Sheff Utd v Newcastle, 02/11/09 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Guest toonlass

The last game we played at Bramall Lane was class. Was in the front row and when Taylor scored it felt like everyone in the stand rushed forward. Got back home to find a bruise the size of a dinner plate on my shoulder blade and back where everyone had just piled forward into me. Absolute belter game.

Tough game this one. I'd like to think that we can shake off our current form following the win over Donny, but somehow I think this is going to be a struggle. Established top six team at this level, consistently there or there abouts for the last 10 years. For me it depends entirely on if Tayls and Colo are back. If they are I see us keeping a clean sheet so 1-0 or 2-0 not beyond consideration. If not I can't see us keeping them out for 90 minutes so we'll need to score 2 or possily 3 to get the win.

After all considered I'll go for 2-2. Ranger and Nolan (again).

Team (hopefully all injury free)

Harper

Simpson                                S.Taylor                    Colo                            Enrique

R.Taylor                                  Smith                      Nolan                          Jonas

Carroll                      Ranger

Subs; Krul, Kadar, Guthrie, Butt, Lovenkrands, Harewood, Zurab (suspension allowing) if not one from LuaLua/Tozer/Donaldson/Vukic/other random youngster.

Steven Taylor in race to face Sheffield United

Oct 26 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/26/steven-taylor-in-race-to-face-sheffield-united-72703-25016603/

Looks like Tozer and Kadar at the back, so I am prepared to write this one off. If we get anything at all it will be a great result.

I reckon it's just scare-mongering. One of Taylor, Colocinni or Simpson will definitely make IMO, even if half-fit.

Steven Taylor in race to face Sheffield United

Oct 26 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/26/steven-taylor-in-race-to-face-sheffield-united-72703-25016603/

Looks like Tozer and Kadar at the back, so I am prepared to write this one off. If we get anything at all it will be a great result.

I reckon it's just scare-mongering. One of Taylor, Colocinni or Simpson will definitely make IMO, even if half-fit.

If anything Hughton's tended to downplay injuries with Shola and Barton being prime examples. Simpson being fit won't really make much difference against a big side, we need Colo or Taylor fit ideally and I reckon this might be just too soon.

Guest prestonj1989

I am pretty sure we will have Coloccini and Simpson back going on the various quotes so far. I highly doubt Taylor will play. Which will mean a back line of: Raylor Simpson Colo Enrique.

Harper

Simpson    Taylor          Colo    Enrique

Smith

Guthrie    Nolan

Jonas

Carrol      Ranger

I was just thinking I can't recall seeing Colo play RCB always LCB this season, might be worth giving him a punt there as he'll be prone to less errors if playing on his stronger side

Harper

Smith

Guthrie     Nolan

Jonas

Carrol       Ranger

I was just thinking I can't recall seeing Colo play RCB always LCB this season, might be worth giving him a punt there as he'll be prone to less errors if playing on his stronger side

:lol:

Harper

Smith

Guthrie     Nolan

Jonas

Carrol       Ranger

i honestly don't think they line up LCB or RCB. more so marking specific players. ie taylor to the stronger target man type player and colo to the trickier rely on movement type.

Guest jeffers09

Any idea how the tickets are selling ?

Or how much they have given us ...

Should be a good game enyone know of eny good places to drink round there as im there by abut 6.00.

Gotta get train home at 10.00pm mind  :doh:

Ronaldo man, give it a rest. You're boring and making the same points over and over. It's like Diet NE5 or to a lesser extent, NE5 Zero.