Newcastle United 2-1 Doncaster Rovers - 24/10/09 - post match reaction from p20

PM

Thought the booing of harewood was harsh.

I don't like booing of players.

I have nothing against it at all if its justified. Some of these players just swan around not giving a shit and think they can turn in wank performances every week. Someone has to tell them its not on as it certainly won't be Hughton.

Absolutely.

The lads on Radio Newcastle were commenting on Harewood's lack of effort today, and not for the first time since he's joined us. His body language speaks volumes and if he's not prepared to put it in on the pitch, then why should he be immune from criticism?

I'd have thought him coming here would be a great opportunity for him. It doesn't look that way however.

Thought the booing of harewood was harsh.

I don't like booing of players.

Yeah... booing is a bit poxy but i admittedly "whey!"ed when his number came up on the board. The guy is a whole new level of absolute turd. He was garbage - seriously garbage.

Crazy game like but enjoyable in a really twisted manner. Horrible for large proportions of it but the buzz when the winner went in, Christ - absolutely awesome. It's funny cos earlier i'd assumed the club would be sending out a search party for Nolan after the final whistle; totally invisible in the 4-4-2, as per usual, but pops up with a goal (again, as usual, you could say). Awesome stuff. It's unbelievable how much we miss Taylor and Colo, btw. We're practically a different team without them.

Harper - 6. Can't really blame him for the goal and he wasn't really tested in all fairness aside from that.

R Taylor - 6. He was alright, gave a typical sort of performance really from him. Grafted hard but his set pieces were very hit and miss. I felt for him to be fair cos he represented our entire right-wing. We were so narrow in midfield, i don't think Guthrie knew where the fuck he was meant to be.

Khizanishvili - 4. Rubbish. Didn't get any sort of view of the incident at the end so i shan't comment, but his general performance was crap.

Kadar - 5. Harsh in some ways cos for 95% of the game he coped fine. There were a couple of very sticky incidents but i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt cos he had no on-pitch 'mentor' if you like, and is only a young lad. I'd be happy to see him in the side again at home. The goal wasn't his fault, btw... he rightly came across to intercept the ball but ended up trapped in the corner with no help. He did his best to punt it clear but it wasn't his fault there was no one to help him and no one to cover for him in the middle. The 'organisation' was a pisstake.

Enrique - 7. Caused a lot of trouble and was generally assured at the back. Didn't really link up that well with Jonas but i don't think it was his fault, really.

Guthrie - 6. He caused trouble, probed and harried, in spite of fading in the second half. He's about as much of a winger as Steve Harper is, like.

Butt - 3. Worst of the worst from him today. Insipdly dogshite. He really is up there amongst the worst i've ever seen for us.

Nolan - 7. Nowhere for the majority but popped up with the winner. Gerrin.

Jonas - 5. Threatened to threaten in some spells, but didn't make enough runs and spent too much time on his arse. He's not up for it at all tbh.

Carroll - 6. His excellent finish is almost counter-balanced by that absolutely shocking miss. He caused Donny problems though - i haven't seen the last two games but i understand he's been poor, but whenever i've seen him this season (which is at home, basically), he's proven to me that he absolutely must be in the side.

Harewood - 3. Turgid crap.

Ranger was good when he came on.

Newcastle - Doncaster 43949

Chelsea - Blackburn 40836

Spurs - Stoke 36031

Derby - QPR 30135

Wolves - Villa 28734

Sheff Utd - Cardiff 25021

Hull - Portsmouth 23720

Birmingham - Sunderland 21723

Coventry - West Brom 20871

Burnley - Wigan 19430

Preston - Boro 16116

Palace - Forest 15692

Swansea - Blackpool 14724

Barnsley - Bristol 11314

Plymouth - Ipswich 10875

Peterborough - Scunthorpe 8051

I see Ronaldo sticking the boot into Kadar but forgave Bramble a dozen (two dozen?) games of similar, if not worse, f***-ups.

How am I sticking the boot into him? I'm telling it like it is and he's not ready for championship football. I'm not saying he's s**** and i'm not saying he'll never be up to it.  :dontknow:

I forgave Bramble because he was our best defender for 3 out of 4 games.

I saw Kadar a few seasons back, when he had long hair, for our reserves when we played Man City and he was very impressive. He would bring the ball out of defence, was quick and would get stuck in. Today he used the ball well (mostly), battled with their strikers and looked to move forward with the abll. It was a decent start for him, but I think people will judge him because he cleared the ball for their goal straight to the player. He did pass the ball across the face of the goal another time, but luckly it made its way to Taylor. Its a shame because Doncaster either over ran our midfield or Nicky Butt was nowhere to be found/miles away from the play so Kadar had no one to play to ball to which he seemed keen on doing. After a few more games alongside a more accomplished defender I think he will get even better.

I see Ronaldo sticking the boot into Kadar but forgave Bramble a dozen (two dozen?) games of similar, if not worse, f***-ups.

How am I sticking the boot into him? I'm telling it like it is and he's not ready for championship football. I'm not saying he's s**** and i'm not saying he'll never be up to it.  :dontknow:

Which 4 games? ???

and Colo too.

I know Coloccini is a good defender though. Kadar got anihilated by Tresor Kandal a couple of months back man.

How am I sticking the boot into him? I'm telling it like it is and he's not ready for championship football. I'm not saying he's shite and i'm not saying he'll never be up to it.

You said he wasn't ready to play again for a year! Give him a chance alongside Taylor or Colo, for instance, and I'm sure he'd turn in a better performance. Too soon to write players off like that when we are so short in numbers, tbh.

Harewood is a terrible, terrible player. Has been rubbish in every game so far, and he had me so frustrated during the game today.

However, anybody booing him off should be ashamed, what the hell does booing the guy off achieve? Really downright disgusting booing your own players like that , and he looked distraught about it walking off.

and Colo too.

I know Coloccini is a good defender though. Kadar got anihilated by Tresor Kandal a couple of months back man.

and Colo looked shite for basically an entire season last year, making mistakes everywhere and being bullied by average players. dont care what Kadar's done in a reserve match tbh as that's not the level that counts.

How am I sticking the boot into him? I'm telling it like it is and he's not ready for championship football. I'm not saying he's s**** and i'm not saying he'll never be up to it.

You said he wasn't ready to play again for a year! Give him a chance alongside Taylor or Colo, for instance, and I'm sure he'd turn in a better performance. Too soon to write players off like that when we are so short in numbers, tbh.

When did I write him off? I said he wasn't ready yet. Even Hughton seems to know that given Danny Simpson has up until today been ahead him in the CB pecking order.

However, anybody booing him off should be ashamed, what the hell does booing the guy off achieve? Really downright disgusting booing your own players, and he looked distraught about it walking off.

Bollocks. As someone said above, who else is going to tell him he had a shit game? Hughton? I don't think so. The minimum the fans expect from the players is effort, and when the players don't show that, the fans have every right to let them know they aren't happy.

Young players get an embarrassing level of protection on here. If it was up to some we'd have stuck with Paul Huntington.

as well they should, even if it means initially supporting someone like Huntington. I don't think you can compare people defending someone after one game, saying he showed some promise etc with 'sticking' with a player for a prolonged length of time though. In one scenario you dont have enough evidence to make a judgement and they may progress through time, in the other scenario you have you enough evidence to make a judgement and you've been able to track their progress.

Young players get an embarrassing level of protection on here. If it was up to some we'd have stuck with Paul Huntington.

Fuk off man, where are they supposed to start, at the top?  :lol:

What's embarrassing is you attacking the lad for a dodgy performance in a shite team, playing shite football, with a shite manager and huge pressure and expectations from the fans in what's his first handful of appearances at this level. Disgusting tbh.

Not as embarrassing as some levels of protection given to Argie centre-halfs, like.