Nott'm Forest 1 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 17/10/09 - Post-Match Reaction From Page 16

Dave

As was said earlier in the thread, it's not the defeat that's annoying but the half-arsed approach the players took -- especially in the first half. The beginning of the second half showed that the rest of the match was being played in first gear, which is totally fucking unacceptable and disrespectful to both the fans and the opposition.

At times we just weren't good enough (Carroll and Harewood were awful in particular) but the main reason for that defeat is just a poor attitude.

This. Fucking disgusting.

I pray to God that Hughton stops this long ball stuff, between Harewood and Carroll there is no aerial ability or much in the way of hold up, the only time we looked dangerous was quick interchanges in and around the box, and playing Nolan behind them.

it's not only that the forwards were s**** (which they were) but they had absolutely no support from the midfield in the first half especially. Guthrie, Nolan and Lovenkrands stood watching instead of chasing the flick ons.

So far Ipswich has been our best perfomance this season home or away. Not one of the goals came from a long ball up, it was lots of short passing then out wide for crossing. It was about getting it into the channels, which we didn't try and do today, if we try and do what we did today against Scunthorpe then I don't expect a different result.

I thought we looked second best against Ipswich as well until we scored. I am yet to be convinced that the midfielders we have can run for 90 mins, which is what you need to do to play a passing game.

It's the lack of flair in midfield, we have nobody that can open teams up! Ok bar Jonas but he just runs down a blind alley and his delivery is about as good as royal mails at the minute.

Harper 5 - Alright I suppose.

Taylor 6 - Steady away, put the odd good ball into the box.

Simpson 4 - All over the place at times, certainly doesn't have the positional awareness and strength to play centre half.

Khiz 5 - Decent on the ball, so very very slow off it.

Enrique 7 - Our best player by a country mile.

Guthrie 5 - Not a winger, didn't get into the game at all.

Smith 5 - Put himself about, switched off at times, nothing special.

Nolan 4 - It's a good job the lad can finish because he offers little else to the side. Lose some weight.

Lovenkrands 3 - Just awful, for the love of God the man cannot play on the wing.

Harewood 5 - Probably our most threatening player, doesn't say much.

Carroll 4 - Does he actually have a square head? When he wasn't making defensive headers he was falling over, invest in some new boots.

Subs:

Jonas 5 - Oddly made things happen but so very very wasteful. I mean shooting from there? Come on.

Ranger 4 - Got into the correct positions but his poor touch and inability to finish kind of countered that.

think your being generous with Harewood,Enrique same,Ranger not long enough on pitch, Harper saved our bacon

Hughton is awful and our play at the minute is reflecting that.  I don't know what he's seen in Harewood to start him and give him so much time on the pitch.  Hughton only changed things as a reaction to the Forrest changes, he should have made a triple substitution after 10 minutes of the second half but he's clueless.

The biggest problem is that he'll remain here while the club is in limbo so what we've seen for the last 3 games will be repeated unless we get injuries to force changes on Hughton.

Our midfield was shocking apart from Smith who wasn't very good either, he was just better than the others he was playing with.  Nolan, Guthrie and Lovenkrands were absolutely shite yet only one of them went off and even then it was far too late.  Harewood was shocking and Carroll was inept for most of the time.

The only defender who did anything positive was Enrique and even he wasn’t as good as he usually is.

We’ve now thrown away 7 points out of our last 9 and things don’t look like improving any time soon.

Harper 5 - Alright I suppose.

Taylor 6 - Steady away, put the odd good ball into the box.

Simpson 4 - All over the place at times, certainly doesn't have the positional awareness and strength to play centre half.

Khiz 5 - Decent on the ball, so very very slow off it.

Enrique 7 - Our best player by a country mile.

Guthrie 5 - Not a winger, didn't get into the game at all.

Smith 5 - Put himself about, switched off at times, nothing special.

Nolan 4 - It's a good job the lad can finish because he offers little else to the side. Lose some weight.

Lovenkrands 3 - Just awful, for the love of God the man cannot play on the wing.

Harewood 5 - Probably our most threatening player, doesn't say much.

Carroll 4 - Does he actually have a square head? When he wasn't making defensive headers he was falling over, invest in some new boots.

Subs:

Jonas 5 - Oddly made things happen but so very very wasteful. I mean shooting from there? Come on.

Ranger 4 - Got into the correct positions but his poor touch and inability to finish kind of countered that.

think your being generous with Harewood,Enrique same,Ranger not long enough on pitch, Harper saved our bacon

Thought Enrique had a good game, defended well and got forward with a bit of purpose. Harper made one very good save and yeah, Ranger was pretty shit. At least Harewood had the courage to shoot unlike any of his fellow attackers.

I pray to God that Hughton stops this long ball stuff, between Harewood and Carroll there is no aerial ability or much in the way of hold up, the only time we looked dangerous was quick interchanges in and around the box, and playing Nolan behind them.

it's not only that the forwards were s**** (which they were) but they had absolutely no support from the midfield in the first half especially. Guthrie, Nolan and Lovenkrands stood watching instead of chasing the flick ons.

So far Ipswich has been our best perfomance this season home or away. Not one of the goals came from a long ball up, it was lots of short passing then out wide for crossing. It was about getting it into the channels, which we didn't try and do today, if we try and do what we did today against Scunthorpe then I don't expect a different result.

I thought we looked second best against Ipswich as well until we scored. I am yet to be convinced that the midfielders we have can run for 90 mins, which is what you need to do to play a passing game.

It's the lack of flair in midfield, we have nobody that can open teams up! Ok bar Jonas but he just runs down a blind alley and his delivery is about as good as royal mails at the minute.

This its been the same story for years.

The reaction of some people on here is feckin bewildering.   :idiot2:

Did you watch the last 3 games through Rose tinted glasses?

Actually nay, if you look at the bigger picture however...we are still joint top of the league and the last 3 games have been against top half teams. This league was always going to be tight and it seems some people on here expect us to walk every game.

If we struggle in the next 4 games with us playing Donny. Scunny and Peterboro i will perhaps start to worry slightly, however i don't think we will.

Maybe i didnt see us found wanting in the last 3 games oh well hay ho.Wish i could share your blinding optimism.

Fact is we have been played off the park by 3 mediocre teams if that bodes well for the future in your world great.

Face it, if someone had told you we would be joint top after 12 games you would have ripped your cock off.

If not having a hissy fit after a bit of a poor spell is blinding optimism, so be it.

Gan simmer doon

I really dont need to simmer down,im saying the proof is there for you too see for yourself,go take a look at the last 3 games im not knee jerking because we have been beat today,im stating the facts.

We have been gash for the past 3 and there is no way to sugar coat it im afraid.

On the way home from the match and all very similar from last two games. Our staggering lack of creativity will scupper our promotion chances. As for match marks, just lob 4s and 5s around randomly. The worst part was, like Bristol, Forest were really poor.

I really dont need to simmer down,im saying the proof is there for you too see for yourself,go take a look at the last 3 games im not knee jerking because we have been beat today,im stating the facts.

We have been gash for the past 3 and there is no way to sugar coat it im afraid.

We were always going to have a stage when the performances dried up. If it gets to the point where we go 5,6 games like this, then I may be as melodramatic as thou

Also, why were the Forest fans acting like they'd just won the league the daft twats?

When they drew with us in 96 and gave Man U the title, they celebrated like they'd regained the European cup.

Utter, utter scum.

We were always going to have a stage when the performances dried up. If it gets to the point where we go 5,6 games like this, then I may be as melodramatic as thou

Lets hope your right.. i want them to win as much as you,and i fucking hope they put things right in the next game,what you dont seem to accept is the worrying signs of the last few matches where we have offered fuck all.

Lets hope as you seem so sure,its a blip.

Lets hope your right.. i want them to win as much as you,and i f***ing hope they put things right in the next game,what you dont seem to accept is the worrying signs of the last few matches where we have offered f*** all.

Lets hope as you seem so sure,its a blip.

Indeedy, I'm sure on Tuesday everyone on here will be happy as larry.....perhaps

Badly missed Taylor and dare I say Coloccini at the back. Think Hughton thought we could dominate them at the back and went for power in Carroll and Harewood, with balls launched at them again and again from deep. It failed spectacularly with Forest gratefully mopping up. Shocking partnership on today's evidence.

The lack of wingers is going to be recurring problem this season and it seems teams have found us out. Just keep the full backs back and we've got nothing. We don't have the players to take on a man, get in behind a defence and cause problems. It's easy to defend what's in front of you. We will beat some sides through physical force and maybe even better use of the ball but being as one-dimensional as we are teams have found out that there is no plan B with us, we don't mix it up and they know exactly what to expect. We take off a big guy and put another big guy on. We take off a sluggish midfielder and put another one on.

As poor as we were in the first half, we should have got at least a draw as Forest were poor in the second and sat back inviting pressure. The balls in to Carroll and Harewood were all from deep though, and that always favours the defender. Until we can get balls in from out wide it's unlikely to work. A winger on loan is a must.

Can't disagree with a single word of that.

Just got back from the game (live in Nottingham, so its a home game for me)

I cannot believe the S*** you lot are giving.

First half, we coped easily with what they threw at us. A couple of chances and a post. Their goal came from the one occasion the two centre backs lost their player.

Second half, we camped in their half. it's difficult to break down a team who play 11 at the back and don't venture over the half way line.

Smith was superb again. the back 4 did their job(except on one occasion).

Nolan was industrious, but Guthrie is not a wide midfielder.

Lovencrands should never play again, and Ranger should be ahead of Harewood in the pecking order as Harewood was atrocious all game.

Jonas provided plenty of running without the usual end product.

Oh and the support was unbelievable!!!!!

You cannot moan at the lack of effort, on another day it could easily have been 4.