Coventry vs Newcastle United pre-match thread

Stifler

ive seen us beat palace, tottenham, west ham and fulham away. had my ticket for tomorrow but ive got swine flu. gutted!

We're nailed on to get a thumping then what with you not going and Sewelly looking to lengthen his record! Hopeless the two of you!

A must win game for us tonight because I think other times would just mark us down as promoted.

it sends out a big sign. im hoping we arent complacent.

How are Coventry playing? anyone.

A must win game for us tonight because I think other times would just mark us down as promoted.

it sends out a big sign. im hoping we arent complacent.

How are Coventry playing? anyone.

4 wins in 19 games..

Results couldn't have went better last night - last time this happened (twice it has this season) we blew up against Blackpool and Scunthorpe.

Can't recall if the Nuts Forest game was this way. But the team sh*t themselves there too.

Got a feeling Carroll won't be starting....

The problem was quite the opposite on Saturday night.

The word "moron" doesn't cover him does it ?

Everything there laid out for him, all he has to do is behave with a little decorum, and the charver yob comes out to play instead.

Well, Bellamy and Dyer and Jenas hardly suffered from being a peabrained yob up here, so why should he expect to ?

Speaking of peabrained thugs, WBA's captain headbutted our own Mickey Chopra, got sent off, and the media are trying to defend him ! Saying it was a "controversial" decision ! ! ! A HEADBUTT isn't very subtle, national media !  :kasper:

Butt comes in for Nolan according to Simon Bird.

We lose.

I think two holding midfielders away from home is a decent idea as long as we have good attacking options on both wings. If we play Pancrate or RTaylor on the right wing and Jonas on the left we should be fine.

We lose.

I think two holding midfielders away from home is a decent idea as long as we have good attacking options on both wings. If we play Pancrate or RTaylor on the right wing and Jonas on the left we should be fine.

Not if one of them is Nicky Butt.

We lose.

Not if one of them is Nicky Butt.

I agree but we don't pick the team unfortunately

I don't think playing Butt will be the biggest problem. My worry is that Hughton will put Guthrie on the right hand side which totally unbalances the team.

If he plays Butt in the centre with Smith, and two proper wingers out wide I rekcon we'll walk it

What on Earth is Hughton thinking if he's playing Butt? He's finally got a great oportunity to play Guhtrie in his favoured position and we've actually got options for the right wing in Pancake and RTaylor.

Anyway, I'm quite looking forward to listening to this on the radio

Sounds like hes gonna start Butt, what an attacking side.  Bet he goes something like this

Harper

Simpson      Tayls        Colo    Jose

Butt        Smith

Guthrie         

Jonas

Loven          Harewood

Guest Heneage

Butt was ok against Watford, he used his experience to slow the game down and keep the ball, stop being such pessimists.

He was awful. ???

No he wasn't man, stop exaggerating, he was neither good nor shite, he was just there, he won a few tackles, and as long as he keeps it simple tonight he should get through the game just fine.

whenever I see "must win game" and nufc, I get nervous and expect a loss...

We just always shoot ourselves in the foot so I'm trying to never got cocky this season.

I think we'll get a narrow win tonight, a 0-1 or a 1-2

Sounds like hes gonna start Butt, what an attacking side.  Bet he goes something like this

Harper

Simpson       Tayls        Colo     Jose

Butt         Smith

Guthrie         

Jonas

Loven           Harewood

That should still be good enough to win tbh

Guest WashyGeordie

We best win tomorrow like, because we wont be picking up any points on Saturday.

It's gotten to the point I truly believe I'm a curse. People encourage me not to go to away games.

Manchester United 6-0

Liverpool 3-0

Liverpool 2-0

Middlesbrough 1-0

Wigan 1-0

Blackburn 3-0

Bolton 1-0

West Brom 1-1 (hurrah)

Notts Forest 1-0

Peterborough 2-0

When it was against Premiership sides it wasn't so bad, but it's becoming truly creepy that it's continued into the Championship.

I'm going to Sheff Wed aswell btw  O0

I'm sure many on here have got similar away records like, if anybody wants to make me feel less responsible for us being s*** go ahead.

Mine's not as bad as yours  ;D

But I've still only seen us win 2-3 times whenever I've been away.