Tamas Kadar

TRon

He played well and might give us another option if he can keep playing like that.  We could look at bringing Steve Taylor in at right back as he's better in that position than anybody else at the club.

true about taylor being the best right back at the club. he's also the best centre half andf organiser.

kadar showed little tonight to give confidence for his future. not writing him off as it's only been a couple of games but he doesn't inspire confidence either.

:nope:

I must say Colo's growing on me, man :pow:

In Colo's 9 games this season we've conceded only 4. In the 6 without him we've conceded 5.  :smitten:

true about taylor being the best right back at the club. he's also the best centre half andf organiser.

kadar showed little tonight to give confidence for his future. not writing him off as it's only been a couple of games but he doesn't inspire confidence either.

I thought that Kadar has a canny game and I can't remember feeling worried at all when he was defending.  I don't know what the stat's were but we seemed to play a lot in our own half, and we coped even though Harper had to pull off one exceptional save at the end.  I thought right back was our weakest link in defence so I would worry more about that position being filled than centre half.

right back also happened to be their strongest attacking point. kadars clearances were too often attempts to hit it hard which ever way he was facing and one particular jump for a ball that was obvious to everyone was going to bounce over his head (think it was him at least).

Guest Heneage

Wondering if he could do with a bit of bulk.

He just needs some first team games behind his belt imo. Despite early jitters, he handled the game well I thought.

It's not that which I'm unsure of. It's more playing against the bigger strikers the game has to offer. While ok you have Cannavaro who played at the top level despite being so small, but a bit of muscle and weight on him may not hurt.

Guest firetotheworks

Did everything right, cant ask for anything more. Some of his passing from defence was quite sneaky too. I enjoyed that.

There's a lot of buzz about youngsters in Hunagry right now since the U-20 WC and Tamás has been getting quite a lot of media attention here lately, most people rate him as one of the better players of his generation.

He's still very young though and has a lot to learn, his aerial ability is not up to the mark yet, but he seems to be good on the ball and made some good passing moves today, I hope he can keep up his form and improve.

I thought the kid was excellent tonight considering it was only his second full game against a desperate side.

Tactically, Hughton played into their hands, especially the last 20 minutes and conceeded the space in midfield. Thios put unnecessary pressure on the defence and Kadar came through with flying colours.

I think he would be immense in a back 3, especailly with Taylor and Collocini. Liked his coolness in the ball too and can nly see improvement ahead if he is given a long run in the team.

Same applies to Ranger too. He must start games now. I thought he was excellent when he came on too and almost created a chance with his first touch.

Now is the time to start this lad alongside Carroll.

At last people seem to be coming round to the idea of blooding good young players into the side.

Long may it continue. Footballing defenders are a rare breed. This lad is one of them.

We dont need old head loan signings (Kishwotsename etc) when we have kids of this calibre dying to get their chance.

Tavernier looks like he could step up also if required.

Thought he looked solid last night, has a very odd running style but it works  ;D as someone said, if you have young players of this quality you should be giving them a chance over loan signings, especially ones who have no future with us after there loan period ends, same applys for Harewood/Ranger

What I liked last night was the way the senior players always encouraged him. There was a moment in the first half where he played a shocking long ball over Nolan's head which went straight to the keeper, but Nolan turned around, suggested where he should have aimed for and applauded him anyway, and Coloccini went over to him and gave him a pat on the back for the idea as well. Think this sort of things been lacking from senior players in the past when kids try and make their breakthrough in the side but there's seems a togetherness now.

Guest optimistic nit

looks solid but had 2-3 crazy moments in the opening half an hour (trying to dribble his way out of defence when surrounded by 4 players being one of them :lol: . seemed confident though and i didn't notice him after about half an hour except when making a couple of good challenges which is usually a good sign.

while we're talking about dodgy defending why do we insist on passing the ball around in the box like it is a training game and anyone else think it speaks volumes for the carroll and nolan partnership that collicini is better at staying onside than either of them are?