2010 World Cup - England in group C with USA/Algeria/Slovenia (full draw in OP)

Ketsbaia

when's the draw?

Friday, 1715 GMT on BBC2 I think.

17:45 according to article above.

How come the they are playing at such shit times though? They should move the two early kick offs one hour later at least, fuck the massive gap between the second and third game.

Ah right. That sort of time, anyway.

Am I the only one who isn't too unhappy about the kick-off times?

Since I've got leave booked for every early kick off I couldn't care less when they are.  :coolsmiley:

I just think they're bad because you won't be able to make a decent evening out of watching football. Nowt like bringing your mates over or going to the pub to watch a couple of games in succession, the break between the second and third game ruins this for me.

Guest Geordiesned

when's the draw?

How come the they are playing at such shit times though? They should move the two early kick offs one hour later at least, fuck the massive gap between the second and third game.

Since I've got leave booked for every early kick off I couldn't care less when they are.  :coolsmiley:

I just think they're bad because you won't be able to make a decent evening out of watching football. Nowt like bringing your mates over or going to the pub to watch a couple of games in succession, the break between the second and third game ruins this for me.

I know what you mean although it does give me a chance to make a eat dinner between games without missing any action. Would still prefer a shorter gap of 1.5 hours max though.

Guest Geordiesned

Speaking of getting leave booked in early for the World Cup, what's everyone else doing?

I got in early as I know that as soon as the dates and kick off times of the England games are known there'll be women and gays at work wanting to book leave to watch them despite not even being able to name 5 of the players. The actual football fans will end up getting shafted and declined leave as too many people are already off.

Not that I'm bitter after the 2006 World Cup or anything!

when's the draw?

I'm ok with them too.....we're getting spoiled with 3 world cup matches every day, so can't really complain. screw christmas, this is what i'm REALLY excited for!!

Can anyone remember the draw last time. They drag these things out and it takes for-fucking-ever. It's ridiculous normally, you end up sitting there screaming at the suits on the telly to draw the fucking teams!

I seem to remember a clip of another world cup draw where they got these little kids to draw the balls, he then took it over to the suits who sent him away leaving the poor kid with a bewildered look on his face.  :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if South Africa draws North Korea/New Zealand, Nigeria/Algeria and Grecce/Switzerland... Is there anywhere online where you can bet on the groups?

African teams can't be drawn against other African teams as there are less than eight of us in the competition.

Easiest group for England would be Honduras, Algeria, Greece. The first two are teams that England can physically dominate, but don't play particular wonderful passing stuff. Algeria in particular struggle with more physical West African sides. Greece would be neutralized by England, imo.

Looking for Nigeria: Italy, Germany, and Holland don't scare me at all and I'd allso like an Asian team as the US and Mexico are markedly better than them, imo. Our group last time was just ridiculous (England, Sweden, Argentina) and FIFA owes us. We've had tough draws in each World Cup we've been in.

As far as the kick off times go I'm not fussed. I gave up work to look after my kids so I'll be home for all the games. I reckon I might miss the start of the 3.30 kick offs due to the school pick ups but it's nothing a little sky+ won't solve if I can't get someone else to pick them up. Looking forward to the draw though, you know it will take forever but that's all part of the suspense.

If I was France or Portugal I'd be able to cope with being unseeded as there is always the prospect of drawing South Africa. I know with the home crowd behind them they might up their game but they really are a poor side. Just imagine if we get drawn with Portugal, USA and Ivory Coast while the French are faced with RSA, New Zealand and Algeria. We'd not be so happy with getting seeded then!!!

As far as the kick off times go I'm not fussed. I gave up work to look after my kids so I'll be home for all the games. I reckon I might miss the start of the 3.30 kick offs due to the school pick ups but it's nothing a little sky+ won't solve if I can't get someone else to pick them up. Looking forward to the draw though, you know it will take forever but that's all part of the suspense.

If I was France or Portugal I'd be able to cope with being unseeded as there is always the prospect of drawing South Africa. I know with the home crowd behind them they might up their game but they really are a poor side. Just imagine if we get drawn with Portugal, USA and Ivory Coast while the French are faced with RSA, New Zealand and Algeria. We'd not be so happy with getting seeded then!!!

And the little shits thank you by supporting Chelsea? Scandelous.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03122009/58/world-cup-2010-theron-draws-ireland-world-cup.html

Oscar winning actress Charlize Theron had some fun at FIFA's expense during a trial run for Friday's World Cup draw when she 'drew' Ireland.

The South African, whose long-term boyfriend is Irish actor Stuart Townsend, made the tongue-in-cheek gesture just one day after FIFA rejected Ireland's appeal to be added to the competition as a 33rd team.

The Irish made the request after France's Thierry Henry was clearly seen handling the ball before setting up William Gallas for the winning goal in the play-off between the two sides.

Theron will co-host Friday's draw with FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke, and Valcke confirmed that Theron pulled Ireland instead of France out of the bowl during rehearsal.

"Yes, she did, but it was only a joke," he said.

The 90-minute show will be televised live to an estimated global audience of more than 200 million people in 200 countries.

She will help place the 32 finalists into eight groups of four teams for the tournament which runs from June 11 to July 11.

:lol:

So far I have tickets to go see F1 v F2 and E1 v E4, both in Cape Town, so will be eagerly watching the teams who pop out in those positions..the draw should be great, there's a street festival happening on Cape Town's busiest street starting at midday with big screens and live performers, so should be a good time...