Stadium naming rights

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This shouldn't be a problem. The principle of the action is rubbish, but that's football these days. It will always be St. James Park. Just because Tesco or some other disgusting company owns the naming rights doesn't change that. The only way Newcastle United's stadium will ever be known as anything other than St. James Park is if we move to a new one.

To me it feels like the culture and personality is being drained out of the club now. As if taking the dignity and Premier League status wasnt enough.

Been thinking that for a while.

But I've been also thinking that was the lowest it got, I now think this is the lowest it gets...

Rock bottom feels like it arrived several months ago but Ashley seems to find us a new level at every soul destroying decision he makes.

Every decision that he makes lends credence to the arguement that this for him is personal and it's about breaking the back of the club and the fans. Reason? Revenge for turning on him over the Keegan business. Christ knows where we will be when this sad mess ends. I suspect that all that will be left of NUFC is the name itself - as said above, he'll strip it of everything else.

To me it feels like the culture and personality is being drained out of the club now. As if taking the dignity and Premier League status wasnt enough.

Been thinking that for a while.

But I've been also thinking that was the lowest it got, I now think this is the lowest it gets...

Rock bottom feels like it arrived several months ago but Ashley seems to find us a new level at every soul destroying decision he makes.

Every decision that he makes lends credence to the arguement that this for him is personal and it's about breaking the back of the club and the fans. Reason? Revenge for turning on him over the Keegan business. Christ knows where we will be when this sad mess ends. I suspect that all that will be left of NUFC is the name itself - as said above, he'll strip it of everything else.

honestly I don't think this one is revenge, its ignorance he probably thinks this is a magnificent idea as he just sees the financial boost it would give the club

Not so fast... You remember Wimbledon FC dont you ?

We would be the first club in the top two divisions to change from a "proper" name to a branded name. Just makes a mockery of the clubs history and heritage.

would we fuck!! where do Arsenal play?? was Boros ground not called the cellnet!

the guy is a grade A (soz cath) CUNT

Not so fast... You remember Wimbledon FC dont you ?

I wonder if the word 'franchise' has been mentioned yet.

We would be the first club in the top two divisions to change from a "proper" name to a branded name. Just makes a mockery of the clubs history and heritage.

would we fuck!! where do Arsenal play?? was Boros ground not called the cellnet!

the guy is a grade A (soz cath) CUNT

Those were new stadia.

would we f***!! where do Arsenal play?? was Boros ground not called the cellnet!

the guy is a grade A (soz cath) c***

I've always been amazed that Arsenal's stadium ended up being known as the Emirates in the popular lexicon. I thought for sure, it would be referred to as Ashburton Grove by Arsenal fans at least.

Really, it's always going to be St James whatever it gets branded as.

The media & all NUFC documents will refer to it by what ever company has it name above the door. I say I am going to the Metro Arena not the Newcastle Arena or the Telewest Arena. If I sit in the 1892 I dont say I sit in the Milburn stand. OF course most of us will always refer to it as St James Park.

still went down the commercial line though when they could have kept a proper name, i hope the fat cockney twat thinks twice, as for the people on here who arnt that fussed!! get a grip

would we f***!! where do Arsenal play?? was Boros ground not called the cellnet!

Those were new stadia.

Really, it's always going to be St James whatever it gets branded as.

The media & all NUFC documents will refer to it by what ever company has it name above the door. I say I am going to the Metro Arena not the Newcastle Arena or the Telewest Arena. If I sit in the 1892 I dont say I sit in the Milburn stand. OF course most of us will always refer to it as St James Park.

interesting.  What is Citeh's official stadium name?  The City of Manchester or Eastlands?  Both get used.

Whats the craic with Man Citys ground. First it was the COMS now its Eastlands.

Did they get any money for calling it the COMS off the council or owt?

The ground is owned by the council not the club.

Wonder if he will keep the Sports Direct sign above the Gallowgate after he sells the name? It will be a bitter pill to swallow seeing the fat cunt sitting smug as fuck in our ground next year, when god knows what its called.

Those were new stadia.

still went down the commercial line though when they could have kept a proper name, i hope the fat cockney twat thinks twice, as for the people on here who arnt that fussed!! get a grip

There's five of them. Out of 88.

Edit - and some hilarious cunt.

Worst timing EVER!

Its been brought up before, renaming the stadium isnt the worst thing in the world if we get a large wedge of cash in return. Most people will always call it SJP regardless.

No suprise the fat cunt picks the most ignorant time to announce it though, the guy is clueless.