Newcastle v Swansea, 15:00 Saturday, 28 November 2009 Pre game thread

Astroblack

You've said loads of times in the past that Ranger isn't ready, what's suddenly changed in a month?

Not ready to start unless absolutely essential imo, but personally I would have started him against Sheff Utd and said so. Problem is, he was ready 2 months ago in Hughton's eyes even with Harewood, Lovenkrands, Nolan and Carroll available.

Now he barely gets 10 minutes, Monday aside.

Check his posting history before mocking?

Couldn't give two hoots about his insider knowledge, it was just the pathetic way he drew attention to it.

I agree.  Elmo if you were in danger of losing your job you may as well have not alluded to knowing the team.  Now you've said you know it you may as well post it.

Ranger should be a sub once Ameobi is fit, Shola and Carroll are more effective at this point.

Really bizarre that he's not getting games ahead of Harewood though, as shit as Goomba has looked for us.

Hughton is handling it badly IMO. Ranger should be getting the odd start every now and then, Harewood has done nothing to justify an automatic place other than sulk with Hughton if he's dropped to the bench.

Ranger should be a sub once Ameobi is fit, Shola and Carroll are more effective at this point.

Really bizarre that he's not getting games ahead of Harewood though, as s*** as Goomba has looked for us.

Hughton is handling it badly IMO. Ranger should be getting the odd start every now and then, Harewood has done nothing to justify an automatic place other than sulk with Hughton if he's dropped to the bench.

ranger shouldn't be getting the odd game now and again. he should be in the team if it's for the best possible line up. with carroll and ameobi out and given harewoods form,ranger should be starting.

Protecting him from what, the big bad defenders of Preston North End and Swansea?

It's complete bullshit.

Not physically.  :doh: Mentally obviously.  I'm not saying its right but that's most likely what he's doing.  As I said, if Ranger had been fighting/missing training etc. I doubt he'd even be on the bench.

he's definitely fighting, and that's not itk at all. it was in the middle of town.