Ashley to keep club, put £20m in and consider stadium naming rights

Ashley17

Guest pont-toon

I haven't been this shocked about something since H from steps came out.

you bastard - when did this happen? no way man

now i'm well and truely suicidal

What's this £20m for then?

It can't be for transfers so he's basically admitting that he was starving the club.

If it saves us selling anyone else in January it will be a start tbh.

Do you believe that will be the case?

So why not accept the £60m up front from Moat with £20m to be paid next year.  He would rather "invest" a further £20m than take £20m less!!  As always it does not make sense and just implies that he was never serious about selling the club.

Oh and if he is going to do his "best" to achieve success for Newcastle, he would not be appointing Hughton as manager.

Next time you're buying property, offer 75% of the price, and say you'll pay the rest in a year's time. See what happens.

If he's putting money into the club, then it's only a good thing. It is my personal opinion that any sale or transaction involving the club should really wait until the offseason period. I think any talk of a sale is just massively disruptive to what the club needs to achieve.

What's this £20m for then?

It can't be for transfers so he's basically admitting that he was starving the club.

If it saves us selling anyone else in January it will be a start tbh.

Do you believe that will be the case?

So why not accept the £60m up front from Moat with £20m to be paid next year.  He would rather "invest" a further £20m than take £20m less!!  As always it does not make sense and just implies that he was never serious about selling the club.

Oh and if he is going to do his "best" to achieve success for Newcastle, he would not be appointing Hughton as manager.

Next time you're buying property, offer 75% of the price, and say you'll pay the rest in a year's time. See what happens.

Money today is always worth more than money tommorow. The two offers are in no way the same.

I'm in an optermistic mood. I'd very much like to think we'll keep our current squad and add one lower-level pemiership player in January. If we can keep the likes of Harper, Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Smith, Nolan and Shola fit for the vast majority of the season I can only see us going up tbh. Then we'll hopefully get sold and get a better manager in.

At least Ashley's spiel is working for some people

Don't give me that f***ing s*** you clueless joker. I spent half the summer of 2008 arguing with folk on here because I was apparently being too harsh on our ownership. I despise him and what he's done to nufc but our situation right now is an awful lot better than it was 3 months ago.

*Some time in the future*

"Where were you in the summer of 2008, Dad?"

"Erm, sat furiously lurched over my keyboard, logged onto Newcastle-Online, arguing with folks about Mike Ashley. Great times."

The thing is, he's allegedly taken the club off the market because of £20 million that he was going to get at a later date then he's coughed up £20 million now, it doesn't add up.

I haven't been this shocked about something since H from steps came out.

you b****** - when did this happen? no way man

now i'm well and truely suicidal

I guess this is a bad time to tell you H  died last week. Please scroll down for a picture taken at the funeral

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6122/stepsy.jpg

So we can basically write off the next 18 months at least of NUFC's history then?

Depressing. Hughtons a good guy but I'll eat my hat if he proves to be a successfull long term manager.

Has any club been so systematically destroyed like our's before?

If we get promoted & he manages to sell it, I'll be more than happy.

Getting back into the Premier League makes it more attractive to any potential buyer, which can only be good news.

I'd rather have seen somebody in now who was planning for the future of the club rather than looking to find a buyer.  If we sell in the summer then we'd need to spend a lot of money to avoid dropping back out of the division. 

From the day promotion is gained, how long would it take to sell? I would be confident that we would not be in a position to strengthen the squad in the August window so goodness knows what kind of position we would be in by the January window. It would be a huge struggle for us survive that first season back in the premier league

I'm in an optermistic mood. I'd very much like to think we'll keep our current squad and add one lower-level pemiership player in January. If we can keep the likes of Harper, Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Smith, Nolan and Shola fit for the vast majority of the season I can only see us going up tbh. Then we'll hopefully get sold and get a better manager in.

At least Ashley's spiel is working for some people

Don't give me that f***ing s*** you clueless joker. I spent half the summer of 2008 arguing with folk on here because I was apparently being too harsh on our ownership. I despise him and what he's done to nufc but our situation right now is an awful lot better than it was 3 months ago.

*Some time in the future*

"Where were you in the summer of 2008, Dad?"

"Erm, sat furiously lurched over my keyboard, logged onto Newcastle-Online, arguing with folks about Mike Ashley. Great times."

I'd of course include my amazing september trip to the US during which Keegan left, we were put on the market, appointed Kinnear and I watched us get beat by Hull on Fox Sports.

So we can basically write off the next 18 months at least of NUFC's history then?

Depressing. Hughtons a good guy but I'll eat my hat if he proves to be a successfull long term manager.

Has any club been so systematically destroyed like our's before?

Wimbledon only slightly top us

Getting back into the Premier League m

Getting back into the Premier League makes it more attractive to any potential buyer, which can only be good news.

I'd rather have seen somebody in now who was planning for the future of the club rather than looking to find a buyer.  If we sell in the summer then we'd need to spend a lot of money to avoid dropping back out of the division. 

akes it more attractive to any potential buyer, which can only be good news.

So would I, but that person doesn't appear to exist. If Moat thought he could do it he'd have raised the £80m safe in the knowledge it would be worth far more than that if we got promoted. Getting the finance to keep us there would also be easier once we were promoted.

The thing is, he's allegedly taken the club off the market because of £20 million that he was going to get at a later date then he's coughed up £20 million now, it doesn't add up.

we may well find that moat didnt have the money to run the dam thing anyway.

ashley will know he can make money via the naming rights, kit deal and sponsorship in the next 12 months, and if we go up, we will be a much, much more attarctive propostion. theres no more to it than that imo.

That'd be a hell of a story. I envy your future offspring.

On a serious note though, regarding tonight's news - personally it draws a rather sad line under the whole situation since relegation for me, and all that's left to do is focus on the football and hope beyond hope that we stay where we are until the end of the season.

Never mind the bollocks, and all that. There's nowt we can do about it, might as well support the team, and just hope (there's that word again) that the likes of Enrique don't get sold before then.

From the day promotion is gained, how long would it take to sell? I would be confident that we would not be in a position to strengthen the squad in the August window so goodness knows what kind of position we would be in by the January window. It would be a huge struggle for us survive that first season back in the premier league

I honestly think we'd need an owner with the same amount of money as Man City.  They would have to pay something like £150 minimum and that's before a single player came in.  You would probably have to add another £50 million on players to guarantee staying up.

The two sponsorships and possible renaming of the ground would at least help find some of that.

On a serious note though, regarding tonight's news - personally it draws a rather sad line under the whole situation since relegation for me, and all that's left to do is focus on the football and hope beyond hope that we stay where we are until the end of the season.

Never mind the bollocks, and all that. There's nowt we can do about it, might as well support the team, and just hope (there's that word again) that the likes of Enrique don't get sold before then.

Didnt we say this back in January the first time he tok us off the market ?

Whats the odds - kit sponsor Lonsdale

Sponsor - Sports Direct

Stadium Name - Sports Direct

No way. If there's a chance to get outside money in he'll do that rather than put more of his own in.

If the £20m can be used to finance the club and the money from the naming rights and shirt sponsorship goes towards the playing staff, that should be sufficient to get us promoted. Then hopefully we'll finally see the back of that conniving, unscrupulous cunting cunt

Didnt we say this back in January the first time he tok us off the market ?

Probably.

Although I have to say, I'd still be shocked if we were up for sale again BEFORE the end of the season, despite all the madness in the last year or so.

Focus on getting up, then take it from there. It's the only option.