George Caulkin

Tooj

uma farooq saying a great article (Which it is) however the useless t*** wanted pardew to stay i'm sure of it

Aye, but who the f*ck gives one as to what he thinks? Not so long ago his twitter profile had him 'working for The Times and Sunday Times' because he once filled out one of those pre-season fans' questionnaires for them.

A total nobody - except in his own mind.

What a brilliant article. Spot on.

So come on then, who on here started SackPardew.com and how do I get into the secret area on here? It can't have been toontastic surely.....

http://europeanfootballweekends.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/george-caulkin-times.html

It's always a source of humour overhearing Newcastle and Sunderland fans arguing about which club you grew up supporting. You regularly get outed on certain forums over which colour stripe you have alongside the white one. How hard is it to remain impartial when reporting on the 'other' North East team? It’s not hard at all. It’s my job - just like it’s the job of Steve Bruce, who was brought up a Newcastle supporter, to manage Sunderland. And I’ve been attending matches as a journalist for far longer than I did as a fan. But my impartiality is also genuine - I’ve made real and lasting friendships with people who have played for and managed all North East clubs, I grew up amongst people with split loyalties and what’s left at the end of all that is love for the region and its footballing tradition ahead of ‘support’ for a particular club. It’s simply not an issue. If I was sacked tomorrow (always a possibility), I would pay to watch them all.

I'm guessing this is it? I think it's safe to say he's a supporter of the club like.

He writes great as usual.

However, and I've said this before, his arse kissing article on Pardew while on tour with the side after the near relegation season was absolutely unforgivable. A lot of shite about being 'refreshed and focused' when the fraud should have been getting run out of town.

Evidence that Caulkin is no different to every journalist- happy to hammer someone they never see but doesn't have the stones to criticise someone they have to sit in front of in a press conference.

I doubt he could write with that passion if he didn't support us, surely.

I don't disagree like, but those were his own words. Who was it that writes about us but openly supports someone else? Douglas?

Bradford City fan, isn't he?

I doubt he could write with that passion if he didn't support us, surely.

I don't disagree like, but those were his own words. Who was it that writes about us but openly supports someone else? Douglas?

Bradford City fan, isn't he?

yep

Article is as good as we've come to expect from Caulkin. He has his finger on the pulse of the NUFC collective better than anyone else out there in professional media, and he's not even a supporter!

He is, used to write for the Mag in the early '90s and was a season ticket holder.