Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

26 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It is yeah, of all the things we could complain about, that isn’t one. I don’t really mind where the guy was raised 

Getting it changed is very much the sort of thing they'd put on their list of "achievements" it has to be said. :lol:

Guest Biggsbond14
9 hours ago, neesy111 said:

He was raised in Blyth.

He went to gosforth grammar so that’s the connection and worked at ronny gill offices in toon 

Guest Biggsbond14
9 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

I’m aware of where Knopfler is from - it’s not a fact I’m ignoring at all.

It would be as relevant as the team running out to the Pet Shop Boys or the Lighthouse Family.  :)

I’d prefer them running out to the Blaydon Races - which I understand was also written by a local …

From the replies you have received I think you should find your coat 

1 hour ago, Joey Linton said:

I see the pledge has gone through the £200k barrier in the last few days. 

I have so many questions about what this will actually manifest as. 

Say we get a percentage 1%-3%. Who sacrifices that? How does the voice of trust members actually crystalise? I see how much disagreement there is here. I can't imagine how much would crop up at a Trust meeting, and with the greatest respect, while all voices matter equally in this scenario, some will have more valuable contributions than others.

The whole point in asking for donations was to help to force the hand of Ashley and get a (very thin) slice of things when it happened. Very noble of them and not too much to be quarrelled with tbh. 

Then the Saudis come in and buy the club up in a fingersnap. New owners, new board, new vision and the 1% dream disappears instantly. About 3 days later Hurst decides he wants to take his place at the top of the board but the donations continue to be taken. There's several rabbits away with this lot, as a collective, unfortunately. The money generated is a huge question mark. The leadership, the aims, the money generated and direction of the trust need to be explained asap. I've known Greg a long time and I trust him personally but the whole thing has huge question marks hanging over it as an entity. 

Time for communication and honesty. 

24 minutes ago, Numbers said:

If the trust get 1% do they have to inject money every time other owners do, if so where does that come from?

These are the valid questions they completely forgot about when Alex thought of this pointless scheme to get his feet under the table.

The answer is yes, they would need to also continually invest, which is one of the many reasons why the whole thing is impossible.

29 minutes ago, midds said:

The whole point in asking for donations was to help to force the hand of Ashley and get a (very thin) slice of things when it happened. Very noble of them and not too much to be quarrelled with tbh. 

Then the Saudis come in and buy the club up in a fingersnap. New owners, new board, new vision and the 1% dream disappears instantly. About 3 days later Hurst decides he wants to take his place at the top of the board but the donations continue to be taken. There's several rabbits away with this lot, as a collective, unfortunately. The money generated is a huge question mark. The leadership, the aims, the money generated and direction of the trust need to be explained asap. I've known Greg a long time and I trust him personally but the whole thing has huge question marks hanging over it as an entity. 

They need to stop taking peoples money asap in my opinion, that and the fact they have failed to explain the plans for the money well into the new ownership isn't good.

Unless I'm missing something as I no longer get updates since cancelling there is a need for clarity.

Edited by Numbers

33 minutes ago, midds said:

First order has to be stopping further donations. 

I think the second step is to offer a refund to those that want it, and for those who don't give the money to a local charity/set up something as they alluded to when setting things up.

1 hour ago, midds said:

That time was a couple of months ago when it was promised, including on here. Any goodwill they had left is in the skip with the Sports Direct signs now. 

Edit: although donating the money to charity is such easy PR I'm amazed it's all still dragging out. 

Edited by Joey Linton

19 minutes ago, Thiago said:

First order has to be stopping further donations. 

I think the second step is to offer a refund to those that want it, and for those who don't give the money to a local charity/set up something as they alluded to when setting things up.

https://1892pledge.co.uk/faqs/

CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK?

We cannot return any money pledged to the Trust through the 1892 Pledge Scheme. All donations made are final and cannot be returned for any reason.

On 24/12/2021 at 21:36, ManDoon said:

It’s mind blowing that money hasn’t just been donated? What’s the hold up. 

My guess would be that by shining a light on their governance failures they figure they may be in a bit of trouble. I asked for all the rules around the pledge and how it’s governed and they haven’t provided it (despite being required to give it to any member). 
That’s not to say that they shouldn’t have ceased payments and communicated the status and plans. There was a WhatsApp message a while ago (early Nov I think) to pledge advocates with what I read as a huge inference that they’re working with the club (they say something like the people we need to) to decide what to do with it… again not another good look. 

I think they set it up not having a single clue on how to run a 'trust' by the standards that are legally required from a trust. Any significant legal pressure will expose them and their incapacity.

There's an expectation when something is named a trust and they are falling way, way short of that.

10 minutes ago, Sima said:

I think they set it up not having a single clue on how to run a 'trust' by the standards that are legally required from a trust. Any significant legal pressure will expose them and their incapacity.

There's an expectation when something is named a trust and they are falling way, way short of that.

Why not just be honest, admit that and ask for help? Plenty of folk would be willing to support the running of it in various ways.

But they don’t do that, because it’s a closed shop with Alex stood at the door. It’s deceitful. 

I’ve offered advice numerous times and been ignored, as have many others.

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Why not just be honest, admit that and ask for help? Plenty of folk would be willing to support the running of it in various ways.

But they don’t do that, because it’s a closed shop with Alex stood at the door. It’s deceitful. 

I’ve offered advice numerous times and been ignored, as have many others.

Blind arrogance instead of admitting your own incapability and showing any weakness (even if completely valid) is the Tory way.

On 23/12/2021 at 12:16, TheGuv said:

I was watching the Alan Hull documentary on BBC Iplayer last night - presented by Sam Fender.

There's a great part in it, where the lads are interviewed in 71? about their new release 'Fog on the Tyne' - saying they'd love it to be as well known to Geordies as the Blaydon Races, and perhaps the 20th century version that all Geordies know.

I do like Local Hero, but I do agree that there could be better things to run out to imo.

Shame Busker ripped them off with coming home Newcastle, the simpleton’s choice.