Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

He's on FF now, saying he got injured playing for us and it wasn't his fault.

Sorry but the reason we dislike him is the fact that once he returned from injuries he never tried to pay for us and we stood by him during 2 bad injuries and all we wanted was some loyalty when we went down however he kept lying saying "Theirs no bad guys here" when asked why he hadn't signed a new contract with us.

on football focus right now - feels did nowt wrong at the toon - wasnt his fault he got injured etc.

never mentioned the lack of effort and leadership in the relegation season, never mind the poor form, and the lack of humility efter going down and staying around till the summer to make sure he got his huge loyalty bonus.

He captained to us in the relegation putting in half arsed performance after half arsed performance safe in the knowledge that it didn't matter if we went down because he was off anyway. Then, to add insult to injury, he came out and acted the cunt when he did leave.

I can overlook the injuries, he is injury prone and we knew what we were getting. Didn't see the logic at the time, it was typical cock waving from FFS.

Guest Roger Kint

on football focus right now - feels did nowt wrong at the toon - wasnt his fault he got injured etc.

never mentioned the lack of effort and leadership in the relegation season, never mind the poor form, and the lack of humility efter going down and staying around till the summer to make sure he got his huge loyalty bonus.

The WC injury could have easily been avoided by not rushing off while clearly not ready. He only had about two 30 minute sub appearances or something didnt he? He could have avoided the best part of a year sitting on his arse and actually been fit for the people who pay him instead but he chose to risk it all. Utter prick

Guest neesy111

I still maintain he got injured in the WC because he wasn't fit from his other injury and that was his fascination with being England's Michael Owen.  He's at the top of my hated footballer list and near the top of people I generally hate as well.  CUNT.

He captained to us in the relegation putting in half arsed performance after half arsed performance safe in the knowledge that it didn't matter if we went down because he was off anyway. Then, to add insult to injury, he came out and acted the cunt when he did leave.

I can overlook the injuries, he is injury prone and we knew what we were getting. Didn't see the logic at the time, it was typical cock waving from FFS.

:thup:

I don't think he even said anything after relegation did he? As captain. That brochure as well. :lol:

What more truth is there to come out anyway? He's not exactly been shy of doing and saying things that are solely attempts to make him look good, so why are they still secret? Unless he had a massive ruck with Shearer or something daft, I can't think of anything that he'd want or need to hold back.

Guest neesy111

If he comes out to say what happened with us, I'd be expecting a backlash from others in the squad at the time.

fucking hate him, especially for silence after relegation..

but it was impressive to hear him say that he new he was going to be world class when he was 12, and he such confidence in his own abilty.

Guest neesy111

Saying on Twitter the club lied and never offered him a contract after being relegated

We offered him a contract around xmas time, probably was pulled a few months later.  I never heard of a contract being offered after we went down???

Love the arrogance thinking we were annoyed because he didn't sign a new contract. Fans hate him because of his performances, effort, application and goal return as a 100k a week captain centre forward while the club was relegated, and the scant disregard he had for the club as it slipped towards impending doom. Not because he inevitably didn't stay.

The stupid fucking cunt.

Newcastle fans, following my Football Focus interview, plenty of you tweeting me saying you don't blame me for getting injured but for leaving when we got relegated. Despite the club saying they did, they didn't ever offer me a new contract despite them putting it in the press that they did. How could they when they had just been relegated? It would have been financial suicide. I've seen it a million times, a club will blatantly lie to their fans to take the moral high ground leaving the player with no leg to stand on. I've taken the stick for years which is fine but you really don't know half of it. All will be revealed one day.

Makes little sense. If we couldn't afford it, why would we offer one real or otherwise? Even if we had, why would he have stayed? In what world were the club anything less than universally hated at the time of relegation? And most of all, why couldn't he have said this before now?

It was the way he performed at the end and then left that is the issue, not whether he signed a new deal which was never going to happen. The way he went about it was pathetic.

Love the arrogance thinking we were annoyed because he didn't sign a new contract. Fans hate him because of his performances, effort, application and goal return as a 100k a week captain centre forward while the club was relegated, and the scant disregard he had for the club as it slipped towards impending doom. Not because he inevitably didn't stay.

The stupid fucking cunt.

:thup: Unbelievable that when he finally panders to NUFC fans he makes himself out an even more deluded, thick plank of a cunt.

Well, it's not that unbelievable really. He is a deluded, thick plank of a cunt.