Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i don't think people would be too bothered if it was a different company, still seems strange to me that they'll kick up about signage they'll see for about 5 mins on their way to the ground but aren't bothered about the advertising round the pitch which is in view for a lot longer or advertising on the strip. if it's worth money other clubs will do the same soon enough.

i don't think people would be too bothered if it was a different company, still seems strange to me that they'll kick up about signage they'll see for about 5 mins on their way to the ground but aren't bothered about the advertising round the pitch which is in view for a lot longer or advertising on the strip. if it's worth money other clubs will do the same soon enough.

We don't want that common sense approach around here.

Guest malandro

Would you and LLL be in favour of changing the name of the club to Mr Porky’s Pork Scratchings FC if it brought in a few quid?

Would you and LLL be in favour of changing the name of the club to Mr Porky’s Pork Scratchings FC if it brought in a few quid?

Depends if we also got free Mr Porky's Pork Scratchings FC branded Pork Scratchings from Mr Porky? O0

United managing director Derek Llambias spoke in his programme notes about the City Council’s decision to grant planning permission for signs above St James’.

He said: “We were pleased with Newcastle City Council’s decision to grant planning permission for signs displaying naming rights opportunities at St James’.

“At a time when some clubs face the threat of bankruptcy, the board at Newcastle have done much to improve the club’s financial stability in recent years and are committed to ensuring long-term security.

“In doing so, it is essential that the club explores all avenues of potential revenue. The sale of the naming rights will provide significant additional income that will be used to strengthen the team.

Hmm.

United managing director Derek Llambias spoke in his programme notes about the City Councils decision to grant planning permission for signs above St James.

He said: We were pleased with Newcastle City Councils decision to grant planning permission for signs displaying naming rights opportunities at St James.

At a time when some clubs face the threat of bankruptcy, the board at Newcastle have done much to improve the clubs financial stability in recent years and are committed to ensuring long-term security.

In doing so, it is essential that the club explores all avenues of potential revenue. The sale of the naming rights will provide significant additional income that will be used to strengthen the team.

Hmm.

my thoughts exactly,  if thats the case why not come out and say we are getting X amount per year from sports direct.

United managing director Derek Llambias spoke in his programme notes about the City Councils decision to grant planning permission for signs above St James.

He said: We were pleased with Newcastle City Councils decision to grant planning permission for signs displaying naming rights opportunities at St James.

At a time when some clubs face the threat of bankruptcy, the board at Newcastle have done much to improve the clubs financial stability in recent years and are committed to ensuring long-term security.

In doing so, it is essential that the club explores all avenues of potential revenue. The sale of the naming rights will provide significant additional income that will be used to strengthen the team.

Hmm.

my thoughts exactly,  if thats the case why not come out and say we are getting X amount per year from sports direct.

Because they haven't sold the naming rights to Sports Direct, they've put the signs up in order to sell the naming rights.

United managing director Derek Llambias spoke in his programme notes about the City Council’s decision to grant planning permission for signs above St James’.

He said: “We were pleased with Newcastle City Council’s decision to grant planning permission for signs displaying naming rights opportunities at St James’.

“At a time when some clubs face the threat of bankruptcy, the board at Newcastle have done much to improve the club’s financial stability in recent years and are committed to ensuring long-term security.

“In doing so, it is essential that the club explores all avenues of potential revenue. The sale of the naming rights will provide significant additional income that will be used to strengthen the team.

Hmm.

Because they haven't sold the naming rights to Sports Direct, they've put the signs up in order to sell the naming rights.

i read after the approval had been given that the guy who went to the council meeting on behalf of nufc said sports direct were the only bidders

Hmm.

i read after the approval had been given that the guy who went to the council meeting on behalf of nufc said sports direct were the only bidders

Yeah, because they haven't yet sold the naming rights.

Hmm.

The hysteria of the Geordie nation, fuelled by a salivating press didn't do much to help attract potential bidders.

Once it's settles down the interest level will rise.

Hmm.

I get the feeling we were never really looking to sell them as at the time the number empty corporate boxes looked at record high so the corporate £££'s were clearly not there & are still not at the levels they were.