Stadium naming rights

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What if, for the one year as suggested, the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation paid £1m for it or something. They'd make a shitload in donations.

The Sir Bobby Robson Stadium

The only thing it could be changed to without chaos.

What if, for the one year as suggested, the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation paid £1m for it or something. They'd make a shitload in donations.

what would be even better was if the club offered a donation and renamed the stadium to sbr foundation stadium, but like thats going to happen

The Club aims to maximise its commercial revenues; this includes renegotiating its Club sponsor and kit deal, which expire at the end of this season, as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season.

The word renegotiating, meaing they are in talks with Northern Rock and Addidas, becasue if it was other companies, then it would just be negotiating, and not renegotiating, so it looks like both Northern Rock and Addidas are interested in keeping us on.

addidas no surprise there and thats a good thing, probably the best shirt makers imo.

northern rock i'd be shocked if they were allowed to keep the sponsorship on as they're owned by the British taxpayer.

Didn't Northern Rock extend the Falcons or Durham Cricket Club's sponsorship recently?, under British taxpayers rule aswell.

The Club aims to maximise its commercial revenues; this includes renegotiating its Club sponsor and kit deal, which expire at the end of this season, as well as welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season.

The word renegotiating, meaing they are in talks with Northern Rock and Addidas, becasue if it was other companies, then it would just be negotiating, and not renegotiating, so it looks like both Northern Rock and Addidas are interested in keeping us on.

addidas no surprise there and thats a good thing, probably the best shirt makers imo.

northern rock i'd be shocked if they were allowed to keep the sponsorship on as they're owned by the British taxpayer.

Didn't Northern Rock extend the Falcons or Durham Cricket Club's sponsorship recently?, under British taxpayers rule aswell.

I'd have personally thought the British government would take a dim view of spending money on sponsoring a football team but I could be wrong

I'd have personally thought the British government would take a dim view of spending money on sponsoring a football team but I could be wrong

You think NR paid money to sponsor us for the good of the community?

NR paid sponsorship because it made business sense, as in why anyone sponsors a high profile football club. They still need to attract customers, whether they can afford to continue is another question.

It's amazing he is still at the club but I don't think many would tolerate this.

It's obvious the money will not be reinvested in the club - the fans are wise to what Ashley is about and wouldn't stand for this. If anything could trigger protests and even a mass boycott this would be it.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Depressing as fuck seeing ''Newcastle plan to sell the naming rights to their St James' Park ground'' on the BBC Ticker  :doh:

Guest Stephen927

I just can't understand why he possibly thinks this could be a good idea, given his reputation amongst the fans.

Yes, it might bring some money in short-term, but what about the history of the name, it's been that name for over 100 years. For Ashley to try and change that name for a quick buck is nothing short of disrespectful, lets not kid ourselves. It will definitely still be called SJP amongst the fans and probably by the majority of other fans, but it's the principle behind it all.

Has there ever been a successful renaming of an existing stadium?  I can't readily think of one.  Naming rights work only when it's not trying to replace an existing name.  Ashburton Grove may become well known in the future but until then it'll always be known as the Emirates. 

To all football fans SJP is Newcastle's stadium, always has been, always will be.

Has there ever been a successful renaming of an existing stadium?  I can't readily think of one.  Naming rights work only when it's not trying to replace an existing name.  Ashburton Grove may become well known in the future but until then it'll always be known as the Emirates. 

To all football fans SJP is Newcastle's stadium, always has been, always will be.

Its about to be raped tho.

True enough but I don't think you lot would be happy if your rights were sold and was called 'White Hart Mansion' or something? Of course fans would still call it by the original, and while it doesn't bother me, I can see why people are opposing it.

True enough but I don't think you lot would be happy if your rights were sold and was called 'White Hart Mansion' or something? Of course fans would still call it by the original, and while it doesn't bother me, I can see why people are opposing it.

Naming rights are being sold on their new ground aren't they?

I think new grounds are totally different, they don't have any history and so can be called anything. An existing ground with years of heritage is another matter.

If it is renamed we should all vow never to type, say or refer to the new name. We don't need money that much.