Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think it's worse because it looks to be actually physically painted on the roof - raping our beautiful stadium.

:kasper: actually painted? God. I've bought some fantastic aerial pictures of SJP over the years, such a shame there's gonna be none for a while now. And if it's still there next season, aerial shots used on TV on football shows are gonna have it in. Ugh.

I don't know for sure, maybe they're using some sort of adhesive panels.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think it's worse because it looks to be actually physically painted on the roof - raping our beautiful stadium.

:kasper: actually painted? God. I've bought some fantastic aerial pictures of SJP over the years, such a shame there's gonna be none for a while now. And if it's still there next season, aerial shots used on TV on football shows are gonna have it in. Ugh.

Pretty sure that's what the braintrust at Sports Direct had in mind. How long to you give it before some drunken loon stumbles out of the Strawberry, climbs to the top and tries to paint over it at 3am in the morning? Gazza, I'm looking at you here.

I don't know for sure, maybe they're using some sort of adhesive panels.

It looked very much like they were painting it when I took the picture.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was in town today and didn't notice anything. Wasn't looking out for anything either like so it might've passed me by.

Did you parachute in?

Im not getting my pants in a twist over this. Looks tacky but so what, the "world famous Kop" has a McDonalds sign on it doesn't it?

I hope Sports Direct are paying the club for the privilege of doing this.

I think it's more likely to be a proof of concept for Ashley's mad scheme to sell ground sponsorship and naming rights.

He's hoping that when companies see it in action, they will want in.

What an absolute bastard this man is. He obviously had no intention of getting other companies involved and has only bought the club to advertise his business

Yeah that's exactly what he's done.

Guest Stephen927

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:CKQ9H9XjVhu3QM:http://www.wspgroup.co.uk/upload/images/Projects/St%20James%20Park%20NUFC,%20Newcastle,%20UK%2001.jpg&t=1

Once great sight has now been tarnished. It's ugly, but I'd be interested to know how much money this can potentially generate for the club. This is the way the game is going I'm afraid.

What an absolute bastard this man is. He obviously had no intention of getting other companies involved and has only bought the club to advertise his business

There are slightly cheaper ways of doing that. :lol:

:lol: What an amazing business plan if true though.

Guest Mucky01

Would rather they weren't there but I'm not too arsed about this. If it attracts companies in to sponsor us then cool.

have you noticed that they’ve taken the word ‘gullible’ out of the dictionary too — go ahead and check.

I don't give a fuck what anyone says; the bloke (Ashley) is a fucking tacky common cunt.

Oh no, a supporter has dared to voice his opinion against the current owner of our beloved club :frantic: Fuck that!

What a despicable cunt he is. A cunt of the highest order. That's not a business plan to sell the fucking roof for painting. Shit-bag nob-jockey twat.

Fuck off it's the way football is. Clubs who make far more than us manage to keep class and dignity.

Fat fucking cunt. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

So... You're on the fence about this?