Ashley to keep club, put £20m in and consider stadium naming rights

Ashley17

That'd be a hell of a story. I envy your future offspring.

On a serious note though, regarding tonight's news - personally it draws a rather sad line under the whole situation since relegation for me, and all that's left to do is focus on the football and hope beyond hope that we stay where we are until the end of the season.

Never mind the bollocks, and all that. There's nowt we can do about it, might as well support the team, and just hope (there's that word again) that the likes of Enrique don't get sold before then.

absoloutely spot on. thats all we can do.

beware of JJ7 though, he wants to 'erm, cause fuck on in the stadium and erm, all that, because erm, theres erm, better things to do than support the erm, team'.

Next time you're buying property, offer 75% of the price, and say you'll pay the rest in a year's time. See what happens.

The thing is, he's allegedly taken the club off the market because of £20 million that he was going to get at a later date then he's coughed up £20 million now, it doesn't add up.

They are completely separate decisions though. Only an idiot would accept an offer of 75%, with 25% to follow. Not only does such an offer broadcast the fact that the buyer doesn't actually have the 25% at the moment, it means that if there is then a problem with the final payment, the struggle to get the money might effectively be yours.

Having decided not to go through with what looks like a shaky offer, he then decides to invest some money in his property, perhaps to increase its value by securing promotion. Isn't that what people have been wanting him to do anyway?

What a Tuesday Mike has had: Sports Direct lost its 29% stake in Blacks Leisure, he signed up CH, ended the SALE of NUFC, is going to sort out £20 million for NUFC & is welcoming offers for the stadium naming rights for next season.

Guest aoliversaknob

What a cunt that man is. i have not known ant other human being thats makes my piss boil as much as that bastard in charge  of NUFC. :angry:

I think the "Nivea for Men Stadium" has a nice ring to it though.  :snod:

They are completely separate decisions though. Only an idiot would accept an offer of 75%, with 25% to follow. Not only does such an offer broadcast the fact that the buyer doesn't actually have the 25% at the moment, it means that if there is then a problem with the final payment, the struggle to get the money might effectively be yours.

Having decided not to go through with what looks like a shaky offer, he then decides to invest some money in his property, perhaps to increase its value by securing promotion. Isn't that what people have been wanting him to do anyway?

An increase in value is worthless if nobody is willing to pay him.  He's sticking another £20 million in and will probably have to do the same thing next year as our running costs will increase if we do go up.

An increase in value is worthless if nobody is willing to pay him.  He's sticking another £20 million in and will probably have to do the same thing next year as our running costs will increase if we do go up.

So what's the problem?

So what's the problem?

It goes back to the original point, why is he taking it off the market over £20 million which he would/could have received at a later date when he could be out of pocket indefinitely?

It doesn’t add up.

I cant read that without an American voice narrating it in my head...

It's just a direct copy of the article from Reuters. It's not as if the NYT have someone standing outside St. James Park fishing for details.

Whats the odds - kit sponsor Lonsdale

Sponsor - Sports Direct

Stadium Name - Sports Direct

So Ashley's way of robbing money out of the club, is by paying money into it...great stuff.

You think he will pay the club the going rate for the advertising... or might he be getting a whole ton of advertising on the cheap using NUFC as its vehicle

I cant read that without an American voice narrating it in my head...

It's just a direct copy of the article from Reuters. It's not as if the NYT have someone standing outside St. James Park fishing for details.

NO f***ing s*** SHERLOCK!!!!

Did that big Reuters logo give it away?

But of course, Freddie Shepherd is blameless in all of this, let's not forget that. :hmm:

Listen here you go on about Freddy Shepherd but i firmly believe that if he was still chairman and we hadnt sold to this cockney barrow boy we would still be a mid table prem league team..yes we were in debt and paying high wages but that debt was manageable with all the revenue that was coming in from being a prem league team..jesus 80% of prem league teams are running a heavy debt teams including the likes of liverpool...id take the days with freddy and souness/roeder/allardyce every fucking day over the shower of shit we have now.and all this 20m investment is bollocks treating us like stupid cunts as if its the dawn of a new era..this coming from 2 fucking spivs who admitted repeatedly and intentionally lying and misleading us as fans..wake up compared to freddy shepherd these 2 are the devil incarnate

Also, True Faith inviting letters on the issue: http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/B2ADC3CAB47ED28B8025765C008039A1?OpenDocument

NUFC Off the Market, Hughton appointed manager, SJP to be named the Kelloggs Cornflakes Stadium

Tell us what you think. Is this a good move? Has Moat been a fantasist with no money or has he been strung along by Ashley? Is Chris Hughton a patsy for Ashley? A dickless yes-man puppet with no power or a football genius who lead us back to being a credible and powerful PL club? Are crowds of 44K actually doing any good for NUFC? What are we supporting?

What do you think about the crass decision to rename SJP? To give the name to the highest bidder? What about 120 years of tradition?

Let us know what you think - all e-mails to [email protected]