Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

I would argue it should have been zero while there were long term season ticket holder’s personally. 

Yeah, I don’t think many would argue against that principle, but in the grand scheme of things to argue about in terms of how the tickets were allocated, it’s probably fairly low down the priority list.

20 hours ago, Hovagod said:

The club should have been told that the way they distributed tickets was unfair, which the trust were given the opportunity to do. 

How was it unfair though? Of the people I go to the match with more of thought it was fair than unfair.

26 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

How was it unfair though? Of the people I go to the match with more of thought it was fair than unfair.

Season ticket holders with two cup games were placed into a ballot with members who had attended one cup game. It was quite obviously unfair. There should not have been a ballot unless needed. The club seemed to tacitly accept this when offering returns to only those people in pot four. 

Edited by Hovagod

5 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Season ticket holders with two cup games were placed into a ballot with members who had attended one cup game. It was quite obviously unfair. There should not have been a ballot unless needed. The club seemed to tacitly accept this when offering returns to only those people in pot four. 

I’m not sure that was same ballot mind?

12 hours ago, Ace said:

I would argue it should have been zero while there were long term season ticket holder’s personally. 

But the ones with the cup tickets that got selected in the ballot probably were long term season ticket holders also.

7 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Don't think it was the same ballet but even if it was why should a season ticket holder who maybe jumped in the bandwagon 2 or 3 years ago be placed higher up than a former season ticket holder of 30+ years who wrapped it in when Bruce was appointed and is now a member?

The reason I ask is that I know of people in both camps.

As far as I'm aware all a season ticket guarantees is your seat at SJP for 19 League games and as a perk they usually allow you to purchase your own seat for Cup games unless you sit in Level 7. Nothing else.

24 minutes ago, SteV said:

I’m not sure that was same ballot mind?

It was. Don’t people remember? We had this all at the time. There was one single ballot for everybody who wasn’t in the first three pots. The timings of people finding out when they had tickets proves it. 

20 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Don't think it was the same ballet but even if it was why should a season ticket holder who maybe jumped in the bandwagon 2 or 3 years ago be placed higher up than a former season ticket holder of 30+ years who wrapped it in when Bruce was appointed and is now a member?

The reason I ask is that I know of people in both camps.

As far as I'm aware all a season ticket guarantees is your seat at SJP for 19 League games and as a perk they usually allow you to purchase your own seat for Cup games unless you sit in Level 7. Nothing else.

Oh yes, the Steve Bruce gloryhunters 

9 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

It was. Don’t people remember? We had this all at the time. There was one single ballot for everybody who wasn’t in the first three pots. The timings of people finding out when they had tickets proves it. 

I’m not sure that was ever confirmed? People just made assumptions to suit whichever point they were arguing. 

Regardless, I’m sure it was done to death on here at the time, so let’s not start it off again.

Of all the deathly boring stuff that gets repeatedly debated on here the cup final ticket allocation is the most tedious by quite some distance.

Change the fucking record lads.

22 minutes ago, christ said:

Of all the deathly boring stuff that gets repeatedly debated on here the cup final ticket allocation is the most tedious by quite some distance.

Change the fucking record lads.

There's not much on-field to argue about though. There has to be something. :lol:

Edited by wormy

Yep I did fear this would reignite the argument when it was brought up yesterday 😂

Im going to leave at this…

Cup final allocation was always going to be less than ST numbers so you could never have the criteria be just ST holders as some would miss out and it’s a case of working out who fairly. So you add criteria incorporating the games involved in the specific competition which by and large requires a ST for a long time (away points) and work downwards to home cup attendance which ALL ST holders had the chance to purchase. Which the club did. If all STs had of bought cup round tickets they would’ve had to change the later criteria from what it was but they didn’t have to. Moral of the story. Buy at least one cup ticket. The End 🙂

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

Oh yes, the Steve Bruce gloryhunters 

Or in many cases those who just fancied a day out and sat there in silence, contributing nowt atmosphere wise and not all that arsed win, lose or draw. Most of us will know the type.

Just been talking about ticketing in general with a mate this morning after he was given queue number 27,000 odd for Leicester today. Surely the sensible thing to do now is to take membership privileges away from season ticket holders (ie allowing to buy extra home tickets) and reduce their season ticket price by the £30 or £35 the extra membership fee costs that's been added to it.

They already have their seat. They don't need another one and members should be in front of them in the queue for home tickets.

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

Just been talking about ticketing in general with a mate this morning after he was given queue number 27,000 odd for Leicester today. Surely the sensible thing to do now is to take membership privileges away from season ticket holders (ie allowing to buy extra home tickets) and reduce their season ticket price by the £30 or £35 the extra membership fee costs that's been added to it.

They already have their seat. They don't need another one and members should be in front of them in the queue for home tickets.

Agree with this 

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

I think most would agree that seems fair enough. Or at the very least make it optional (paying the extra for member privileges) rather than mandatory.

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

I think most would agree that seems fair enough. Or at the very least make it optional (paying the extra for member privileges) rather than mandatory.

Definitely something the NUST should be taking up with the club I think. Tbf even the season ticket holders I know agree with this.

If you follow it through you would just have them buying additional memberships so would make no difference.

Also the good thing with them being attached to STs there is a certain amount of jeopardy if found abusing the system with loss of ST. If you buy a membership only and you buy tickets to scalp on fake identities or if genuine ones and you are caught the most you’d lose out is £25-30 membership which you could reapply for possibly the following year. Attaching them to STs you are at least 99% of the time getting someone genuine going who also follows NUFC not the opposing team. Also for people like myself it gives me a chance to get a ticket for a friend so I’m not going to the match on my own.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

If you follow it through you would just have them buying additional memberships so would make no difference.

Also the good thing with them being attached to STs there is a certain amount of jeopardy if found abusing the system with loss of ST. If you buy a membership only and you buy tickets to scalp on fake identities or if genuine ones and you are caught the most you’d lose out is £25-30 membership which you could reapply for possibly the following year. Attaching them to STs you are at least 99% of the time getting someone genuine going who also follows NUFC not the opposing team. Also for people like myself it gives me a chance to get a ticket for a friend so I’m not going to the match on my own.

Take your point, but there’s no way the majority of ST holders choose to pay the extra membership fee if you make it optional. 

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

But the ones with the cup tickets that got selected in the ballot probably were long term season ticket holders also.

The point is there were a few who got tickets through the ballot who werent members and had been to league cup games.

The prioritisation in order of ST holders wasnt the big issue for me. Members shouldn’t have priority over ST holders never mind non members 

38 minutes ago, Ace said:

The point is there were a few who got tickets through the ballot who werent members and had been to league cup games.

The prioritisation in order of ST holders wasnt the big issue for me. Members shouldn’t have priority over ST holders never mind non members 

Period 7 which I’m not sure they even reached and if so a minute fraction. Again they could’ve been previous ST holders who held a  ST longer than those who had one currently.

Also like match day tickets possibly law that a tiny % has to go on general sale.

The fact we sold out every round would suggest these people would’ve had to be lucky to of got one in the general sale queue out of the 4 home games then have the luck to be picked in a massive queue for a final ticket. Literally a winning lottery ticket!

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Yeah, completely agree. Although not sure how much difference it would make due to not knowing how many ST holders actually use this privilege.

55 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Period 7 which I’m not sure they even reached and if so a minute fraction. Again they could’ve been previous ST holders who held a  ST longer than those who had one currently.

Also like match day tickets possibly law that a tiny % has to go on general sale.

The fact we sold out every round would suggest these people would’ve had to be lucky to of got one in the general sale queue out of the 4 home games then have the luck to be picked in a massive queue for a final ticket. Literally a winning lottery ticket!

Are we still allowed to talk about this?

I was in pot four. Once the draw had been done, people in pot six were talking about getting a ticket. So unless they had a separate draw for those in pot seven, everybody was put into the same draw. While it’s true that few would have actually got one, there was no advantage to being in pot four instead of seven. 

I don’t think I especially deserved a ticket more than anybody else with a season ticket  who got one. I was only at the two cup game I was physically able to get to- Tranmere away and Palace at home- and I’m sure people had worse luck than me. But it’s hard to get rid of the bad taste in the mouth when you hear from friends at Wembley who were told to sit down and shut up and see people on here who constantly talk like season ticket holders (excluding those like those in the trust you mentioned earlier who had their own winning lottery ticket  in the 2022 scramble) are some sort of Ashley quislings.

I agree with whoever said this is a boring topic, and have no interest in arguing, but it’s clear from Twitter and this place on the day that there was a single draw for everybody in the ballot (period seven included) and I think that needs to be sorted next time. Just make it a straightforward loyalty process, as with away games.

Edited by Hovagod

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I assumed there were fewer and fewer tickets for each pot? What's the point in pots at all if everyone was in the same ballot?

Almost certain this was not the case- people in period six were talking about getting one about half an hour before my mate in period four heard about his.

If only we had some way of asking the club!

Although, even then, separate draws wouldn’t make a huge deal of difference. It would mean that those in pot four had tickets deliberately withheld from them, which is basically the main crux of the point anyway. 

Edited by Hovagod