Things you think are great but are supposed to think are sh*t - Football edition

Cajun

Long ball football.

Dunno, I just enjoy watching big target men that can bring those balls down and hold them while surrounded by all the other teams defence as they try to scrap something. Kevin Davis is one of my favorite English footballers.

One of the things I also enjoy is when small teams play "anti-football" and are able to hold off the big fishes to draws or even scrappy wins.

Heck, I will say it: I loved Allardyce's Bolton.

Long ball football.

Dunno, I just enjoy watching big target men that can bring those balls down and hold them while surrounded by all the other teams defence as they try to scrap something. Kevin Davis is one of my favorite English footballers.

How come every man wants what they can't have?

Guest firetotheworks

Zidane's headbutt in the world cup final.

This. No one remembers who won the final (it was France vs ?), but they do remember it being Zidane's last game.

Im sure he would have rather won the World Cup, but I agree in a way. I loved him for it, and this thing about it tarnishing his career is an absolute load of bollocks. The hand of god with Maradona, that slightly tarnished an incredible players career yes. Headbutting someone for calling your family, no.

Long ball football.

How come every man wants what they can't have?

I guess it's because it isn't something I'm used to watch. If a manager tried to pull that off at Barça he would be chased out of town with pitchforks, so sometimes I find it refreshing to see.

I reckon he could be off to the likes of Villa, Everton or even Liverpool at a push in Jan like, the potential is there is bundles.

Are you on the windup? He hasn't even been getting a game for Hull :lol:

:lol: :lol:

1 league start this season.

Zidane's headbutt in the world cup final.

This. No one remembers who won the final (it was France vs ?), but they do remember it being Zidane's last game.

Im sure he would have rather won the World Cup, but I agree in a way. I loved him for it, and this thing about it tarnishing his career is an absolute load of bollocks. The hand of god with Maradona, that slightly tarnished an incredible players career yes. Headbutting someone for calling your family, no.

Don't think the hand of god tarnished Maradona's career at all, actually to the contrary, the fact it is so talked about 30 years after the fact is testimony to that. Maradona would probably be slightly less legendary if he had scored that goal legally.

I reckon he could be off to the likes of Villa, Everton or even Liverpool at a push in Jan like, the potential is there is bundles.

And if I remember rightly he gave the mackems a penalty in that start, with a stupid handball?

And if I remember rightly he gave the mackems a penalty in that start, with a stupid handball?

Yes.

Arsene Wenger: " I didn't see it"

Don't know why, but i always find it funny in his post match interviews.

Fergie being a wum.

Guest firetotheworks

Arsene Wenger: " I didn't see it"

Don't know why, but i always find it funny in his post match interviews.

Fergie being a wum.

Aye, I love Wenger's cheeky little grins.