agree with (players/staff tickets in large amounts).

However that’s up to the club and wouldn’t have been even mentioned to something like the NUST with regards to cup allocation. It would’ve of been the several sales periods only.

If you really want to go down that route you can get annoyed at how many journalists and media need access from the same outlets etc. That’s a separate issue also.

I dare say the club want to grow its fanbase and exposure etc so they take such decisions to invite certain YouTubers to big games. You can argue that as fair or not until the cows come home but it certainly has no place in this current debate with the NUST to be fair to them.

I think the amount of away tickets going to corporate members will be the next issue they try to tackle as many members seem to of raised it.

The merits of it are another matter (there aren't any imo) I'm just saying that the ticketing system wasn't entirely 'fair' as you put it and some outside of the ticketing criteria went to the final as fans because of their new found links with the club/owner, who wanted them there solely as fans. I.e entirely cronyism.

Edited by Kid Icarus

My issue with trust is it's always pointless subjects thst get raised.

I'd much rather it be focused om match atmosphere, promoting suppprters groups around the world, safe standing, ticket relocations etc.

I know we are trialing safe standing now but when it becomes below getting wifi in the ground or promoting a wank podcast it shows its way off mark.

Is it a good thing to have if represented well.

20 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The merits of it are another matter (there aren't any imo) I'm just saying that the ticketing system wasn't entirely 'fair' as you put it and some outside of the ticketing criteria went to the final as fans because of their new found links with the club/owner, who wanted them there solely as fans. I.e entirely cronyism.

In case my response wasn’t clear I wasn’t arguing against what you were saying. I was just trying to point out a clear difference and separate debate to be had with what the club has decided to do regards a small batch of “media/publicity” tickets compared to the vast majority set aside for applying fans that the NUST were asked to feed back on which we were debating today the fairness.

Who do you know out of interest in the YT/PC brigade who got tickets that didn’t fit any of the criteria set out? I’d imagine they all have STs with some cup purchases if that’s their hobby etc.

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

I think anyone could’ve predicted they would’ve sold STs with some sort of prior history. Again they may of been consulted like you suggest and again if not put to a vote to it’s members they should’ve declined input.

However being consulted on both is a long way from having any actual influence. I stand by from what I know that the club ultimately did what it wanted to do. Same with the retention of the loyalty points being ignored when asked.

They said to me they’d been asked by the club about it and that’s what they said. Like I said pretty accurate if made up and strange to say they’d been asked if they hadn’t.

From a cynics perspective they’ve seemed to listen.

For the cup final a mate of mine has had a season ticket for over 30 years but works late during the week so misses the majority of week games and he didn’t get a ticket yet you had people who’d been to one cup game getting them. 

@LFEEare you one of the true faith lot? If so what do you think of their takeover

Edited by Ace

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

In case my response wasn’t clear I wasn’t arguing against what you were saying. I was just trying to point out a clear difference and separate debate to be had with what the club has decided to do regards a small batch of “media/publicity” tickets compared to the vast majority set aside for applying fans that the NUST were asked to feed back on which we were debating today the fairness.

Who do you know out of interest in the YT/PC brigade who got tickets that didn’t fit any of the criteria set out? I’d imagine they all have STs with some cup purchases if that’s their hobby etc.

They weren't there doing the podcast, they were just there as a fan, so no difference really.

9 minutes ago, Ace said:

They said to me they’d been asked by the club about it and that’s what they said. Like I said pretty accurate if made up and strange to say they’d been asked if they hadn’t.

For the cup final a mate of mine has had a season ticket for over 30 years but works late during the week so misses the majority of week games and he didn’t get a ticket yet you had people who’d been to one cup game getting them. 

@LFEEare you one of the true faith lot? If so what do you think of their takeover

Yeah but they could’ve been asked by the club how far to go back and they may of suggested the summer Rafa departed and the club listened but decided to only go back as far as when they officially started their attempts to buy the club. Both sound similar proposals without the key details of the dates suggested. Regardless the outcome date range aside was always likely.

I do feel for you however if you’d been a friend of mine or had ever asked my opinion about Cup Final tickets on the off chance we actually made one I would’ve told you to purchase a ticket for at least one round to improve your chances as out ST numbers are greater than our final allocation numbers so they could never just base it on a ST. Even if you didn’t attend or sold it on you are talking £20 well spent. There would always have to be a sliding scale and that would start with the less glamorous early ties. First one was away and next few at home which the criteria covered at different stages. I say all this with using just basic common sense not hindsight.

No I’m not. Made it clear I’ve never bought it in my life. Read it once when I found a copy at a pub or airport (can’t recall which as many years ago before online was a thing probably). Only met Alex H once which was at last NUST meeting and after I spoke out against the make up of the NUST board and what signals it sends to others wanting to join I got the impression he’s not a fan of me 🙂

I do listen to their podcasts along with other NUFC podcasts. It’s ok. It passes the time when driving.

I’ll repeat anyone wanting to stand for the NUST you have my vote to help you. As otherwise they can’t be criticised if only ones volunteering constantly. 

51 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yeah but they could’ve been asked by the club how far to go back and they may of suggested the summer Rafa departed and the club listened but decided to only go back as far as when they officially started their attempts to buy the club. Both sound similar proposals without the key details of the dates suggested. Regardless the outcome date range aside was always likely.

I do feel for you however if you’d been a friend of mine or had ever asked my opinion about Cup Final tickets on the off chance we actually made one I would’ve told you to purchase a ticket for at least one round to improve your chances as out ST numbers are greater than our final allocation numbers so they could never just base it on a ST. Even if you didn’t attend or sold it on you are talking £20 well spent. There would always have to be a sliding scale and that would start with the less glamorous early ties. First one was away and next few at home which the criteria covered at different stages. I say all this with using just basic common sense not hindsight.

No I’m not. Made it clear I’ve never bought it in my life. Read it once when I found a copy at a pub or airport (can’t recall which as many years ago before online was a thing probably). Only met Alex H once which was at last NUST meeting and after I spoke out against the make up of the NUST board and what signals it sends to others wanting to join I got the impression he’s not a fan of me 🙂

I do listen to their podcasts along with other NUFC podcasts. It’s ok. It passes the time when driving.

I’ll repeat anyone wanting to stand for the NUST you have my vote to help you. As otherwise they can’t be criticised if only ones volunteering constantly. 

Fair points. I didn’t get a chance to get one as I went coke Turkey after Rafa went and used my dads ST account to buy tickets for 13 games after the takeover.

It wasn’t me it was my mate, as I said above I got rid of my season ticket so IMO I knew the risks. It was ridiculous for him as he didn’t buy tickets to give others the opportunity to get them when he couldn’t attend. He’s going to buy a ticket for every home game now whether he can go or not as a precedent has been set. 

Fair play if you are speaking against them, the problem of going against them they have the social media fans backing which would be hard to beat.

Doing something like that would be interesting but for me personally it’s the wrong time of life. I have a beautiful baby keeping me awake these days 😀

Id never win a popular vote anyway, I have my views and I’ll only change them off the back of new information not populism. Think that puts a lot off 

Personally find the podcasters and YouTubers to be lacking knowledge but each to their own. 

Edited by Ace

3 hours ago, Ace said:

I was in the same boat as your mate, and will also just be purchasing tickets for every round now, hopefully able to sell them on. 

2 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

I was in the same boat as your mate, and will also just be purchasing tickets for every round now, hopefully able to sell them on. 

I’m sure you will have plenty of takers on here.

3 hours ago, Ace said:

There was very, very few people ‘who’d been to one cup game’ that got a ticket for the final (through legitimate means) mind.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

There was very, very few people ‘who’d been to one cup game’ that got a ticket for the final (through legitimate means) mind.

I would argue it should have been zero while there were long term season ticket holder’s personally.