Preston NE 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 23/11/09 - post match reaction from page 16

Dave

I don't think I ever saw a good footballer like Ranger since Beardsly at this football club.... f***ing love the man

That must be the most stupidest and ridiculous comment i have ever had the misfortune to read on here comparing nile ranger to PETER BEARDSLEY you truly are a grade A f***ing idiot

Well I assume you are a grade F Stupid cause what I said is he is very good in small amount of space to do drible. Since Beardsly we havn't seen any one in this football club who can do that. If you see this as comparison you are a MORON.

we got what we needed - 3 points, but not much more.

f***ing hell, our games dont get any better to watch. And f*** me, Jonas, u are s**** mate.

I thought Jonas was great tonight tbh.

Also quite enjoyed the majority of our second half performance; kept the ball on the deck more and bossed the game as a result. Much, much better performance than that against Sheffield United the other week.

aye, he ran like a fuckin gazelle all night.

didnt see him connect a pass or cross mind, and lovely finish at the end.

I don't think I ever saw a good footballer like Ranger since Beardsly at this football club.... f***ing love the man

That must be the most stupidest and ridiculous comment i have ever had the misfortune to read on here comparing nile ranger to PETER BEARDSLEY you truly are a grade A f***ing idiot

Well I assume you are a grade F Stupid cause what I said is he is very good in small amount of space to do drible. Since Beardsly we havn't seen any one in this football club who can do that. If you see this as comparison you are a MORON.

Dyer?

Bellamy?

I groaned when I saw it was Jonas stepping onto that chance, awful ffs. He's class one minute and then shocking the next, we're just lucky the teams are shit in this division. Our shape was awful and anyone with a slight bit of nouse would have ripped us apart. The two in midfield are fucking shit, they're constantly ball watching and letting their men run, once again we're just lucky everyone is shitter than we are.

Harper 6 - Did what he had to when called upon.

Simpson 6 - Steady.

Colo 7 - Rock solid.

Taylor 7 - See Colo.

Enrique 7 - Inconsitant going forward, good defensively.

Jonas 5 - Worked hard but gave the ball away almost every time he got it.

Smith 6 - More of the same, good shift but overly-aggressive at times.

Nolan 6 - Nothing performance but scored the winner.

Guthrie 6 - The only midfielder capable of keeping the ball then delivering a pass to his team mate on a consistant basis.

Harewood 1 - Shit work rate, no quality, can't wait to see the back of him.

Carroll 6 - Decent shift, pissing against the wind at times.

Hughton 6 - Got the line up right but more mind boggling substitutions.

Guest firetotheworks

Dyer?

Bellamy?

Emre?

Robert?

Viana?

Lua Lua?

There's plenty to choose from who could wriggle out of tight spots.

Thought Guthrie had a very good second half by the way. The lad has some vision, and he's crying out for a Lövenkrands-type striker instead of the awful Harewood.

In the final third, yes. In the centre of the park, he made some atrocious cross-field passes. Struggled to get near one of our players at times.

I don't think I ever saw a good footballer like Ranger since Beardsly at this football club.... Fucking love the man

That must be the most stupidest and ridiculous comment i have ever had the misfortune to read on here comparing nile ranger to PETER BEARDSLEY you truly are a grade A fucking idiot

:fishing:

Guest The_Scoreboard

Yes Jonas's finishing is pure shite, but his runs tonight were brilliant and can run at anyone in this league. just wish he could improve his crossing and actually get it past the first defender. :sadnod:

can't wait for swansea and watford games now and a good chance to open up a bigger lead, just hope not two crap results like QPR and bristol city

Guest Jungle Barry

4 wins on the spin and two italian style (ha) 1-0's way from home, no complaints here.

Got to take advantage of the two home games coming up now we will be looking in excellent shape.

Lets just hope Ashley doesn't pull the rug from under us in January by flogging any key players.

Good win, though Jonas and Harewood were awful.

Jonas was both great and awful. Harewood was just consistently awful.

Not a fan of the bloke but... Harewood played excellent through ball right at the start.  Held the ball up well three times in the last five minutes.

Guest firetotheworks

The sooner Harewood gets himself away from here the better. Sick of Hughton shoehorning the useless t*** in every week and then failing to sub him.

But he plays for a Premier League team so he must be good.

tbh Im unsure how he's made it to Villa. He has no saving features in his game at all as far as I can see.

Harper   7

Simpson   7

Taylor   7

Coloccini   7

Enrique   8

Guthrie   5

Nolan   7

Smith   7

Jonas   5

Harewood   5

Carroll   6

Ranger   6

Kadar   6

Harsh on Guthrie imo, otherwise more or less bang on.

Harper   7

Simpson   7

Taylor   7

Coloccini   7

Enrique   8

Guthrie   5

Nolan   7

Smith   7

Jonas   5

Harewood   5

Carroll   6

Ranger   6

Kadar   6

He was woeful at times man. He gave the ball away far too much.

Harper   7

Simpson   7

Taylor   7

Coloccini   7

Enrique   8

Guthrie   5

Nolan   7

Smith   7

Jonas   5

Harewood   5

Carroll   6

Ranger   6

Kadar   6

Agree. Guthrie was class in the second half especially.