Sheff Utd v Newcastle, 02/11/09 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Christ on a bike man, it's a f***ing name, where the hell is the self-esteem?

It's not just the stadium name- but how your not bothered about our clubs history being auctioned off is beyond me, mate- its the way our club is being left to rot to death in the hands of this cunt. This fucking, greedy cunt who will milk us for every penny we posses and then fuck off leaving us on the ground coughing up our guts. That hurts me, tbh.

Harper

Simpson     S. Taylor     Coloccini     Enrique

R. Taylor     Smith ©     Nolan     Jonas

Ranger     Carroll

SUBS: Krul, Kadar, Geremi, Butt, Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Harewood.

That's what I'd expect to see based on the current predictions for what we have available to us. Will be harsh on Guthrie if he is dropped, although Hughton might play Nolan in-behind Carroll again and keep Guthrie in the midfield, with Ranger again dropping to the bench.

Ranger brings out the best in Carroll, be moronic not to start them both after their last few games playing together.

Carroll was very poor against QPR and Ipswich alongside Ranger.

Apart for the assist for Nolans 2nd that put us clear against Ipswich you mean.

No one did brilliantly against QPR. And you cannot say with any real belief that lovenkrands would have changed that atall. The results back up Ranger & Carroll. Experimenting with much else when we're winning games with those two up front is pretty idiotic.

Ranger brings out the best in Carroll, be moronic not to start them both after their last few games playing together.

We need Ranger in the team to hold the ball up and bring the midfielders into play, Carroll and Harewood have failed to do this when played together, but I think Carroll and Ranger have shown they can work as a pair. Forget reputations and go with what works.

Harper

Simpson     S. Taylor     Coloccini     Enrique

R. Taylor     Smith ©     Nolan     Jonas

Ranger     Carroll

SUBS: Krul, Kadar, Geremi, Butt, Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Harewood.

That's what I'd expect to see based on the current predictions for what we have available to us. Will be harsh on Guthrie if he is dropped, although Hughton might play Nolan in-behind Carroll again and keep Guthrie in the midfield, with Ranger again dropping to the bench.

i'd have the same starting XI but lovenkrands in place of carroll

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We should see:

Harper

Simpson        Coloccini    Kadar          Enrique

R.Taylor        Smith ©    Nolan (Free Role) Gutierrez

Carroll                  Harewood

Subs- Krul, S.Taylor, Geremi, Butt, Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Ranger

A defeat here may not necessarily be a bad thing.

Care to explain why not?

He probably think it may pressure ashley into allowing a loan signing or something, or maybe even sack Hughton.

:lol:

Colo Set To Win Blades Fitness Race

By Craig Hope

CHRIS Hughton says that Fabricio Coloccini looks set to win his fitness race ahead of Monday's trip to Sheffield United.

It had been hoped the Argentine would return to action against Doncaster Rovers last weekend but a minor reoccurrence of a groin injury precluded his involvement in the 2-1 win.

However, having returned to full training with his Magpie team-mates this week, boss Hughton says he is confident of including Coloccini in the squad which travels to South Yorkshire.

"The good news on the fitness front is that Colo is back in full training and should be fine," he told nufcTV.

"As long as there are no problems over the weekend then he will be in the squad."

And the Toon chief remained hopeful on Coloccini's defensive comrades Steven Taylor and Danny Simpson, sidelined with hamstring and ankle problems respectively.

"We're building things up with Steven and hope he can make the game," added Hughton.

"Danny Simpson is looking to train on Saturday but he's fit and, again, we're very hopeful that he'll be involved."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/article/colo-set-to-win-blades-fitness-race-20091029_2240137_1840634

It's definitely a bonus we have Smith back in the side. Butt is absolutely awful, imo. Even at this level he struggles. Nolan should start alongside Smith in the engine room, although he offers us little mobility through the centre but does increase the added chance of a goal.

Coloccini isn't great but our backline will have a better feel to it actually playing a CB in CB.

Please no Lovenkrands and Harewood. Both are absolutely gash....no other way about it. It's gotta be Carroll and Ranger up top for me. They may not be the most experienced but look at the experience we have throughout the rest of the side; Harper, Enrique, Coloccini, Smith, Nolan etc.

I think we can win this, for sure, but I'd settle for a draw.

Care to explain why not?

He probably think it may pressure ashley into allowing a loan signing or something, or maybe even sack Hughton.

Simply because it will further fury fans, instead of masking over the shower of shit we have just been hit with. It wont have any massive effect like, but I think if we could protest for that one game last season when the situation was considerably better, then surely now is the time to all Unite against this cunt.

Care to explain why not?

Simply because it will further fury fans, instead of masking over the shower of s*** we have just been hit with. It wont have any massive effect like, but I think if we could protest for that one game last season when the situation was considerably better, then surely now is the time to all Unite against this c***.

i thought the protest was a disaster tbh. did nothing but fuck up our season monumentally.