Sheff Utd v Newcastle, 02/11/09 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Guest palnese

He must be a good player than. We can forget the 5 games before saturday then, during which he did nowt.

Yes we can actually.

Lovenkrands hasn't been given a chance man.

Ok he's plaed on the left wing alot but nowt he's shown me has impressed me.  Ranger and Carroll have to start.  I wouldnt mind seeing Ranger and Loven tried out tbh but haven't seen it to know if it will work.  It's pointless debate anyway we all know Hughton will start Harewood and Carroll and we'll get beat 2-0.

Harper

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Smith

Taylor                            Jonas

Nolan

Lövenkrands  Carroll

i like that line up...but what have løvenkrands done to deserve a starting place?

Ok he's plaed on the left wing alot but nowt he's shown me has impressed me.  Ranger and Carroll have to start.  I wouldnt mind seeing Ranger and Loven tried out tbh but haven't seen it to know if it will work.  It's pointless debate anyway we all know Hughton will start Harewood and Carroll and we'll get beat 2-0.

Guess what, he isn't a winger.

Guess what, he isn't a winger.

No shit sherlock, he has played upfront I believe with Harewood starting and was crap, he's also come on alot up front and also been crap plus he turned us down about 8/9 years ago as he aid Rangers were amuch bigger and better club and basically took the piss out of us.

Guest palnese

Harewood should be watching this from his sofa in Birmingham.

Lovenkrands has been rubbish all season, though most of his games he has been playing wide.

Ranger - Supersub for me atm.

Nolan

Carroll

We have to play Ranger up top, I'm sorry but he's doing an equally good job compared to Carroll (except hes not scoring) but when he does come off the mark I have no doubt he will be scoring more, it is important to give him more than 45 minutes of playing time especially as its in the Championship and let him develop. He has everything to be a good striker but we need to show faith in him by playing him.

And please save me form coming up with Wenger and his 15 minutes and Carling Cup youngsters, its much more different in our situation.

Play Ranger and Carroll upfront and let the goals start flying, if it doesnt work take the one playing worse out and put Lovenkrands. But give Ranger minutes so he could develop intot he player he should become.