Tamas Kadar

TRon

So he apparently played last night for Hungary U21s, meaning he isn't injured. Did anyone catch the game? If so, how did he play? Seems odd how he's so out of favour and can't seemingly get near our matchday squad, despite how short we have been / are at the back. Whenever I have seen him he has looked fairly promising.

from nufc.com

United's recent signing played the full game, whilst Tamas Kadar started for the less-than-magical Magyars and was replaced just after the hour. Kadar was also shown a yellow card, for a foul on Santon....

No mention whether the substitution was due to injury or tactical.

So he apparently played last night for Hungary U21s, meaning he isn't injured. Did anyone catch the game? If so, how did he play? Seems odd how he's so out of favour and can't seemingly get near our matchday squad, despite how short we have been / are at the back. Whenever I have seen him he has looked fairly promising.

Aye, though I'm hoping it's just a fitness issue and that he hasn't done something to upset the management à la Ranger........

Aye, though I'm hoping it's just a fitness issue and that he hasn't done something to upset the management à la Ranger........

I'm starting to think that this could be the case :undecided:

Don't know why I think this, I just have a feeling that Kadar's attitude hasn't impressed the management...

It wouldn't suprise me if he was a bit of a party boy. If his Facebook is anything to go by he enjoys going out his his mates and I remember last summer commenting about he looked like he had piled a few pounds on over that summer.

Edit: tried to find said photos but he doesn't seem to be on facebook anyway :dontknow:

The following does not assume that Kadar has gone bad, but is more a general point.

I suppose one of the risks of a youth policy is that we are bringing people away from their family and in to Newcastle at an age where it is often younger than someone going to university, and yet they are earning more than most and no-one to control how the money gets spent so more chance of straying. These youngsters also get surrounded by leeches who want all the benefits of being a friend of a professional footballer yet don't really care about that player's career.

I would say we need to make more of an effort to bring players parents to Newcastle and insist they co-habit. Alternatively players need to be moved in to the house of another family, just like what happenned with Shearer.

It wouldn't suprise me if he was a bit of a party boy. If his Facebook is anything to go by he enjoys going out his his mates and I remember last summer commenting about he looked like he had piled a few pounds on over that summer.

Edit: tried to find said photos but he doesn't seem to be on facebook anyway :dontknow:

:sadnod:

• 1 month later...
Forgotten man Kadar in battle to stay in Toon

Oct 16 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

TAMAS Kadar is battling to save his Newcastle United career.

The promising defender has disappeared from the radar at St James’ Park after a succession of injuries and the Sunday Sun understands there are major doubts within the Toon hierarchy about whether he can make the step up.

A mooted loan move to an Eredivisie side over the summer collapsed after the player picked up an injury and he is yet to battle back into Alan Pardew’s plans despite a couple of reserve-team outings.

A loan or even permanent move away from St James’ Park is a possibility in January – despite him being regarded as one of the hottest prospects at the club just a year ago.

His agent Tibor Pataky insists the Hungary under-21 international, who turned heads with his composed style of play after signing for Newcastle, still wants to stay at St James’ Park. But he knows a loan move and a chance to show what he can do may be the only way back for the 21-year-old.

Kadar was one of the stars of the future, signed after being sourced by United’s former Executive Director (football) Dennis Wise in 2008.

And in January last year he looked set to make a breakthrough after a brilliant display in the FA Cup against Plymouth. But injuries and failure to progress at the rate the club hoped for seem to have cast doubt over his long-term prospects on Tyneside.

On a brighter note his performance in Turkey for Hungary’s under-21 side was promising – and the player is back fit.

Pataky told the Sunday Sun: “Yes, its true that there was a possibility for Tamas to move on loan during the last transfer window.

“He played really good games for Hungary under-21 in Toulon, he played against France and Mexico and lot of scouts liked him.

“We had interest in him from the top league in Holland, from Italy and from Germany, but unfortunately he picked up an injury in the pre-season so the deal collapsed.

“At this moment he is fit again and working very hard to reach the first team again. He played four games in the reserve team, where he is the captain, and showed a good performance in Turkey where he played with Hungary under-21.

“He would like to be in the first team squad of Newcastle United again, and working for it every single day.

“We will see what’s happening in the next few weeks and if there is no chance for him to play games in the first team than we will speak to Newcastle United about a loan possibility.”

I've said it before, really hope he steps it up. He would definitely be decent cover for CB.

• 3 weeks later...
Kadar Shoots For The Stars

By Dan Sheridan - Newcastle United Managing Editor

AFTER A TURBULENT 2011, YOUNG UNITED DEFENDER TAMAS KADAR IS BACK IN THE SWING OF THINGS AT RESERVE LEVEL AND IS AIMING FOR A FIRST TEAM RECALL OVER THE COMING MONTHS

The last ten months have not been the kindest to Tamas Kadar, with the Hungarian suffering a season-ending hamstring injury back in January just two games into a loan spell with Huddersfield.

Since his recovery, his fitness levels have gradually increased and after a starring role in the Toulon Tournament in France this summer, the 21-year-old is now a mainstay at the back for Newcastle's Reserves.

With the second-string enjoying a productive season and top spot in the Barclays Premier Reserve League after five wins out of six so far, the defender has recently been handed the captain's armband.

And now that the centre-back is back playing on a weekly basis, Kadar, who has made 18 senior appearances for the Club, is looking to play his way back into the first team picture.

He says: "I feel good in myself and I'm working very hard on my fitness programme so I can keep my strength up and hopefully push myself back into training with the first team.

"It's very hard to get back in because we are lucky enough to have some top defenders, plus my injuries haven't helped, but I'm feeling much fitter now, and that means I'm happy.

"I was out injured for six months earlier this year and that's a long time. I went to Huddersfield in January to get some first team football, but unfortunately I got injured very quickly.

"I then got together with my national team over the summer and played three games at the Toulon Tournament before starting pre-season with the first team squad here at Newcastle.

"So it hasn't been ideal for me this year, but I'm back and I feel strong. I've played almost every week and that can only help."

It was way back in January that former United star and current Huddersfield manager Lee Clark made the call to take Kadar to the Galpharm Stadium, and within 24 hours the former Zalaegerszeg man made his debut in a victory over Plymouth.

But disaster struck in the following fixture against Walsall, and as he explains, despite his disappointment at the time, the Magyar international is feeling better than ever.

"The problem at Huddersfield," he says, "was that I hadn't actually played any first team or Reserve football for a while, so I arrived there and I wasn't 100 per cent. But now my fitness levels are good and I'm feeling back to my best.

"The coaching staff here have done very well because even in the weeks where we don't have a league game, they have worked very hard to set up friendly fixtures, so we pretty much have a game every week.

"That works very well and keeps everyone fit and competitive, and we've also had lots of the first team lads playing for our Reserves as well.

"We've seen the likes of Dan Gosling, Davide Santon and James Perch play for us so they can get some game time and work on their match sharpness, and that helps when you are alongside players of their quality.

"But we try our best no matter who is in the team and hopefully we can keep our good start going. Having first team players in the Reserve team helps the younger lads because they can learn from their experience."

Following their eye-catching form since the start of the campaign, the Reserves' strong start mirrors that made by the Club's Academy, who find themselves joint-top of their division.

And while some regard their current position as a by-product of housing senior players, Kadar believes that the Club is now as one in its efforts to reach the top on every level.

"When first team players are involved," says Tamas, "it makes you work even harder because you have to perform to their level and that can only be good for the squad. Plus playing with good players makes you a better player.

"But with people like Haris (Vuckic) and Mehdi (Abeid), we feel like we have a very strong squad and everybody is working very hard to show people what they can do. As a group we understand each other and feel like we can beat anyone.

"It's also been very good to see some of the youngsters coming through and making a difference for the Reserves. We've seen Remie (Streete), who is just 17-years-old, and JJ (Hooper), who is 18, come in and do very well.

"I have also been captain of the Reserves for a few of the games this season, which makes me very pleased. But the most important thing is that I'm fit - and that makes me happier than anything.

"At every level of this Club, everyone knows what their job is and everyone is doing their job well. You can see that from the Academy all the way up to the first team.

"We are all doing the right things and to me, it doesn't feel like the Academy, Reserves and first team are separate at all. We are all together and it feels like we are all one big family."

Kadar is, of course, no stranger to the first team set-up at St. James' Park, having made over a dozen league appearances during the Club's successful promotion campaign in 2009/10.

And despite not figuring since the Carling Cup tie at Accrington Stanley last August, he appeared on the bench a handful of times in the Premier League and is determined to prove he is good enough all over again.

"All I can do is concentrate on this season and hopefully stay away from any injuries," says Kadar. "Playing every week and giving 100 per cent on the pitch is very helpful for me.

"I would love to start training with the first team again and that would be good, but first of all I have to concentrate on my fitness and show the manager what I can do for the Reserves.

"Hopefully he will like what he sees because I would very much like the chance to prove myself at the top level.

"This season we have been very good at the back and people like Coloccini and Steven Taylor have been brilliant. It helps that our defence has been the same for so many games.

"So it will be hard for me to break through but if I get my chance, I will do my very best and hopefully I can prove to the manager that I am good enough. And even if I am training with the Reserves, I will do exactly the same.

"I played a few times when we were in the Championship, which was good, but it just didn't happen for me last season.

"That meant that when the manager arrived, he didn't even get a chance to see me play because I was out, but this season I can hopefully avoid injuries and do my best.

"That is the key, and I have played in over ten games at different levels for the club and for my country this season, so that has been good for me and good for my fitness."

And on his international future with Hungary, who are now managed by former Under-21 boss Sándor Egervári, Kadar adds: "The manager told me that if I'm not playing for the first team or the Reserves then I wouldn't get a call-up.

"But he likes me because he was also the under-21 manager when I was with them so he knows me very well.

"Hungary are doing very well, so it's my job to prove how fit I am and hopefully they will pick me again. Playing for Newcastle and getting picked for my country is the best and it's what I dream of."

Hope the lad steps it up :thup:

Played full game yesterday and helped them keep a clean sheet :aww:

Defiantly got ability this lad. Just got to shake off niggling injuries that lots of young players get. See him more in the mould of Colo than S.Taylor.