Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

is that it ? 3 quite small sports direct signs on the gallowgate end and 3 on the milburn.

Disgraceful innit. :lol:

Hopefully we'll get some money from it at least.

why would we get any money for sports direct signs? looks like free advertising space for them.

Why wouldn't we, we are seperate companies. Besides I think the plan is for other companies to pick up the naming rights, the images on the plans may well be just just placeholders.

How much did SD pay for the advertising inside the ground?

£1,900,000

Guest malandro

is that it ? 3 quite small sports direct signs on the gallowgate end and 3 on the milburn.

Disgraceful innit. :lol:

Hopefully we'll get some money from it at least.

why would we get any money for sports direct signs? looks like free advertising space for them.

Why wouldn't we, we are seperate companies. Besides I think the plan is for other companies to pick up the naming rights, the images on the plans may well be just just placeholders.

How much did SD pay for the advertising inside the ground?

£1,900,000

source?

If this really a big deal?

I don't like it. Not going to fucking apologise for that fact.

I hate advertising full stop and can't stand the sportsdirect.com logo, but if that is all the stadium name change extends to it's a bit of a relief tbf. Would rather it didn't obviously, but hope we are able to get a decent sponsor and some decent cash for it if it happens.

What makes you think we'll get another sponsor? The club obviously had no interest in the last ten months or they wouldn't be doing this.

Guest malandro

I don't like it. Not going to f***ing apologise for that fact.

I hate advertising full stop and can't stand the sportsdirect.com logo, but if that is all the stadium name change extends to it's a bit of a relief tbf. Would rather it didn't obviously, but hope we are able to get a decent sponsor and some decent cash for it if it happens.

What makes you think we'll get another sponsor? The club obviously had no interest in the last ten months or they wouldn't be doing this.

This. I wouldn’t be surprised if this application was part of a wider renaming project.

The main bugbear for me is the fact it'll look shit and won't benefit us financially. If some other company was pumping £5m a year into the club to have the name plastered all over the shop I wouldn't really mind. It's the fact we'll have the advertising with none/little(?) of the cash coming in.

All based on the assumption that Ashley won't be digging too deep to make this happen obviously.

I deal with these type of planning applications every day from a road safety perspective, but I've picked up other stuff by learning from the outcomes. I'll have a close look, see if I can see anything.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The main bugbear for me is the fact it'll look shit and won't benefit us financially. If some other company was pumping £5m a year into the club to have the name plastered all over the shop I wouldn't really mind. It's the fact we'll have the advertising with none/little(?) of the cash coming in.

All based on the assumption that Ashley won't be digging too deep to make this happen obviously.

It opens the door though for future negotiations with companies to advertise. If they've been trying this Summer and no ones bit, its probably because they didn't have planning permission to put signs up. So business are thinking; well, why should we bother?

Its wrong.

so the blue star logo on the top must've been ?

Newcastle brewries never plastered their crap all over the stadium.  They paid for the shirt sponsor (and paid for KK), dont tell me you aint offended by that hidious sports direct sign on the gallowgate?

Guest malandro

Its wrong.

That was a design classic with strong connections with the city. The SD Logo isn’t and hasn’t.

Its wrong.

Newcastle brewries never plastered their crap all over the stadium.  They paid for the shirt sponsor (and paid for KK), dont tell me you aint offended by that hidious sports direct sign on the gallowgate?

i honestly couldn't give a toss, like i said i'm surprised at how small they are, plus i'd much rather have advertising on the ground than on the strip.

Its wrong.

That was a design classic with strong connections with the city. The SD Logo isn’t and hasn’t.

it was a corporate logo that we wore for money,as we did with greenalls and others.

Guest malandro

Its wrong.

Madras is obviously a man with no sense of style. Probably buys his jeans from Asda.

couldnt give a shit tbh. not because i support it, just that i dont think it is that important.

You'd support Ashley if he plastered pictures of his cock all over the stadium to be fair. Anyone but Shepherd for you.

It opens the door though for future negotiations with companies to advertise. If they've been trying this Summer and no ones bit, its probably because they didn't have planning permission to put signs up. So business are thinking; well, why should we bother?

its this,  showing other possible advertisers what can be done.

Soz gimp btw, im with maddy on this one.

I don't like it. Not going to f***ing apologise for that fact.

This. I wouldn’t be surprised if this application was part of a wider renaming project.

Love your conspiracies. :pow:

Dave, do you seriously not think that actually having planning in place, being in the Prem, and losing the black cloud over the club in the national media with performances like last weekends doesn't make a difference in attracting sponsorship?