Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

54 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Are we still allowed to talk about this?

I was in pot four. Once the draw had been done, people in pot six were talking about getting a ticket. So unless they had a separate draw for those in pot seven, everybody was put into the same draw. While it’s true that few would have actually got one, there was no advantage to being in pot four instead of seven. 

I don’t think I especially deserved a ticket more than anybody else with a season ticket  who got one. I was only at the two cup game I was physically able to get to- Tranmere away and Palace at home- and I’m sure people had worse luck than me. But it’s hard to get rid of the bad taste in the mouth when you hear from friends at Wembley who were told to sit down and shut up and see people on here who constantly talk like season ticket holders (excluding those like those in the trust you mentioned earlier who had their own winning lottery ticket  in the 2022 scramble) are some sort of Ashley quislings.

I agree with whoever said this is a boring topic, and have no interest in arguing, but it’s clear from Twitter and this place on the day that there was a single draw for everybody in the ballot (period seven included) and I think that needs to be sorted next time. Just make it a straightforward loyalty process, as with away games.

Of course you can if you wish but it’s sounds like even you know it’s futile as do I 🙂

It was a straightforward loyalty process. All based on Cup attendance loyalty which you would expect for reasons I’ve explained many times that there were less tickets than ST holders. The later periods were subject to availability as club could only do rough maths the take up for the initial pots. It might have been the case there were none available. There was quite a few people who didn’t bother as couldn’t attend or justify without their kids going etc. I know someone who has had a ST for over 20 years (3 of them from same family) and went to all the home cup games and one of them didn’t apply for a final ticket! 🙂  It’s all these types of people who provided the small few tickets for the last few periods. 

Just be careful not to believe everything off Twitter as there were many conflicting messages with some clearly on the wind up.

PS It was an awful game. Atmosphere was flat where I was in safe standing. So those that missed out trust me you missed nothing. Was my least favourite away this season and that had absolutely nothing to do with the disappointment.

8 hours ago, LFEE said:

If you follow it through you would just have them buying additional memberships so would make no difference.

Also the good thing with them being attached to STs there is a certain amount of jeopardy if found abusing the system with loss of ST. If you buy a membership only and you buy tickets to scalp on fake identities or if genuine ones and you are caught the most you’d lose out is £25-30 membership which you could reapply for possibly the following year. Attaching them to STs you are at least 99% of the time getting someone genuine going who also follows NUFC not the opposing team. Also for people like myself it gives me a chance to get a ticket for a friend so I’m not going to the match on my own.

Is there any jeopardy? Season ticket holders often but tickets for others and nothing is done. 

14 hours ago, LFEE said:

Period 7 which I’m not sure they even reached and if so a minute fraction. Again they could’ve been previous ST holders who held a  ST longer than those who had one currently.

Also like match day tickets possibly law that a tiny % has to go on general sale.

The fact we sold out every round would suggest these people would’ve had to be lucky to of got one in the general sale queue out of the 4 home games then have the luck to be picked in a massive queue for a final ticket. Literally a winning lottery ticket!

Even if it was like winning a raffle for me they shouldn’t have had a ticket. If there’s 10 of them that’s 10 more ST holders who could have went 

18 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Just been talking about ticketing in general with a mate this morning after he was given queue number 27,000 odd for Leicester today. Surely the sensible thing to do now is to take membership privileges away from season ticket holders (ie allowing to buy extra home tickets) and reduce their season ticket price by the £30 or £35 the extra membership fee costs that's been added to it.

They already have their seat. They don't need another one and members should be in front of them in the queue for home tickets.

Would cause me problems, my bairn has a junior magpie membership so i can get her a ticket to a few home games, when I take her I need to buy 2 together elsewhere in the ground as the ones near me are all st holders.  If they took away my option to buy an extra ticket I wouldn't be able to take her ever as it doesn't allow me to buy a 10 year old a ticket by herself rendering her membership pointless. 

I get the argument but for purely selfish reasons I'd be against it, I'm sure there'll be others who have kids on junior memberships and would be in the same boat. 

10 hours ago, Ace said:

Even if it was like winning a raffle for me they shouldn’t have had a ticket. If there’s 10 of them that’s 10 more ST holders who could have went 

What loads of season ticket holders keep forgetting is that all their ticket guarantees them is 19 home league games. Anything on top of that is an added bonus.

10 hours ago, Ace said:

But you don’t seem to be getting it. How could the criteria be STs only? 

There was less final tickets than ST holders.

5 hours ago, LFEE said:

But you don’t seem to be getting it. How could the criteria be STs only? 

There was less final tickets than ST holders.

If there’s 25000 tickets and we have 30000 season ticket holders they should go to all that want them and any left should go to members. If ST holders miss out it should only be to other ST holders.

It’s not that complicated is it? 

5 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

What loads of season ticket holders keep forgetting is that all their ticket guarantees them is 19 home league games. Anything on top of that is an added bonus.

So you think people who aren’t even members should get in ahead of them? 

1 hour ago, Ace said:

So you think people who aren’t even members should get in ahead of them? 

There should be a set amount of tickets set aside for public sale for every single match in my opinion. Make the game as inclusive as possible. When I say a set amount I'm talking under 5% of the overall allocation but tickets should be available to all. I know supporters who couldn't even buy a membership because they were all sold out. At present there are non members getting tickets for home and away games ahead of members, courtesy of ST holders getting tickets for them so it's not like it's not already happening.

As I say, your season ticket guarantees 19 home games and nothing else. They also get it at a cheaper cost per game than supporters who are members or public sale.

55 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

There should be a set amount of tickets set aside for public sale for every single match in my opinion. Make the game as inclusive as possible. When I say a set amount I'm talking under 5% of the overall allocation but tickets should be available to all. I know supporters who couldn't even buy a membership because they were all sold out. At present there are non members getting tickets for home and away games ahead of members, courtesy of ST holders getting tickets for them so it's not like it's not already happening.

As I say, your season ticket guarantees 19 home games and nothing else. They also get it at a cheaper cost per game than supporters who are members or public sale.

I disagree as those with ST’s and membership have made a commitment to the club. My issue with  those going on general sale will likely end up with those who aren’t really fans such as football tourists/bandwagon jumpers etc.

I know if we get more successful those things are inevitable but we can keep them out for a bit.

Its a bit shit on those that can’t get memberships but how many people didn’t? 

2 hours ago, Ace said:

If there’s 25000 tickets and we have 30000 season ticket holders they should go to all that want them and any left should go to members. If ST holders miss out it should only be to other ST holders.

So how do you give 30000 people 25000 tickets? 🙂

Allocation was around 27-29K off top of my head. ST holders are around 33-36k approx.

Edited by LFEE

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

So how do you give 30000 people 25000 tickets? 🙂

Allocation was around 27-29K off top of my head. ST holders are around 33-36k approx.

🤦‍♂️

You can’t give all of them a ticket obviously, you split the 30000  ST holders based on factors like points/cup attendance and offer tickets to each group and while there are some of the 25000 left you keep going through them till they are gone.

No ticket should have been offered to a member till ST holders had all been asked and no general sale till members had all been offered. 

2 hours ago, Ace said:

while I agree that once upon a time someone having a season ticket indicated an increased level of commitment to the club that just clearly isn’t the case anymore. What’s the difference between someone who has a season ticket and someone who has bought a ticket for every game this season through the members/general sale?

As we go forward it seems that being a season ticket holder comes down to not much more than luck of having one before the takeover or getting one of the few that went on sale after it. Personally I don’t think it’s a good idea that getting tickets to away matches and cup finals becomes a closed shop because it just encourages people to keep ahold of season tickets when they don’t really want them. 

I don’t think there’s a simple solution to this because there’s clearly more demand for tickets than there is supply but I think the club needs to come up with something so that attending our matches doesn’t become a closed shop with the same people going all the time.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Not all 30 would be able to go I’d imagine?

I’m guessing you meant 30000 🙂 

Cmon think about it. There was around 5k difference in allocation. How do you explain to those who miss out even if only 30k out of 35k is the take up? It be chaos 🙂

The club made the right decision and rewarded those who attended the least attractive cup ties in numbers on a sliding scale. Majority all ST holders.

The only people who have a problem with what was decided was ST holders who didn’t buy ANY cup tickets when have 4-5 opportunities. They were taking a massive gamble expecting a chance for final tickets if they’d used any common sense and so it turn out. I don’t want that to sound harsh but some times the truth hurts. 

The good news for them is they missed out on very little and will know for the future…

So thinking ahead to the future where every ST holder buys every cup ticket available. It will probably go to away round tickets if any I.e. loyalty points as they won’t be able to offer enough tickets then after that I’m scratching my head… 

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

🤦‍♂️

You can’t give all of them a ticket obviously, you split the 30000  ST holders based on factors like points/cup attendance and offer tickets to each group and while there are some of the 25000 left you keep going through them till they are gone.

No ticket should have been offered to a member till ST holders had all been asked and no general sale till members had all been offered. 

I disagree. ST is for league games only and give you priority to buy cup tickets ahead of members. So you have already had your chance ahead of members and general public. Some foolishly didn’t think to take it.

The club needs to give incentives to those not lucky enough to have STs who are usually the ones happy to pay for the less attractive games.

Yeah that's my opinion too. Season tickets give you priority for 19 home games, away tickets and when the title is won you'll be there to witness the championship party.

They still get first dibs on cup tickets.

If we make it to a final or FA Cup Semi Final, people who've been to most cup games should have first crack at the cup final tickets for that competition. 

8 hours ago, Ace said:

I disagree as those with ST’s and membership have made a commitment to the club. My issue with  those going on general sale will likely end up with those who aren’t really fans such as football tourists/bandwagon jumpers etc.

I know if we get more successful those things are inevitable but we can keep them out for a bit.

Its a bit shit on those that can’t get memberships but how many people didn’t? 

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one then. For me your season ticket guarantees your seat for the home league games, and usually they'll give you first refusal on it for home cup games. As an extra perk season ticket holders get their seat at a reduced price compared to someone paying match by match.

A supporter who has been to every League Cup game, from round 2 onwards should always be ahead of a season ticket holder who wasn't interested until the Semi Final stage when it comes to dishing out Wembley tickets.

In my opinion of course.

43 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Next season every season ticket holders is just going to buy a cup ticket even if they can't go aren't they, going to be a lot of spares floating around once it's sold out

If you follow the logic they will in the main but as I said earlier it still won’t guarantee a final ticket it will just change the club’s criteria.