Stadium naming rights

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We almost moved out of St James' when Sir John ran the club and the only people bothered were people (Dolly Potter and Co) who would have had nowhere to take dogs for a shit.

I don't remember too many fans complaining that we would have possibly moved to a new ground which would have almost certainly have had a new name.

We almost moved out of St James' when Sir John ran the club and the only people bothered were people (Dolly Potter and Co) who would have had nowhere to take dogs for a s***.

I don't remember too many fans complaining that we would have possibly moved to a new ground which would have almost certainly have had a new name.

A new ground would be totally different though. You would expect it to have a new name.

Guest toonlass

There is no way I am going to the Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park next season.

A new ground would be totally different though. You would expect it to have a new name.

The end result would have been almost the same though, at least we can still call it St James' Park, we wouldn't have been able to if Sir John had got his way.

How people can not care about this is beyond me, small minority or not. I'll actually go out on a limb and say anyone who isn't bothered about those cunts changing the name of our stadium aren't proper fans, and I say that without any hint of sarcasm. This has fucked me right off, there will be fucking hell to pay next time we're at St. James.

How people can not care about this is beyond me, small minority or not. I'll actually go out on a limb and say anyone who isn't bothered about those c***s changing the name of our stadium aren't proper fans, and I say that without any hint of sarcasm. This has f***ed me right off, there will be f***ing hell to pay next time we're at St. James.

:lol:

I've been through 3 relegations and seen us in some of the most shit grounds in football and not being bothered means I'm not a proper fan, OK.

How people can not care about this is beyond me, small minority or not. I'll actually go out on a limb and say anyone who isn't bothered about those c***s changing the name of our stadium aren't proper fans, and I say that without any hint of sarcasm. This has f***ed me right off, there will be f***ing hell to pay next time we're at St. James.

I don't think its so much people don't care as a jaded realisation that this is what football is heading towards, this is the first instance of something like this in england it sure as won't be the last if its pulled off

Where's that high horse? :lol:

Lets just hope the NUST actually do something worthwhile, and buy the rights. An even better idea would be, not to buy the whole club, but buy a share within the club, with part of the deal being that the stadium nameing rights are run by the NUST side, meaning that we could just keep the name. It wold also mean that the fans still have a say in the club, but we won't have to find thousands of fans with a spare £20,000 each.

I don't think its so much people don't care as a jaded realisation that this is what football is heading towards, this is the first instance of something like this in england it sure as won't be the last if its pulled off

What a shit mentality it is we have in Britain then, eh? Lets just let them fuck us off, that's just how footballs going I suppose  :doh:

Guest SupermacTheLegend

Please put us back on Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaale, Please put us back on Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale, You Fat Cockney b******, Put us back up for saaaaaaaaaaaaaale :facepalm:

Naming rights for an existing stadium are worth shite all, because everyone uses the old name.

Cisco Park / Budwieser Stadium etc might work on a new stadium that nobody knows, but people will still call SJP SJP, which sponsors know, and is reflected in the price.

Has the club spoken publically about this? If so, Christ, now low rent and tacky, and what a gigantic cunt Ashley is.

If not, he's still a gigantic cunt.

I've been through 3 relegations and seen us in some of the most shit grounds in football and not being bothered means I'm not a proper fan, OK.

Selling the name is no different to selling the shares to the stock exchange.

Naming rights for an existing stadium are worth s**** all, because everyone uses the old name.

Cisco Park / Budwieser Stadium etc might work on a new stadium that nobody knows, but people will still call SJP SJP, which sponsors know, and is reflected in the price.

Has the club spoken publically about this? If so, Christ, now low rent and tacky, and what a gigantic c*** Ashley is.

If not, he's still a gigantic c***.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/article/breaking-news-hughton-confirmed-as-united-boss-20091027_2240137_1839157

last paragraph.

I've been through 3 relegations and seen us in some of the most s*** grounds in football and not being bothered means I'm not a proper fan, OK.

Except for the part where it enrages the majority of fans who do not see it in this way.

Naming rights for an existing stadium are worth s**** all, because everyone uses the old name.

Has the club spoken publically about this? If so, Christ, now low rent and tacky, and what a gigantic c*** Ashley is.

Agree with the whole lot of this post. Obviously I'd sooner not sell the naming rights, but it'll always be St James'.

I wouldn't go that far as it does seem to piss off a lot of people, few fans were too bothered about the sale of shares on the stock market.  I can understand why some people are pissed off, it just doesn't bother me if it helps the club, my only problem is that I'm not too sure that we'll see any benefit.  I think it will just mean Ashley having to put less in, I hope that I'm wrong because if that's the case then we've gained nothing.

I've been through 3 relegations and seen us in some of the most s*** grounds in football and not being bothered means I'm not a proper fan, OK.

Except for the part where it enrages the majority of fans who do not see it in this way.

I know, its pretty sad news.

Two things connect the events, the soul of the club was put in jeopardy (the first time it prompted Keegan to leave) and they both raise funds that would otherwise not be there. We were big spenders until the money from the floatation ran out.

The Club aims to maximise its commercial revenues; this includes renegotiating its Club sponsor and kit deal, which expire at the end of this season, as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season.

The word renegotiating, meaing they are in talks with Northern Rock and Addidas, becasue if it was other companies, then it would just be negotiating, and not renegotiating, so it looks like both Northern Rock and Addidas are interested in keeping us on.

it will always be sjp no matter what label they put up to the fans but to sponsors getting their names mentioned every time a game is broadcast from there, everytime highlights are shown on ssn or motd everytime they refer to the man in the hot seat at *insert brand name* stadium every paper report, thats worth a fair wedge.

The worst thing of all is sky/talksport etc are going to have a field day with this

The Club aims to maximise its commercial revenues; this includes renegotiating its Club sponsor and kit deal, which expire at the end of this season, as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season.

The word renegotiating, meaing they are in talks with Northern Rock and Addidas, becasue if it was other companies, then it would just be negotiating, and not renegotiating, so it looks like both Northern Rock and Addidas are interested in keeping us on.

addidas no surprise there and thats a good thing, probably the best shirt makers imo.

northern rock i'd be shocked if they were allowed to keep the sponsorship on as they're owned by the British taxpayer.