Coventry vs Newcastle United pre-match thread

Stifler

I would keep Pancrate on the bench and use him as an impact sub until he gains more fitness.

Harper

Simpson   Taylor   Coloccini   Enrique

Raylor      Smith      Guthrie       Jonas

Carroll   Lovenkrands

For me.

Think that is the correct team to play bar maybe Pancrate and thats the coaches call i.e. how fit he is? Hughton has hinted he will start him.

I personally think he will start him:

Unfortunately i think he may start Butt or Harewood as well which will make it more difficult for us.

Is Nolan actually suspended for this one? I thought there was some sort of 7-day rule regarding sending off's via a second yellow?

That's 5 yellows I think, he'll be suspended for this. As a positive it means we'll definitely play two strikers, Nolan has been very important for us this season though.

Guest neesy111

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

CHRIS HUGHTON is expected to turn to Nicky Butt for the midweek trip to Coventry City in the aftermath of Kevin Nolan's red card against Watford.

The Scouser picks up an instant ban for the visit to the Ricoh Arena, and fit-again Butt will make his first starting appearance since the trip to Sheffield United after coming on as a 65th-minute substitute against the Hornets.

Butt, who had been out with a calf injury, came through unscathed and is in line to start the game against the Sky Blues.

Hughton told the Chronicle today: “We have options – including Nicky Butt.

“We will miss Kevin. That was a shame, but what we do have are options.

“You always fear the worst when a player is sent off.

“But what we know about this team is that it is a resilient group of players.”

Hughton says, despite the red card for Nolan, the mood in the Toon camp is still excellent as United go into one of their most crucial weeks of the season.

He said: “Watford are a good team, a tough team to beat. You can see why they are where they are.

“If we did not work to defend as well as we did, we knew they would expose us.

“We did work as well as we did, and in the end we were worthy winners.”

United have been handed more than 5,000 tickets for Coventry on Wednesday night and they are on general sale now from the Newcastle box office.

Incredibly, with around 6,000 Toon fans heading to Barnsley on Saturday, it means that the Magpies’ away support will be the envy of not only the Championship but also the Premier League – according to Hughton.

He added: “We have two big games and we will be taking almost 10,000 to them both.

“That is very special for the players.

“It is well known we have probably the best fans in the country.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/12/07/nicky-butt-to-face-coventry-after-nolan-red-card-72703-25338550

The way he answered that makes it look like he was asked, "Will Nicky Butt be playing on Wednesday?"

"We have options - including Nicky Butt"

I doubt he'll play.

I would love to think your right but I have less faith than you tbh.

You're playing again this Wednesday? Man I love this league.

Is it televised? Maybe they show it over here again.

Watford are playing again tonight :lol: 2 days after they faced us.

the team thay are playing played on saturday aswell so it's quite even (well they turned up)

the team thay are playing played on saturday aswell so it's quite even (well they turned up)

Yeah I know, still a short gap though, considering they both played at the weekend.

Yeah I know, still a short gap though, considering they both played at the weekend.

granda hat on..........

"i remember when there would be 3 games in 4 days over easter and regular back-to-back games over christmas.