Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lets see how arsed you are when they ask for more space and the stadium is covered head to toe in Sports direct gunk.

well you don't seem to bothered wearing "northern rock" across your chest whilst probably sitting in the newcastle brown stand.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Its not just advertising SD. Its highlighting that abomination of a Stadium name.

They're not changing the stadium name, unless I missed something.

Lets see how arsed you are when they ask for more space and the stadium is covered head to toe in Sports direct gunk.

well you don't seem to bothered wearing "northern rock" across your chest whilst probably sitting in the newcastle brown stand.

I dont have a newcastle shirt, so yeah i do mind.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Don't have a Toon shirt and you're from the North-East? That must make you a... MACKEM!  :frantic:

Its not just advertising SD. Its highlighting that abomination of a Stadium name.

Derek: "It was always going to be "@ SJP""

Hmm, think people are jumping the gun here. You saw how quickly they backed down why they suggested it last time.

Guest malandro

Don't have a Toon shirt and you're from the North-East? That must make you a... MACKEM!  :frantic:

Derek: "It was always going to be "@ SJP""

Hmm, think people are jumping the gun here. You saw how quickly they backed down why they suggested it last time.

Did they back down? I don’t recall them ever saying the idea had been dropped, do you?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I don't care too much really. Tacky yes, but there's more to worry about on the field than things like this.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Didn't they try it for a week and then it was never heard of again? Sure it was why this very thread even started.

Didn't they try it for a week and then it was never heard of again? Sure it was why this very thread even started.

The planning application shows signs on the front of the Milburn Stand reading "SPORTSDIRECT.com @ St James' Park"

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx240/TownPlanningNE/Misc/sdsjp3.jpg

OK, I've had a look at the application documents, and given what they are asking for, no group with planning powers will have grounds to object.

The onus is on local residents voicing an opposition that will have to be considered at the Planning Committee. If you live in Newcastle, phone up case officer Matthew Storey on 0191 2115654 and find out when the committee meeting is and when responses need to be sent in. Then pass on to NUSC. This is something they should be sorting.

I would advise that any comments that come in should focus more on the area's heritage and beauty rather than from a footballing perspective. I would also strongly discourage any non-locals or non-ST holders from making comments, strong LOCAL opposition will have stronger resonance with the councillors.

If someone has a good reason why these signs should not be permitted let everyone else know so it can be included in responses. Just bear in mind that a final decision would likely be made by the planning inspectorate who are objective, non-local and would therefore need a rational policy based reason for objection.

However despite all this my professional opinion is that we won't be able to prevent planning permission being granted.

Guest malandro

However despite all this my professional opinion is that we won't be able to prevent planning permission being granted.

Good. Last thing we ought to be doing is trying to close down revenue streams for the club.

How much money do you see this bringing in?

Good. Last thing we ought to be doing is trying to close down revenue streams for the club.

No idea.

Guest malandro

No idea.

Have a guess.

No idea.

Have a guess.

Why? I haven't got a clue what this kind of advertising might be worth to the right company. Obviously the club thinks it's enough to be worth the bother. As long as we're still making a loss, whatever comes in, is good.

No idea.

Have a guess.

Why? I haven't got a clue what this kind of advertising might be worth to the right company. Obviously the club thinks it's enough to be worth the bother. As long as we're still making a loss, whatever comes in, is good.

It is going to be Sports Direct based on what is included in the application. Therefore sponsorship won't get sold to anyone.

Guest malandro

No idea.

Have a guess.

I don't see the problem. Its just a few advertisements, isn't it?

Would you like a Sports Direct Billboard erected outside your house?

No idea.

Have a guess.

It is going to be Sports Direct based on what is included in the application. Therefore sponsorship won't get sold to anyone.

Nah, that'll just be a placeholder. They're obviously hoping to sell the space.

No idea.

Have a guess.

I don't see the problem. Its just a few advertisements, isn't it?

Would you like a Sports Direct Billboard erected outside your house?

It isn't his fucking house though is it?

No idea.

Have a guess.

Nah, that'll just be a placeholder. They're obviously hoping to sell the space.

I look at these applications every day, and this is for a fixed design.