Newcastle United vs Middlesbrough pre-match thread

Stifler

Guest Heneage

I'm guessing the people wanting Pancrate to start weren't there today?

You can't do anything without the ball. He got it maybe 2-3 times in 'good positons' although he should have scored with that drive.

I'm guessing the people wanting Pancrate to start weren't there today?

I want to give him a chance at home , you know what Frenchys are like for Newcastle, they don't like playing away. If he isn't too good , he will do for an impact sub from then on.

Butt & Smith will play, just the sort of players Hughton will see as vital for a tight derby game.

Don't think so, Hughton hasn't got the convenient excuse that this is an away game so will find it hard to justify playing two defensive midfielders. Bit of a puny excuse in away games as well mind, but that's another matter.

I'd go with

Harper

S Taylor    Coloccini        Kadar    Enrique

LuaLua      Guthrie          Smith    Jonas

Ranger        Lovenkrands

I'd go with

Harper

S Taylor     Coloccini        Kadar    Enrique

LuaLua      Guthrie          Smith     Jonas

Ranger         Lovenkrands

i dont post on here very often, but im so astounded, i need to ask......

Lua Lua?? Please explain.

I'd go with

Harper

S Taylor     Coloccini        Kadar    Enrique

LuaLua      Guthrie          Smith     Jonas

Ranger         Lovenkrands

parkinsons

He's got pace and he's direct, I'd like to see what he can do in this division because I think he could be a decent enough footballer.  We'll never see that in the reserves and I think he'd give us some much needed balance when going forward.  We've virtually played the full season so far with one wing so we don't spread the game enough.  Even though we have a left winger we're too narrow because we have little or no option on the right.  If we spread the game when going forwards we'll create more room through the middle and give the opposition something to think about, his pace alone will do that.

Watching the reserves isn't the best indication of how a player will do when called up into the first team.  He has something and I'd like to see if he can make the grade rather than watching players who will never do it on the wing.

He's got pace and he's direct, I'd like to see what he can do in this division because I think he could be a decent enough footballer.  We'll never see that in the reserves and I think he'd give us some much needed balance when going forward.  We've virtually played the full season so far with one wing so we don't spread the game enough.  Even though we have a left winger we're too narrow because we have little or no option on the right.  If we spread the game when going forwards we'll create more room through the middle and give the opposition something to think about, his pace alone will do that.

Watching the reserves isn't the best indication of how a player will do when called up into the first team.  He has something and I'd like to see if he can make the grade rather than watching players who will never do it on the wing.

I think he meant "please explain" because Lua Lua is not at the club at the moment.

I think he meant "please explain" because Lua Lua is not at the club at the moment.

I think you'll find that he is at the club unless he's gone out in the last couple of days.  He was loaned out last season then returned to the club and has been playing reserve team football for us this season.  He scored two weeks ago for the reserves in the Northumbria Senior Cup win over Benfield and played less than a week ago against Grimsby.

NEWCASTLE United striker Andy Carroll will miss next weekend's Tyne-Tees derby clash with Middlesbrough because of suspension.

The Geordie ace picked up his fifth booking of the season during Saturday's 2-2 draw at Barnsley and as a result will serve an automatic one-game ban.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/carroll-blow-ahead-of-boro-20091213_2240137_1903650

Harper

Simpson      S.Taylor    Coloccini      Enrique

R.Taylor      Smith        Nolan        Gutierrez

Ameobi    Lovenkrands

Subs: Krul, Kadar, Pancrate, Harewood, Ranger, Guthrie, Butt

Be stupid to underestimate the smoggies.

They seem better on their travels*, and it is a local game - hardly a derby as such, but close enough.

They'll go for it. We need to get behind them as their defence seems shakey.

* says something about their crappy "supporters" Do they deserve an excellent chairman like Gibson ?

Harper

Simpson     Colo           Saylor    Enrique

Raylor        Smith          Nolan     Jonas

Carroll         Lovenkrands

Carroll is suspended.

Harper

Simpson      S.Taylor     Coloccini      Enrique

R.Taylor       Smith         Nolan        Gutierrez

Ameobi     Lovenkrands

Subs: Krul, Kadar, Pancrate, Harewood, Ranger, Guthrie, Butt

Yes please.

Guest Heneage

Moore was all over him yesterday and the ref did absolutely sod all. His booking was the daftest thing I've ever seen, and just proved ref had no control.

Harper

Simpson     Colo           Saylor    Enrique

Raylor        Smith          Nolan     Jonas

Carroll         Lovenkrands

Carroll is suspended.

Didn't know that when I posted it, as it hadn't been mentioned