Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could further legitimise payements between SportsDirect and Newcastle United? Allows Ashley put some of the gains from one business into another.

If you're talking about transfer funding, not a chance.  The two businesses are likely ring-fenced from one another, with several liability, and any payments would be at market value (or an undervalue).

As bad as I think of those plans of putting some SD.com signs all over SJP - it could be much worse.

He could let paint the whole stadium into blue/white/red, for example.  :lol:

Chances are that sponsors are not knocking down the door to advertise there, otherwise it would be a valuable source of revenue, given how many of our games that Sky is likely to show.  I'd wager that they'll stay until a better offer comes along.

You think ? It's outside the ground isn't it ? Not much in terms of your advert appearing on sky so really appeal wouldn't be that high I wouldn't think.

Guest secteur2010

For gods sake get over it people.  It's just advertising!

Correct.

Actually I've just seen the plans. I retract my last post.

Man, that looks shocking what is being proposed. All for advertising WITHIN the stadium but not on the outside. It's like buying a council house and throwing brick cladding on it and thinking "It's worth a few bob more, now".

It's not and it never will be.

I sometimes wonder how a genius like me can be so skint when total know nowts can make millions and STILL f*** IT UP!!!!!!!

The way they were downplaying it when they started going about the @ symbol I thought they were suggesting more along the lines of

SPORTSDIRECT.COM@

ST JAMES' PARK

Not

SPORTSDIRECT.COM

@ST JAMES' PARK

Like in those plans

Ashley would be dumb not to let SD pay the going rate because he doesn't own the whole of SD, but he does own the whole of NUFC. It's like transferring money from someone else's pocket (the other shareholders) into his own pocket (the club coffers). I think he's smart enough to do that.

The way they were downplaying it when they started going about the @ symbol I thought they were suggesting more along the lines of

SPORTSDIRECT.COM@

ST JAMES' PARK

Not

SPORTSDIRECT.COM

@ST JAMES' PARK

Like in those plans

How long before the @ ST JAMES' PARK gets smaller and smaller then disappears altogether?

Guest guinness_fiend

SPORTSDIRECT.COM@

ST JAMES' PARK

Not

SPORTSDIRECT.COM

@ST JAMES' PARK

Like in those plans

How long before the @ ST JAMES' PARK gets smaller and smaller then disappears altogether?

The answer to your question is yes, you do.

SPORTSDIRECT.COM@

ST JAMES' PARK

Not

SPORTSDIRECT.COM

@ST JAMES' PARK

Like in those plans

sideboard, jelly tots, bermuda  as we seem to be stringing random words together

Guest guinness_fiend

SPORTSDIRECT.COM@

ST JAMES' PARK

Not

SPORTSDIRECT.COM

@ST JAMES' PARK

Like in those plans

sideboard, jelly tots, bermuda  as we seem to be stringing random words together

Whoosh.

Does out ever shock you anymore with this c*** in charge? He is the UKs sports biggest retailer yet none of the big 2 wanted to make his clubs strip. He cant even flog the naming right for SJP. 

Well you know what you can do? Buy the club and distribute them yourself rather than sitting on your arse complaining.

Get a grip sunbeam.

Guest Brummiemag

Our transformation into Wigan is almost complete

Correct, except Wigan are a club punching above their weight whilst we are punching way below ours

Guest thenorthumbrian

The fcb just goes from one act of idiocy to another.

SJP will look like a tacky superstore not a true football stadium - and the heartbeat of a city in many peoples eyes.