Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

So? He could just as easily have said, "good riddance to the thieving git."

I know you guys hate Owen far more than us lot, but having a dig because he didn't personally express his sadness at the suicide of someone who tried to steal over half a million quid from him? Really?

There are plenty of perfectly valid reasons to hate on Owen. But having a pop for not being as nice as Gandhi is really stretching it.

I had to Google that, too, and from what I can see, it wasn't a bet. Owen took the builder to court for charging him for work that hadn't been done and allegedly buying himself a house in Portugal with Owen's money.

Obviously, I know neither of the men involved, but a builder trying to rip off a client is hardly a stretch to my mind. I can only think of one person I know who had building work done and the builders didn't try to rip him off somehow.

:thup: Was expecting some damning revelation from the suicide note or something. So a builder commits suicide because, as far as everyone can see, he took money and ran and couldn't handle it when he got pulled up on it. And someone mutters a bet and it's fact? :undecided: This is from someone who expressly hates Owen as a human being in every form.

So? He could just as easily have said, "good riddance to the thieving git."

I know you guys hate Owen far more than us lot, but having a dig because he didn't personally express his sadness at the suicide of someone who tried to steal over half a million quid from him? Really?

There are plenty of perfectly valid reasons to hate on Owen. But having a pop for not being as nice as Gandhi is really stretching it.

I hate Owen as much as anyone here but after reading that news report alone I fail to see how you can condemn Owen for what happened.

I had to Google that, too, and from what I can see, it wasn't a bet. Owen took the builder to court for charging him for work that hadn't been done and allegedly buying himself a house in Portugal with Owen's money.

Obviously, I know neither of the men involved, but a builder trying to rip off a client is hardly a stretch to my mind. I can only think of one person I know who had building work done and the builders didn't try to rip him off somehow.

:thup: Was expecting some damning revelation from the suicide note or something. So a builder commits suicide because, as far as everyone can see, he took money and ran and couldn't handle it when he got pulled up on it. And someone mutters a bet and it's fact? :undecided: This is from someone who expressly hates Owen as a human being in every form.

Nope. From all the news articles I've read, it's exactly as you describe it. He apparently tried to rob Owen (I couldn't find out how the case ended), got caught, and couldn't handle the consequences of actions.

I'm no fan of the Judas, but making up stories to make him look like an even bigger cunt is daft. It's not as if there aren't enough true reasons to hate him already.

I honestly keep forgetting he's still registered as a footballer.

He is? Haha!

I assumed the article was from a year or two ago. I thought he'd long since buggered off to play my little pony.

I'm no fan of the Judas, but making up stories to make him look like an even bigger cunt is daft. It's not as if there aren't enough true reasons to hate him already.

:lol: Amen, bruh.

• 1 month later...

SSN just confirmed he had his top off and was ready to celebrate with the 'champions' at the stadium of shite when the news came through about Man City. :mike:

MOTD should be a howl tonight :D

SSN just confirmed he had his top off and was ready to celebrate with the 'champions' at the stadium of s**** when the news came through about Man City. :mike:

MOTD should be a howl tonight :D

Now that is funny  :mike:

SSN just confirmed he had his top off and was ready to celebrate with the 'champions' at the stadium of shite when the news came through about Man City. :mike:

http://i.imgur.com/P2Jdw.gif

Not getting a new contract at Man Utd...

Wonder what's next for him. QPR? West Ham if they get promotion? Probably not because of Big Sam.

Already said he won't drop down a division. Think it's time for him to retire and get a proper season ticket for on of his clubs instead of sitting on the bench.

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen

I have loved every minute of the 3 years I have spent at such a fantastic club.

He has started 6 games in 3 years.

:pokerface:

fuck me, if he was on the reported 50k p/w he'll have earned nearly 8m for that stint :harry:

Jesus. How he managed to con Manure into giving him an extension to his initial one year deal I do not know.