2010 World Cup - England in group C with USA/Algeria/Slovenia (full draw in OP)

Ketsbaia

Spain and Brazil are clear favourites, as everyone says, but beyond them England, Holland, Germany and Italy will have a chance.  Argentina and France seem to be in disarray.

The World Cup is largely a knock-out competition, so although it goes in the end to one of the big guns, it's not easy to predict beyond that. The winner has to a) peak at the right time and b) have a little bit of luck, because the odds are that they will need to get through at least one penalty shoot out.

Holland aren't good enough?  Holland will probably choke as usual but I don't think you can say they aren't good enough.  Van Persie, Sneijder and Robben are all class.

3 players out of 23, that's us told.

;D

Also, the only times a winner has come from a different continent to the host were in 1958 (Brazil) and 2002 (Brazil). So either an African team wins, or Brazil!!

So you're counting USA to South America then?

Touche. I thought it was a crazy stat haha. Brazil again though!! Where does Mexico class as?? If its not South America then its Brazil again and Argentina.

Pretty rubbish stat now you mention it  ;D

Holland aren't good enough?  Holland will probably choke as usual but I don't think you can say they aren't good enough.  Van Persie, Sneijder and Robben are all class.

Three world class players in one team ain't bad.  No doubt Coloccini could handle them all though.

Holland aren't good enough? Holland will probably choke as usual but I don't think you can say they aren't good enough. Van Persie, Sneijder and Robben are all class.

Three world class players in one team ain't bad. No doubt Coloccini could handle them all though.

:laugh:

Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand and Terry aren't world class?

All I said was that Holland are hardly 'not good enough.'  They had a 100% record in qualification didn't they?  ???  Considering teams with less than three world class players have won major tournaments its hardly the wildest claim to say Holland would be in with a shout.

Everyone is in comedian mode tonight it seems though.

Once the seedings and the draw have been made it'll be easier to pick some shocks, everybody backed Ivory Coast to go far in 06 then they got drawn with Argentina and Holland, which was a shame.

Considering South Africa will be one of the top seeds, that should make at least 1 group a bit random, especially as they are toss.

Spain beat Brazil 3-2 in the final, Torres getting the golden boot. England are knocked out in the round of 16 on penalties to surprise package Algeria, who go on to win the third place play-off match against Italy.

Not as good as World Cup 98 but still pretty watchable. 7/10