Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest malandro

However despite all this my professional opinion is that we won't be able to prevent planning permission being granted.

Good. Last thing we ought to be doing is trying to close down revenue streams for the club.

How much money do you see this bringing in?

No idea.

Have a guess.

Why? I haven't got a clue what this kind of advertising might be worth to the right company. Obviously the club thinks it's enough to be worth the bother. As long as we're still making a loss, whatever comes in, is good.

I don't see the problem. Its just a few advertisements, isn't it?

Would you like a Sports Direct Billboard erected outside your house?

It isn't his f***ing house though is it?

So fucking what?

However despite all this my professional opinion is that we won't be able to prevent planning permission being granted.

Good. Last thing we ought to be doing is trying to close down revenue streams for the club.

No idea.

Have a guess.

Why? I haven't got a clue what this kind of advertising might be worth to the right company. Obviously the club thinks it's enough to be worth the bother. As long as we're still making a loss, whatever comes in, is good.

I don't see the problem. Its just a few advertisements, isn't it?

Would you like a Sports Direct Billboard erected outside your house?

It isn't his f***ing house though is it?

So f***ing what?

You asked him if he'd like it erected outside his house, that's what.  Total non-sequiteur

Guest neesy111

OTT reaction here, if anyone owned a business they would advertise it heavily around whatever property they owned within reason.  It's 6 signs that's it.

OTT reaction here, if anyone owned a business they would advertise it heavily around whatever property they owned within reason.  It's 6 signs that's it.

Ashley doesn't own Sports Direct, if they advertise then they should pay, if they pay the going rate then I'm not bothered.

No idea.

Have a guess.

It is going to be Sports Direct based on what is included in the application. Therefore sponsorship won't get sold to anyone.

Nah, that'll just be a placeholder. They're obviously hoping to sell the space.

I look at these applications every day, and this is for a fixed design.

Show us (or quote us or whatever) the bit that says that.

I can see why planning permission is needed to erect a billboard. I'd need some convincing that every design it was used to display required a further, separate permission.

Guest neesy111

Ashley doesn't own Sports Direct, if they advertise then they should pay, if they pay the going rate then I'm not bothered.

:facepalm: He has a controlling stake in the business, and he's executive chairman

:facepalm: He has a controlling stake in the business, and he's executive chairman

He said should pay, not will

I know that he's the major shareholder, he's not the owner and they should pay the going rate if they are to advertise.

Guest malandro

I know that he's the major shareholder, he's not the owner and they should pay the going rate if they are to advertise.

And do you think they will?

No idea.

Have a guess.

It is going to be Sports Direct based on what is included in the application. Therefore sponsorship won't get sold to anyone.

I can see why planning permission is needed to erect a billboard. I'd need some convincing that every design it was used to display required a further, separate permission.

It is in the application form. They are applying for red and blue letters on a white background for each one. The pictorial one would have to be agreed with the council as a planning condition.

You know Argos changed all their signs recently for a modern design? These all had to have new planning permissions and were verysimilar to the planning application we see here.

No idea.

Have a guess.

It is in the application form. They are applying for red and blue letters on a white background for each one. The pictorial one would have to be agreed with the council as a planning condition.

You know Argos changed all their signs recently for a modern design? These all had to have new planning permissions and were verysimilar to the planning application we see here.

OK. I'll take your word for it. Seems weird, though. How could they ever sell the naming rights, if use of the buying company's logo was subject to subsequent planning permission?

Guest neesy111

Looks tacky as f***, daft c***s.

buy the club or the business if your not happy

:facepalm:

Your reasoning for people not to complain is that if they're not happy they should buy the club or sports direct? Really?

People are only complaining of the advertising because it's Ashley, imagine if Ryanair bought the rights it would be exactly the same, and their wouldn't be 1/2 of the people on here wouldn't be complaining

No idea.

Have a guess.

OK. I'll take your word for it. Seems weird, though. How could they ever sell the naming rights, if use of the buying company's logo was subject to subsequent planning permission?

In determining advertisement consent applications the local authority can only take into account 'amenity' and 'public safety'. The content of the sign can not be considered. So, unless for reasons of amenity or public safety a condition restricting the detailed design of the sign has been attached to the consent (which I have personally never seen done), and as long as the size/illumination of the sign does not change, the content can be changed without consent.

Guest malandro

Looks tacky as f***, daft c***s.

buy the club or the business if your not happy

:facepalm:

Your reasoning for people not to complain is that if they're not happy they should buy the club or sports direct? Really?

People are only complaining of the advertising because it's Ashley, imagine if Ryanair bought the rights it would be exactly the same, and their wouldn't be 1/2 of the people on here wouldn't be complaining

If it was RyanAir we could be sure they were paying the market rate.

Personally I’d be pissed off if it was any company. I want SJP to look like a football ground not the side of a bus.

It will be filth direct, low payment maxiumum advertising space, with little in it for NUFC itself.

We'll be having none of that realistic approach here mate. Only "buy the club if you're not happy" shite! lol

Be fair mate, it's a cracking response. There literally is nothing you can say to something that dumb. :lol: