Newcastle v Swansea, 15:00 Saturday, 28 November 2009 Pre game thread

Astroblack

theres always the option of keeping nolan in the middle and playing mcloven up front.

(guessing the obvious of ranger up front isn't on due to the pilko/elma exchange earlier)

This is really starting to piss me off. It's plain as the nose on Andy O'Briens face that hes better than those ahead of him. He's only refered to as an effective 'impact sub' because those in front of him are shocking....and im at work

'Those' ahead of him?

well Harewood then. Just didn't feel the need to single him out because as much as I like Andy Caroll, i can see more positive potential in Ranger and Marlon is very mediocre. I don't know whether its because we keep winning in the manner we do that he fields the same plodders in certain positions or Hughton knows something we don't

Kish is not a bad option at RB.

Can see him doin ok for a long while and then just after half time doing something appallingly shocking that mkaes us concede.

Hughton says in all his interviews he's protecting Nile because he's young.  If there had been a bust up or something he wouldn't even be on the bench.

Fucking hate that argument. Not comparing the lad to Rooney here intentionally, but Everton harped on about doing the same with him and then he just cleared off by the time it was any use.

Protecting him from what, the big bad defenders of Preston North End and Swansea?

It's complete bullshit.

Not physically.  :doh: Mentally obviously.  I'm not saying its right but that's most likely what he's doing.  As I said, if Ranger had been fighting/missing training etc. I doubt he'd even be on the bench.

Protecting him mentally, aye that'll be it.

Why does he always bang on about his youth in interviews then?  He's clearly physically capable.  Must be something behind the scenes then eh?  You're so quick to rubbish any other argument but you haven't got a clue yourself about what's going on otherwise you wouldn't be saying it must be 'something behind the scenes.'

Why does he always bang on about his youth in interviews then?  He's clearly physically capable.  Must be something behind the scenes then eh?  You're so quick to rubbish any other argument but you haven't got a clue yourself about what's going on otherwise you wouldn't be saying it must be 'something behind the scenes.'

Nile doesn't give me the impression that he needs any protecting 'mentally'. And tbh, no 18 year old should be protected from the ever so horrifc and painful world of professional football.

Nile doesn't give me the impression that he needs any protecting 'mentally'. And tbh, no 18 year old should be protected from the ever so horrifc and painful world of professional football.

I agree man, I just think that's what Hughton thinks and it seems the most logical reason. 

Ranger should be a sub once Ameobi is fit, Shola and Carroll are more effective at this point.

Really bizarre that he's not getting games ahead of Harewood though, as shit as Goomba has looked for us.