Stadium naming rights

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not bothered to be honest.

He can name it whatever he wants - it'll still be known as St James' to us - same happened with the John Hall Stand - people still call it the Leazes.

Listening to Talk Sport and Sky, and the comments coming from rival fans.....actually waiting for some genuine humourous comments, but none happened. All spiteful ranting that had no humour whatsoever.

Even Alan Brazil seemed baffled at the vindictive spite. "Dear dear" was all he commented ! ???

Funnily enough I think this issue is one that fan protests could have an impact on.

No sponsor wants to piss off hundreds of thousands of customers... a pledge never to refer to the new name or use the products of the sponsor might have some effect on potential suitors.

Funnily enough I think this issue is one that fan protests could have an impact on.

No sponsor wants to piss off hundreds of thousands of customers... a pledge never to refer to the new name or use the products of the sponsor might have some effect on potential suitors.

yes that  is entirely possible

If we had been taken over by a foreign investor, it more than likely that they would have done the same thing.

It is a lot more common around the world than many people think.

It is an easy way to raise money

If we had been taken over by a foreign investor, it more than likely that they would have done the same thing.

At least it hopefully wont be called something crap like the DW Stadium

Don't give him ideas !!

What if, for the one year as suggested, the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation paid £1m for it or something. They'd make a shitload in donations.

The Sir Bobby Robson Stadium

The only thing it could be changed to without chaos.

no no no.  i'm already against naming the east stand after sir bobby never mind having the ground named after him!!

Commercial suicide for any potential sponsors, I'd have thought.

Brings about as much prestige to your brand as sponsoring Robert Mugabe. Not only can you be associated with a joke of a football club as it goes through its worst period in recent history, but you can alienate hundreds of thousands of potential consumers and step right into the firing line.

Can't see them queuing up for that sweet deal. 

Brings about as much prestige to your brand as sponsoring Robert Mugabe. Not only can you be associated with a joke of a football club as it goes through its worst period in recent history, but you can alienate hundreds of thousands of potential consumers and step right into the firing line.

Poundstretcher, nailed on.

A sports sponsorship "expert" said much the same on Sky earlier.  He also thought that in the current climate it would be difficult to find a sponsor and the money would probably not be that great.

:lol:

Please show me a big club with a big history and a over 100year stadium who have sold its name?

Also, to all of you who say that they dont care, or dont see the problem with this, go drown yourself in the tyne please.

This is a matter of ther history of the club, its the center of all we support, and to sell that out like a whore is a shame.

I say that from Norway, i can`t possible imagin how it would feel to walk by the stadium with a fucking neon sign with "McDonalds burgershop stadium" each day, as some of you do, sickening, a constant reminder of the fat asshols fuckups, he`s legacy so to say.