Are you really going to make a stand?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would hope that the players would know what the hostility is for and who it is aimed at. Surely they can't be sitting that daft in their ivory towers? I bet most of them hate him too secretly for the way he has ****ed them about as much as us.

I would hope that the players would know what the hostility is for and who it is aimed at. Surely they can't be sitting that daft in their ivory towers? I bet most of them hate him too secretly for the way he has ****ed them about as much as us.

quite possibly but if you think they are affected by support then we should support them during the game.

if you don't think they are affected by support then don't sing or chant or shout from now on.

So what happens when we're midtable and the rest of our decent players bugger off because they hate performing in such a hostile atmosphere?

:lol: You are taking the piss, aye? If the dropping a division wasn't enough to make them want away i'm certain a bit of a nasty atmos, especially when not directed at them, will have little or no effect.

I would also like to believe our players are savvy enough to have looked at the current situation at the club and formulated an opinion based on what they see before them - that opinion being "Mike Ashley is an arsehole who couldn't run a bath" and they'll understand the fans feelings.

Obviously though it's much easier to assume that we're going to lose every match if anyone ever raises their voice in anger towards Messers Ashley and Llambias because we had a game last season where we were none to happy with them and guess what? We lost. Scratch the fact that our form for the rest of the season, when there were no protests, was just as poor and that the performance or lack of it on the day was probably down to the upheaval of the popular Keegan leaving and players not knowing what the fuck was going on because it was those bloody protesters with their bloody banners.

Christ, this place is hardly Mensa, is it :lol:

quite possibly but if you think they are affected by support then we should support them during the game.

if you don't think they are affected by support then don't sing or chant or shout from now on.

Maybe the players could join in, and they'd be part of the gang. :smug:

if they join in then i will.

Nah. Wait for Ashley to join up and you'll be on solid ground.

Nah. Wait for Ashley to join up and you'll be on solid ground.

that'll be everyone though and i can't go along with everyone. wheres the argument in that ?

He takes us for a bunch of mugs who'll sing a few nasty songs before buying the latest kit and a pie and pint before settling down to watch the match.

Tin hat on, but doesn't that describe a good proportion of the supporters?

Guest toonlass

So what happens when we're midtable and the rest of our decent players bugger off because they hate performing in such a hostile atmosphere?

Oh the poor wee lambs eh? Are they men or are the mice? They all know that the bad feeling is not towards them, it shouldn't affect them.

I'm hardly complaining, the thirty-odd percent who said they weren't going to protest were asked why and I've given my reasons. Ashley is already comfortable, in his club statements he's said how much he regrets buying the club and how unhappy he is.

If I felt something could be done to help remove him I would take part, a protest however will not. Ashley knows how angry we all are, he's hardly going to run at the first sight of a chanting crowd.

Like I've said in my both my previous posts I hope I'm proved wrong. Good luck to all those who take part.

The relegation was a kick in the stones, but a lot of fans didn't even issue a murmer of dissent. And this is supposed to be a proud club. A club that has seen generations of families go up to St James' Park to see the lads play. It unites my great-grandad, grandad, dad, brothers, me and our kids to be Newcastle supporters. My grandad is 87 and only gave his season ticket up when Ashley came into the club. This club was renowned for a having proud fans, who worked hard, suffered hard conditions and drank hard, and we loved our club.

I know it's cherry picking, but I don't follow this line of argument. There was some dissent towards Ashley (granted no protests etc.) but I was personally quite 'proud' of the way our fans handled relegation. The toys weren't thrown out of the pram and the stands weren't full of people crying; we just accepted that our team wasn't good enough and continued to support them.

Out of interest, at what point did your grandad actually give his season up? Was it when Ashley actually arrived? Most people were at least fairly supportive of him for a good while at the start.

Oh the poor wee lambs eh? Are they men or are the mice? They all know that the bad feeling is not towards them, it shouldn't affect them.

Some of it's towards them. Harewood got roundly booed the other day. I'm sure you've complained about others not helping you create a good atmosphere in the ground a few times, do you do this purely because it's more fun with a good atmosphere or is there an element of it helping the team?

Also, whether or not it should affect them is a moot point, what counts is whether it will affect them.

Guest toonlass

The relegation was a kick in the stones, but a lot of fans didn't even issue a murmer of dissent. And this is supposed to be a proud club. A club that has seen generations of families go up to St James' Park to see the lads play. It unites my great-grandad, grandad, dad, brothers, me and our kids to be Newcastle supporters. My grandad is 87 and only gave his season ticket up when Ashley came into the club. This club was renowned for a having proud fans, who worked hard, suffered hard conditions and drank hard, and we loved our club.

I know it's cherry picking, but I don't follow this line of argument. There was some dissent towards Ashley (granted no protests etc.) but I was personally quite 'proud' of the way our fans handled relegation. The toys weren't thrown out of the pram and the stands weren't full of people crying; we just accepted that our team wasn't good enough and continued to support them.

Out of interest, at what point did your grandad actually give his season up? Was it when Ashley actually arrived? Most people were at least fairly supportive of him for a good while at the start.

Yup the summer he arrived. But if I am honest he gave it up, not at a protest to Ashley, but because he was getting on, and has given up his drivers licence and didn't fancy the bus ride from Amble in his 80's.  :lol: Bless him, he is a real character, and I love hearing him talk about the 50's and supporting the Toon. Halcion days indeed.

Guest toonlass

Some of it's towards them. Harewood got roundly booed the other day. I'm sure you've complained about others not helping you create a good atmosphere in the ground a few times, do you do this purely because it's more fun with a good atmosphere or is there an element of it helping the team?

Also, whether or not it should affect them is a moot point, what counts is whether it will affect them.

No point in me answering this. You know the answer.

So you reckon crossing the 'picket line' when they arrive on a Saturday lunchtime or performing to an empty stadium or having to play through round choruses o boos and anger and anti-Ashley chants will make them win every game?

It might be alright at first but then they'll get more and more uncomfortable and soon most will want out, fucking up our season well and truly. I dunno about you but some things are bigger than Ashley, and for me it's a return to the PL

So you reckon crossing the 'picket line' when they arrive on a Saturday lunchtime or performing to an empty stadium or having to play through round choruses o boos and anger and anti-Ashley chants will make them win every game?

It might be alright at first but then they'll get more and more uncomfortable and soon most will want out, fucking up our season well and truly. I dunno about you but some things are bigger than Ashley, and for me it's a return to the PL

There's also an argument to say that type of short termism is going to be more detrimental to the club because it's not going to solve anything. It'll just see us become a yo-yo club at best and us slip down the leagues at worst.

If rocking the boat now means the Fat Man falls overboard but it takes a little longer to reach our destination then i'll be doing my best to make it sway a bit.

No point in me answering this. You know the answer.

???

I assume it helps the team...it would be a reasonable inference to believe that a negative atmosphere would be worse than silence as it would increase pressure on the players regardless of whether it was directed at them or not. Also, in an angry environment the fans would be far more likely to turn on the players if the game doesn't start well.

For the record I'm all for as much as possible being done to make fatty uncomfortable...I just can't work out how it would happen. At the end of the day my priority is seeing the team do well over getting Ashley out, although I'm well aware the two are intrinsically linked.

I think the best we can do is to get an atmosphere outside the ground for an hour or two before kick off and an hour or two after...problem is the organisation and getting people to change their long standing match day (pub) rituals that for many will be the highlight of the day and one of the main reasons they still go.

Guest icemanblue

What a pile of shite.

Do you really think that's the reason our players would want to leave??! Because fans are angry at the owner who has left their squad wafer thin, run the place like a circus, given them 4 different managers to play under and second tier football?!

Someone comes in for Enrique and he buggers off, you really think it'll be because people shouted nasty stuff at Mike Ashley? I imagine the players were pretty pissed off at the lack of investment in the squad themselves.

Guest Heneage

It might be alright at first but then they'll get more and more uncomfortable and soon most will want out, f***ing up our season well and truly. I dunno about you but some things are bigger than Ashley, and for me it's a return to the PL

What a pile of s****.

Is what I tend to think reading most of your posts.

Johnny is right, why should we be causing more trouble. He won't change the name back, we haven't lost St James Park, it's kist edited slightly. The players clearly have been bothered by off field problems and they've stated as much in interviews about wanting clarity of manager and situation. By having a protest you achieve nothing more than disharmony. There's a time and a place to voice concerns and it's not now.