Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

On 05/05/2023 at 12:02, Wallsendmag said:

Just been talking about ticketing in general with a mate this morning after he was given queue number 27,000 odd for Leicester today. Surely the sensible thing to do now is to take membership privileges away from season ticket holders (ie allowing to buy extra home tickets) and reduce their season ticket price by the £30 or £35 the extra membership fee costs that's been added to it.

They already have their seat. They don't need another one and members should be in front of them in the queue for home tickets.

Been arguing this forever, basically.

22 hours ago, GeordieYorkie said:

Does anyone have any thoughts/ predictions on what the club might do with the memberships for next season? 

Do we think more on sale? Or maybe a tiered membership system?

Probably a general sale again.

Hopefully they’ll have a renewal period first but doubt it.

22 hours ago, GeordieYorkie said:

Does anyone have any thoughts/ predictions on what the club might do with the memberships for next season? 

Do we think more on sale? Or maybe a tiered membership system?

Doubt they will increase it. They need as much flexibility as possible to reconfigure ground in the summer. 

22 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Been arguing this forever, basically.

And you will continue to unfortunately as it makes no sense or difference as per earlier posts.

Only way forward to keep people happy in future is a bigger ground unfortunately.

21 hours ago, LFEE said:

Doubt they will increase it. They need as much flexibility as possible to reconfigure ground in the summer. 

And you will continue to unfortunately as it makes no sense or difference as per earlier posts.

Only way forward to keep people happy in future is a bigger ground unfortunately.

Aye, whatever, CBA :thup:

On 06/05/2023 at 22:08, Wallsendmag said:

There should be a set amount of tickets set aside for public sale for every single match in my opinion. Make the game as inclusive as possible. When I say a set amount I'm talking under 5% of the overall allocation but tickets should be available to all. I know supporters who couldn't even buy a membership because they were all sold out. At present there are non members getting tickets for home and away games ahead of members, courtesy of ST holders getting tickets for them so it's not like it's not already happening.

As I say, your season ticket guarantees 19 home games and nothing else. They also get it at a cheaper cost per game than supporters who are members or public sale.

There is a rule about this in the Premier League that you have to have so many available for general sale. I also believe the cup completions have their own rules regarding this. We could easily sell out without a general sale.

I agree with regards to season ticket holders should not be allowed to jump the queue, or enter along with members for home league games. For cup games, yeah they should be allowed to buy their own seat only.

Me and my brother have a season ticket each. I never use the membership bit and he does. If they change it I save £30 and he pays the £30 and does exactly the same. Doesn’t help anyone else getting in.

40 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Me and my brother have a season ticket each. I never use the membership bit and he does. If they change it I save £30 and he pays the £30 and does exactly the same. Doesn’t help anyone else getting in.

Exactly 👍🏻

Also which business would tell their most regular customers “you can’t be a member” 🙂

Edited by LFEE

End of the day Club can change whatever and the only problem it solves is a few different people will get in more regular than others possibly leaving others miss out more regularly. Ultimately the problem isn’t solved or improved.

Just need a bigger ground and knowing the mindset of the Saudi’s if it’s a new one it will be the biggest and best. That however would be years away and anything can happen from now till then.

Meanwhile it will be a case of increasing current capacity as easily and as quickly as possible along with a huge fan park on Strawberry Place to involve those wanting to go who miss out game to game to feel part of it possibly. Issue being the sound delay.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

One who has loads more demand than it can satisfy? 

So if you were running a business you’d piss off your longest customers to cause division and make no extra money? 🙂

16 hours ago, LFEE said:

So if you were running a business you’d piss off your longest customers to cause division and make no extra money? 🙂

I just don’t think there’s any reason to be pissed off. ST holders are already incredibly lucky. 

Aye, thought there was some perk to being a member. It's probably why they restrict them.

Restricting them creates a FOMO mentality which means they sell out and drive revenue quickly and they also earn extra money in booking fees from non-members.

22 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I just don’t think there’s any reason to be pissed off. ST holders are already incredibly lucky. 

Not answering my question at all 🙂

The fact you don’t think it would is maybe why are struggling with the argument? They’ve not been lucky for the last 15+ years 🙂With that thinking then you’d say members are incredibly lucky and over that time period even luckier. 

Maybe a stupid question and better suited to another thread, but have we heard if there'll be a waiting list introduced for ourselves? Can't see interest dwindling any time soon so is it fair to assume it's coming at some point?

The club had waiting lists before, didn't they? Did they disappear naturally through lack of demand or was it an active decision to ditch one day? 

22 minutes ago, wormy said:

Maybe a stupid question and better suited to another thread, but have we heard if there'll be a waiting list introduced for ourselves? Can't see interest dwindling any time soon so is it fair to assume it's coming at some point?

The club had waiting lists before, didn't they? Did they disappear naturally through lack of demand or was it an active decision to ditch one day? 

Very much doubt there’ll be any form of waiting list until any expansion is confirmed.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Would hope we never go down that route. I can understand why, but if we extend by say 10k, I'd like to think at least 8k would be made available for Season Tickets.

I appreciate it allows more people to get to games per season, but I'll be fucking devastated if you see people in the Gallowgate all with their phones out as Isak scores an 85th minute winner like you see at Old Trafford and the likes. Less ST also opens the door to touts.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

I remember some Liverpool attendances being way down on capacity when Hodgson was there.  Just fans having STs and not going?

They only had 25k season ticket holders back then, although they were capped at that number out of a 44k capacity. They had a few 35k crowds under Roy Hodgson for unattractive midweek games when they were in mid table.