Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

21 minutes ago, Heron said:

They're right to try and liaise with the club (and subsequently the relevant organisations) to be fair like. Think we have to be reasonable about what we complain about 

Maybe they should, but there can't be any expectation on the club I don't think, nor should one be created. 

I'd far rather know what the plans are for the £200k charity donation or the rationale behind the board reappointment as was promised over two months ago. 

6 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Maybe they should, but there can't be any expectation on the club I don't think, nor should one be created. 

I'd far rather know what the plans are for the £200k charity donation or the rationale behind the board reappointment as was promised over two months ago. 

This is going to be a big problem with anything they do now, and fair enough. They've lost a lot of credibility with some fans. I can't take much of what they say or do seriously now considering they seemingly can't keep their house in order. 

5 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

The money will go to charity just as soon as they set up the charity that it's going to.

I said this a while ago in jest to access it, however since asking for the information which governs it to be released (which they have refused to do despite it being a requirement of their own rules which they are legally bound by) and it not being provided this is something I'd be concerned about, if it wasnt for the membership element. That being said I've set this all out to the FCA because you just cant ignore the rules or the membership... 

Guest neesy111

Fans shouldn't be reimbursed.  Like with anything that gets cancelled it's a risk, even more so nowadays. 

I've had 3 trips cancelled from gigs etc being cancelled. 

Edited by neesy111

Guest neesy111

Also I put my money into the scheme on the knowledge it would most likely to charity.  Anyone saying it should go to anything else is a fucking idiot.

Maybe it's because we've been taken over, maybe it's because of the shenanigans with Alex Hurst but I've literally forgotten all about the trust of recent.

Their performance throughout the Ashley era was pretty meek, and whilst not within their remit, I still felt let down a bit by their stance.

They have more use now I suppose with more approachable owners.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/12/2021 at 21:43, neesy111 said:

Also I put my money into the scheme on the knowledge it would most likely to charity.  Anyone saying it should go to anything else is a fucking idiot.

The only problem with this is I could set up a charity tomorrow (costs nothing - just need to do some paperwork and register it).

Another 5k in monthly pledge direct debits this week. Got to assume they are going ahead with the plan to buy a stake now in the absence of any other information or suggestions. 

Edited by Joey Linton